Gourdeau

Divisional Game Thread

15 minutes ago, blaw23 said:

Yes all are still on their rookie contracts. This is Kamara's second year, Lattimore's second year and Thomas' third year. Thomas is due to be an UFA in 2020. Kamara in 2021 and Lattimore in 2022 since I would assume the Saints will pick up his 5th year option, if they don't work out a new deal before then.

That's what happens when you nail your drafts. Not many teams can do that. 

9 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

That's what happens when you nail your drafts. Not many teams can do that. 

don't forget Ryan Ramczyk... who was drafted a few picks AFTER DEN took Garrett "holding" Bolles... two guys who play the same position. As well as NOS has done, DEN has really fumbled. Reminds me of when DEN drafted Osweiller BEFORE Russel "drop it in the basket 40 yards down field" Wilson.

The interesting part to the Saints is what happens when Brees retires? He is 39 years old now. He's obviously still productive though he missed 4000 yards for the first time since 2005 as a Charger. What if he wins the SB?  I gotta think he returns anyway but the Saints could end up with no Brees in a year or so and then what is the overall effect? I think the overall drop will be profound.

And Antonio Brown needs to be careful. He had a great QB in Roethlisberger but will he be nearly as good with a lesser QB?  Then again, what if Brown ends up with the Colts and Andrew Luck? That would be awesome. I think.

17 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

don't forget Ryan Ramczyk... who was drafted a few picks AFTER DEN took Garrett "holding" Bolles... two guys who play the same position. As well as NOS has done, DEN has really fumbled. Reminds me of when DEN drafted Osweiller BEFORE Russel "drop it in the basket 40 yards down field" Wilson.

Good analysis. It's amazing what missing a pick can mean to a team. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DMD said:

The interesting part to the Saints is what happens when Brees retires? He is 39 years old now. He's obviously still productive though he missed 4000 yards for the first time since 2005 as a Charger. What if he wins the SB?  I gotta think he returns anyway but the Saints could end up with no Brees in a year or so and then what is the overall effect? I think the overall drop will be profound.

And Antonio Brown needs to be careful. He had a great QB in Roethlisberger but will he be nearly as good with a lesser QB?  Then again, what if Brown ends up with the Colts and Andrew Luck? That would be awesome. I think.

The misconception with AB is that he's anot elite route runner. He's actually not. He's a good route runner but thats not what makes him great. He makes it up as he goes and uses his speed which  fits in perfectly with Ben's ability to extend plays and Chuck it. They have built incredible  chemistry and trust on the field. We are going to see what he's got on another team because at this point there is no way he's coming back.

20 hours ago, blaw23 said:

Yes all are still on their rookie contracts. This is Kamara's second year, Lattimore's second year and Thomas' third year. Thomas is due to be an UFA in 2020. Kamara in 2021 and Lattimore in 2022 since I would assume the Saints will pick up his 5th year option, if they don't work out a new deal before then.

Sports Contracts website is a good place for this info, pretty simple, clear details, not a lot of overhead to slow it down, even seen it referenced by people in the media. 

Kamara is on very cheap contract, would they redo it with an extension before it expires?  His cap hit number is 51st among RBs, 34th on the Saints.  

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

Sports Contracts website is a good place for this info, pretty simple, clear details, not a lot of overhead to slow it down, even seen it referenced by people in the media. 

Kamara is on very cheap contract, would they redo it with an extension before it expires?  His cap hit number is 51st among RBs, 34th on the Saints.  

If Drew sticks around they should be right up there in the NFC for a few years to come. The way the rules are setup I don't think it's unreasonable anymore to expect QBs to play into their mid 40s, he just turned 40 today.