[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Running back questions 2019

purplemonster

Few question marks. How is DJ going to do next year? Will Derrius Guice be the man in Washington. Ravens- Edwards and Dixon.  How will Carson and Penny split? Chiefs have Williams and Ware.  Lindsay to me seems like the lead back but will Freeman cut into it much? I'm sure there's more. Wondering what thoughts on any of these are. 

Edited by purplemonster

Just now, LordOpie said:

Phillip Lindsay signed a 3 year, $1,725,000 contract with the Denver Broncos, including a $15,000 signing bonus, $15,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $575,000. In 2018, Lindsay will earn a base salary of $473,112 ...

I think he was only really guaranteed $30,000 when he signed which is a good deal for an UFA, but one primary reason he choose Denver was so he could live at home.

Yep, an even better example. 

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

Will the Bears keep Jordan Howard or try to trade him. Will Cohen be a workhorse for the Bears, is either one a clear RB1?

They will try to find a better suited back for the scheme.  Trade is possible, but he's on a cheap rookie contract so there is no reason to go out of the way to move him without a decent return (3rd rounder I'd think).  Unfortunately he's just a square peg being used in a round hole.  Cohen will never be anything more then a split back at best.  He's generally operating out of space.  IMO, he is just way too small to pound between the tackles for 10-15 carries a game.  I wouldn't be surprised to see him relegated to COP/3rd Down if they can get a more versatile primary RB. 

Luckily (or unluckily depending on which back we're talking about), this draft lacks RB talent and the Bears don't have anything pick wise until the 3rd anyways.  So odds are if they get a new back it would probably have to be through free agency which also is pretty blah.  I'd expect Cohen will be used similarly to how he was this year, while Howard is a big question mark.  If they don't sign someone in the first month of FA, I'll expect he'll get another year here. 

Hunt has been talked about here cause of Naggy's relationship with him from KC and due to recent presser with the coach and GM (where it wasn't shut down).  But since no one knows what his state of mind is or discipline status, that's all just conjecture at this point.   

• Like 1

11 hours ago, League_Champion said:

I think a fresh coaching staff will do DJ good, he's too talent to fail if used right. 

In Denver it's has to be Lindsay's job to lose. He proved himself to be a #1 back on a crap team. 

Agree with both of these.  I think they upgrade the OL and he is used more creatively.  He'll get yards through the air if not on the ground 

I am not super optimistic about Howard.  Once a guy starts losing time it doesn't seem to work out that well.  I don't know how much Cohen's production jumps either though as you said.  I really thought Damien Williams looked better than Ware.  Gus Edwards I think will be the man, I thought he looked good.  Big body, runs hard.  

Also guys I think will be undervalued next year are Chubb and Henry. I think both have big years. 

Edited by purplemonster

3 hours ago, Ramhock said:

I was a DJ owner, this year.  He doesn't get the same grade on the eye test, as he did 2 years ago.  Rosen doesn't pass the eye test.  Pass.

I asked the DJ question because I was not sure myself.  And it appears there is a variety of opinions here too.  I personally agree with you on the eye test, he didn't look as imposing to me.  However, that Cardinals line was horrible.  So I can't tell if he isn't the same guy or if it's just a terrible situation.  He is a pretty good receiver though so I think they'll cut out a decent role for him, I am just unclear where to rank him.    

The other guy I am not 100% sure on his very high ranking is Conner.  He looked good but that Pitt line is one of the best or the best in the league.  

Edited by purplemonster