[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFC Championship Thread

Gourdeau

Saints were robbed, the Rams have no business being in the superbowl.  That was a terrible missed PI, if called, the saints are 1st and goal i believe, the rams have no timeouts, the saints run the clock down, call a timeout with no time left and kick a game- winning FG.  

Just an absolute shame that the officials blew this HUGE game!  They decided the winner. 

1 minute ago, irish said:

Saints were robbed, the Rams have no business being in the superbowl.  That was a terrible missed PI, if called, the saints are 1st and goal i believe, the rams have no timeouts, the saints run the clock down, call a timeout with no time left and kick a game- winning FG.  

Just an absolute shame that the officials blew this HUGE game!  They decided the winner. 

The NFL should be embarrassed. But they aren't. They don't care. 

Just now, Bobby Brown said:

Frustrating.  At the end of the Cowboys Hawks game, refs throw flags on a couple questionable PIs that largely determine the outcome of the game.  Then today that guy gets mugged and refs swallow their whistles.  

It's been that way all year. I bet at least a dozen games if not more were lost or won due to the refs.

I'm really having a difficult time continuing to be a fan of the NFL. I love the Saints, but when the league starts becoming so ridiculously unfair because of either completely incompetent or completely biased referees it's difficult to ever think that your team has a chance when ultimately the game can be so easily determined by bad calls. What's worse is it seems to be getting worse every season. I'm just so fed up with it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

I'm really having a difficult time continuing to be a fan of the NFL. I love the Saints, but when the league starts becoming so ridiculously unfair because of either completely incompetent or completely biased referees it's difficult to ever think that your team has a chance when ultimately the game can be so easily determined by bad calls. What's worse is it seems to be getting worse every season. I'm just so fed up with it. 

Your preaching to the choir. I couldn't agree more.

1 minute ago, rajncajn said:

I don't know if it is getting worse, it just really sucks when it happens to your team in a big game.

Signed, Seahawk fan who watched Superbowl 40.  

30 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

It's been that way all year. I bet at least a dozen games if not more were lost or won due to the refs.

So true, however, this horrific call was for the chance to play in a damn Superbowl!!  And it absolutely cost the Saints the game, that cannot be argued. 

come on chappy, you cannot ignore the other non-calls throughout the game. this one is just magnified

6 minutes ago, irish said:

So true, however, this horrific call was for the chance to play in a damn Superbowl!!  And it absolutely cost the Saints the game, that cannot be argued. 

9 minutes ago, irish said:

I agree totally. The refs MUST be held accountable. Who's to say that game wasn't fixed? You have to ask the question when a game is called that bad. 

1 minute ago, League_Champion said:

I agree totally. The refs MUST be held accountable. Who's to say that game wasn't fixed? You have to ask the question when a game is called that bad. 

Let's not get too overdramatic.   They blew 2 PIs and the timing the last one was horrible.

Lets not forget the fact that Brees' accuracy was horrible and Paytons play calling was suspect.  You dont burn the clock by passing on 1st down, and if you are Brees, receivers feet dont catch the ball, their hands do.  Missed a 1st down on the previous drive by not leading Ginn like he shoukd have.  Drive before that he fell short of hitting his TE on the sideline. 

The refs didnt help the outcome by a horrible no-call, but lets not let Payton and co. completely off the hook.  

Edited by Shorttynaz

2 minutes ago, Shorttynaz said:

Lets not forget the fact that Brees' accuracy was horrible and Paytons play calling was suspect.  You dont burn the clock by passing on 1st down, and if you are Brees, receivers feet dont catch the ball, their hands do.  Missed a 1st down on the previous drive by not lwading Ginn like he shoukd have.  Drive before that he fell short of hitting his TE on the sideline. 

The refs didnt help the outcome by a horrible no-call, but lets not let Payton and co. completely off the hook.  

Agree, Payton was terrible. That game was over. He blew it and Brees didnt help. But let's not give these refs a pass. That was unacceptable.

1 minute ago, Ramhock said:

Rams were 0-8 with that ref crew. Thankful for the win. Pats win, I got a shot in Smackbowl. Saints were robbed. Reffing is bad in all sports but players can't ref also. No flag on 2nd Pats TD just now.

That last Pat's TD was clearly pass interference (no flag) but it doesn't matter anyway since they scored.