Sign in to follow this  
darin3

Wayyy too early rankings for 2019

Recommended Posts

Just to generate some general talk around here, who are your top-5's at QB/RB/WR/TE for 2019?  Assume full PPR.

 

Go!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rough List

 

QBs

Mahomes 

Luck

Rodgers

Watson

Big Ben/ Ryan

 

RBs

Gurley

Barkley 

Elliott

McCaffrey 

Connor

Kamara

 

WRs

Adams

Hopkins 

Hill

Thomas

Jones

Brown

 

TEs

Kelce 

Ertz

Kittle 

Henry

Ebron 

Howard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

QB

Mahomes

Rodgers

Watson

Luck
Brees

 

 

RB

Barkley

Zeke

Gurley

McCaffrey

Kamara

 

WR

D. Adams

D. Hopkins

M. Thomas

T. Hill

O. Beckham

 

 

TE

Kelce

Ertz

Kittle

Ebron

Howard

 

Edited by Shaft

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Cam sits for a year I have concerns about their offense - understood that CMC will still get a ton of work but I'd need to see the backup plan before I take him in the top half of the 1st round.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Don't think I'm crazy but look at Jameis Winston. He's a top 5 like it or not. 

 

Yeah, that could happen, but you're not going to draft him anywhere near that spot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Shaft said:

WR

D. Adams

 

 

Interesting.  Why?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had Jameis for part of this year on one of my teams.  He's got a lot of weapons.  Against mediocre or bad teams he was pretty money.  But play against a good defense and you may have a rough week.  I realize that's the same for all QB's but the difference seemed larger for Jameis 

Edited by purplemonster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

I had Jameis for part of this year on one of my teams.  He's got a lot of weapons.  Against mediocre or bad teams he was pretty money.  But play against a good defense and you may have a rough week.  I realize that's the same for all QB's but the difference seemed larger for Jameis 

 

That may be true but I think the thought is that with Arians now there he could really take a "leap".  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, irish said:

Yeah, that could happen, but you're not going to draft him anywhere near that spot. 

 

Definitely not. But he's a late round steal. You don't need to over pay for a QB. I won 2 leagues this year with a Free Agent Jameis Winston.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, darin3 said:

 

Interesting.  Why?

I had Hopkins and then I edited and put Adams first. The dude had the highest floor of all the receivers this year. His worst game was week 4 and that was 8 catches for 80 yards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Shaft said:

QB

Mahomes

Rodgers

Watson

Luck
Brees

 

 

RB

Barkley

Zeke

Gurley

McCaffrey

Kamara

 

WR

D. Adams

D. Hopkins

M. Thomas

T. Hill

O. Beckham

 

 

TE

Kelce

Ertz

Kittle

Ebron

Howard

 

 

I like this list a lot. I'd have a hard time leaving a healthy Wentz outside of that top 5 but it's a great list. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would have Adams very high as well.  Super consistent.  Hopkins was very consistent this year too.  But regardless Rodgers loves the guy and both of them have enough left in the tank for another big year.  

 

A little over a month ago I wrote this.  The one exception is I may rank Edelman a bit higher.  I think he's got one more good year left in him.  Obviously Gordon is out so you can forget that. 

 

"What about WR?  Who do you think is going first there?  I am spitballing here.   

 

Tier 1: AB, Julio, Tyreek, Hopkins, Thomas, Adams, OBJ 

Tier 2: Smith Schuster (kind of a 1.5 here), Thielen, AJ Green, Cooper, Allen, Hilton, Evans

Tier 3:  Diggs, Golladay, DJ Moore, J.Gordon, Robert Woods, Cooks, Edelman"

Edited by purplemonster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

I would have Adams very high as well.  Super consistent.  Hopkins was very consistent this year too.  But regardless Rodgers loves the guy and both of them have enough left in the tank for another big year.  

 

A little over a month ago I wrote this.  The one exception is I may rank Edelman a bit higher.  I think he's got one more good year left in him.  Obviously Gordon is out so you can forget that. 

 

"What about WR?  Who do you think is going first there?  I am spitballing here.   

 

Tier 1: AB, Julio, Tyreek, Hopkins, Thomas, Adams, OBJ 

Tier 2: Smith Schuster (kind of a 1.5 here), Thielen, AJ Green, Cooper, Allen, Hilton, Evans

Tier 3:  Diggs, Golladay, DJ Moore, J.Gordon, Robert Woods, Cooks, Edelman"

 

Juju may have worked himself into that top tier. Especially if AB is gone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Per Matthew Berry:

 

Top 100 Overall For 2019

RANK, PLAYER TEAM POS
1. Todd Gurley II LAR RB
2. Saquon Barkley NYG RB
3. Ezekiel Elliott DAL RB
4. Christian McCaffrey CAR RB
5. James Conner PIT RB
6. Alvin Kamara NO RB
7. Melvin Gordon LAC RB
8. Davante Adams GB WR
9. DeAndre Hopkins HOU WR
10. Joe Mixon CIN RB
11. Tyreek Hill KC WR
12. Michael Thomas NO WR
13. Julio Jones ATL WR
14. Le'Veon Bell FA RB
15. Antonio Brown PIT WR
16. David Johnson ARI RB
17. Nick Chubb CLE RB
18. JuJu Smith-Schuster PIT WR
19. Patrick Mahomes KC QB
20. Adam Thielen MIN WR
21. Odell Beckham Jr. NYG WR
22. Aaron Jones GB RB
23. Dalvin Cook MIN RB
24. Leonard Fournette JAC RB
25. Keenan Allen LAC WR
26. Travis Kelce KC TE
27. Stefon Diggs MIN WR
28. T.Y. Hilton IND WR
29. Amari Cooper DAL WR
30. Zach Ertz PHI TE
31. Robert Woods LAR WR
32. A.J. Green CIN WR
33. Mike Evans TB WR
34. George Kittle SF TE
35. Kenny Golladay DET WR
36. Kerryon Johnson DET RB
37. Sony Michel NE RB
38. Phillip Lindsay DEN RB
39. Spencer Ware KC RB
40. Julian Edelman NE WR
41. Cooper Kupp LAR WR
42. Chris Carson SEA RB
43. Devonta Freeman ATL RB
44. Brandin Cooks LAR WR
45. Tyler Boyd CIN WR
46. Emmanuel Sanders DEN WR
47. Tarik Cohen CHI RB
48. Marlon Mack IND RB
49. Jerick McKinnon SF RB
50. Derrius Guice WAS RB
51. Derrick Henry TEN RB
52. Allen Robinson CHI WR
53. Jarvis Landry CLE WR
54. Mark Ingram II NO RB
55. Doug Baldwin SEA WR
56. Robby Anderson NYJ WR
57. Chris Godwin TB WR
58. Hunter Henry LAC TE
59. Andrew Luck IND QB
60. James White NE RB
61. Jordan Howard CHI RB
62. Eric Ebron IND TE
63. Alshon Jeffery PHI WR
64. Corey Davis TEN WR
65. Aaron Rodgers GB QB
66. Kenyan Drake MIA RB
67. Lamar Miller HOU RB
68. Will Fuller V HOU WR
69. Tyler Lockett SEA WR
70. O.J. Howard TB TE
71. Calvin Ridley ATL WR
72. Rob Gronkowski NE TE
73. Deshaun Watson HOU QB
74. Tevin Coleman ATL RB
75. DJ Moore CAR WR
76. Marvin Jones Jr. DET WR
77. Ben Roethlisberger PIT QB
78. Matt Ryan ATL QB
79. Matt Breida SF RB
80. LeSean McCoy BUF RB
81. Sammy Watkins KC WR
82. Cam Newton CAR QB
83. Peyton Barber TB RB
84. Keke Coutee HOU WR
85. Drew Brees NO QB
86. David Njoku CLE TE
87. Mike Williams LAC WR
88. Larry Fitzgerald ARI WR
89. Golden Tate PHI WR
90. Isaiah Crowell NYJ RB
91. Royce Freeman DEN RB
92. Courtland Sutton DEN WR
93. Dion Lewis TEN RB
94. Alex Collins BAL RB
95. Adam Humphries TB WR
96. Robert Foster BUF WR
97. Evan Engram NYG TE
98. Jay Ajayi PHI RB
99. Jared Goff LAR QB
100. Duke Johnson Jr. CLE RB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am having trouble ranking the QB's, although the above lists sound reasonable.  After Mahomes I am not sure how crucial the picks are.  Yes, I'd like Luck next.  But I almost wonder if QB next year isn't a lot like picking a defense, where you pick two Qb's and play the matchups.  It seems like the quality of defense played is more important than the relative differences between a lot of QB's.

 

Stats from this year https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/stats/sortable/points/QB/standard/ytd.  Also, those stats underestimate it.  Next year, Baker will be better, Garoppolo back, Jameis will have a full season, Darnold will be better, Foles will have a team likely, Lamar Jackson didn't play a full year (not really sold on Lamar personally).  So that middle tier to upper middle tier will be even more jammed. 

 

Edited by purplemonster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

QB

1. Mahomes

2. Luck

3. Brees

4. Roethlisberger

5. Rodgers

 

RB

1. Gurley

2. Barkley

3. Kamara

4. Elliott

5. Gordon

 

WR

1. Hopkins

2. Thomas

3. Hill

4. OBJ

5. Adams

 

TE

1. Kelce

2. Ertz

3. Kittle

4. Howard

5. Rudolph

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, purplemonster said:

I am having trouble ranking the QB's, although the above lists sound reasonable.  After Mahomes I am not sure how crucial the picks are.  Yes, I'd like Luck next.  But I almost wonder if QB next year isn't a lot like picking a defense, where you pick two Qb's and play the matchups.  It seems like the quality of defense played is more important than the relative differences between a lot of QB's.

 

Stats from this year https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/stats/sortable/points/QB/standard/ytd.  Also, those stats underestimate it.  Next year, Baker will be better, Garoppolo back, Jameis will have a full season, Darnold will be better, Foles will have a team likely, Lamar Jackson didn't play a full year (not really sold on Lamar personally).  So that middle tier to upper middle tier will be even more jammed. 

 

 

Yep lots to be figured out still regarding QBs. I have been looking at some of this data and what it means for my keeper team. For once I have a legit tier 1 top 12 value player in Adams, but from there its still sketchy with Ertz, Landry, Cohen, Carson and Trubisky my top likely (must keep 5).

 

When looking at the top QBs in weekly average (not total points which skew results against guys who missed games) Ryan and Fitzpatrick were top 5, even if Fitz starts I doubt Fitz goes anywhere near top 5 of QBs, Prescott was in the top 10, but won't go that high, Rodgers/Brady/Rivers out of the top 10, but likely go there. I may end up not protecting a QB, and draft one (I also have 1st overall pick so technically that bubble guy is still mine if I want them over other options.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.