Gourdeau

NFC Championship Thread

1 hour ago, LordOpie said:

i'm not sure he doesn't.

in the NFL's own rules, there's verbiage on how to over-turn or replay games. 

And I bet he thinks he does because if he doesn't, the publicity stunt could ruin his career. Good news is that the primary leverage can only last a few more days

Exactly. If this by some miracle was overturned what's next? Every single team would have a legit gripe, not just NO. Do you go back and overturn every bad call?? Not happening. Let him get his 15 minutes of Fame and sail off into the sunset.

15 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Exactly. If this by some miracle was overturned what's next? Every single team would have a legit gripe, not just NO. Do you go back and overturn every bad call?? Not happening. Let him get his 15 minutes of Fame and sail off into the sunset.

again, I don't think the lawyer's goal is to over-turn anything. He's using this as leverage.

17 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

again, I don't think the lawyer's goal is to over-turn anything. He's using this as leverage.

I'm in agreement. It's a lot of nothing.

3 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I'm in agreement. It's a lot of nothing.

lol, i'm not saying it's nothing.

18 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

lol, i'm not saying it's nothing.

It won't go anywhere. You won't hear a peep about it in a couple weeks, crickets. 

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

You won't hear a peep about it in a couple weeks

You mean after the super bowl is played and it is too late? Lol duh

12 hours ago, League_Champion said:

No doubt. It's a brilliant move on his behalf  Now everyone knows his name. He knows that he doesn't have a legal leg to stand on l.

Anybody who wants to file frivolous lawsuits knows they should call this guy, anybody looking for a serious attorney can ignore him. 

I just laugh at anybody who takes him seriously or thinks he has a "leg to stand on" as they say.  And there is no leverage, the people in the NFL offices and their battalion of lawyers are just laughing. 

27 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

There won't be a hearing. The NFL will throw so much money and attorneys at them that they'll be lucky to get a hearing at all. They'll tie it up for years. 

i don't think that's how hearings work?

2 hours ago, stevegrab said:

THIS CASE WILL GO NOWHERE!

lol, i like how you get so upset over, well, everything.

it's going to a hearing tomorrow. so, it's already going somewhere.

39 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

lol, i like how you get so upset over, well, everything.

it's going to a hearing tomorrow. so, it's already going somewhere.

Naa. Anybody can get a hearing for anything. Means nothing.

1 minute ago, League_Champion said:

Naa. Anybody can get a hearing for anything. Means nothing.

lol you said there would be no hearing several posts up, so...?

FWIW https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/ericmacramalla/2019/01/23/legal-look-saints-lawsuit-against-nfl-for-blown-call-has-no-chance/amp/

Also it sounds like the hearing for Monday won't happen since it goes to federal court. The parties are out of state and implications >5 million so goes to federal, not state court. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/ny-sports-saints-lawsuit-nfl-responds-20190125-story.html%3foutputType=amp

Edited by purplemonster

The only good thing this lawsuit will do is bring more pressure on the league to take action. I wouldn't say the suit is frivolous because the fans do pay to expect fair play. But I think you have to clearly show that the league or refs had malice intent and I don't see how that is possible. Fans do deserve better though, so I'm not going to argue over anyone trying to take measures to force the NFL's hand. They have been way too arrogant, way too long and to completely ignore the fans in this matter is just a big slap in the face. One of many in a long line of debacles that I think every fan should get behind because we all deserve better.

1 hour ago, rajncajn said:

But I think you have to clearly show that the league or refs had malice intent

I don't think it has to get anywhere near malice level. I think they only have to show negligence. Is the NFL doing enough? If not, lawsuit moves forward. But the lawyer could settle (since he won't likely win) with part of the settlement making the games better...

The only good thing this lawsuit will do is bring more pressure on the league to take action.

this.

I don't know maybe, but If I was the NFL I'd be more concerned with angry owners & fans rather than some hack Louisiana attorney. There's enough heat already that the NFL will have to make some changes going forward. I don't think this hearing has any bearing on anything. 

The NFL would never settle.  The suit probably gets dismissed during the hearing anyway.