[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

AFC Championship Thread

Gourdeau

1 minute ago, League_Champion said:

You have to play defense to win. 

of course you do.  they were exhausted and hit a point where they couldn't get enough pressure on brady.  repeatedly couldn't stop them on 3rd and long

Just now, Bier Meister said:

of course you do.  they were exhausted and hit a point where they couldn't get enough pressure on brady.  repeatedly couldn't stop them on 3rd and long

Good thing Reid was saving his timeouts.  Even Romo was like you gotta give these guys a breather.

• Like 2

Just now, Shorttynaz said:

Good thing Reid was saving his timeouts.  Even Romo was like you gotta give these guys a breather.

:lol:

yep

and nep didn't need to use any of their 3 remaining for their final drive in the 4th to take the lead

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Shorttynaz said:

Yeah, Reid looked frozen. Ugghh...the Patriots and the Rams, I need to find some motivation to watch this Superbowl.

Edited by Shaft

2 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

What's the difference if you can't stop the other team? They just needed one stop and couldn't get it. Don't blame it on a 5 yard offsides. 

well, in 60+ plays, what is the probability that someone may have lined up in the neutral zone on a play that did not result in a brady int?

• Like 1

Just now, League_Champion said:

I hear you, it sucks. But you still gotta stop the other team. Brady went up & down the field at will to tie and win it. 

point is that it was not simply a 5 yard penalty. it was a fortuitous drive/game extender.  kcc did a noble job for 3 1/2 q.  yeah you have to play (at least) 60 min, but we often see this for nep

1 minute ago, Wolverines Fan said:

This isn't a shot at the Patriots but in playoff overtime both teams should get at least one possession.

Just my humble opinion.

Always have felt this is the worst overtime in all of sports

1 minute ago, Wolverines Fan said:

This isn't a shot at the Patriots but in playoff overtime both teams should get at least one possession.

Just my humble opinion.

I agree. I don't like the current OT, especially in the playoffs. How about a 10 minute quarter. If no winner you play another 10 minute quarter. The TV executives won't like it but so what.

3 minutes ago, Wolverines Fan said:

Just my humble opinion.

I agree, when they changed the rules after the 09 season I don’t understand why they didn’t make that part of it. Football teams have an offense and a defense, both units for both teams should see the field at least once to decide the game