[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

AFC Championship Thread

Gourdeau

4 hours ago, Shorttynaz said:

I guess Andy Reid was saving those timeouts for next year.  

Stupid...

I didn't get a chance to watch the game yet but this made me laugh. 

Also I agree.  A game that is tied after 60 shouldn't be decided by a coin flip.  If Team 1 scores a TD then Team 2 needs a TD.  If both teams score a TD (or each a FG) then go to the 2nd series.  If team 1 gets a FG/TD on their 2nd series, Team 2 needs a FG/TD  (whatever Team 1 got or better) After that just go to first points win. Or if you wanted to speed it up more, you could just go to first points win on the 2nd series.  I just really feel both offenses should get at least one chance.  

Alternatively you could go to a straight time limit. 

Edited by purplemonster

9 hours ago, Wolverines Fan said:

This isn't a shot at the Patriots but in playoff overtime both teams should get at least one possession.

Just my humble opinion.

Agree. Even more so in today's game with many more offensive plays (i'm guessing, don't have the stats), defenses are exhausted usually when game gets to OT

The Pats may be getting older but when the chips were down .Brady, Edelman, and Gronk were money, especially in that last drive on 3rd down.  Edelman made some huge catches in the middle and took some big hits but held on. The Roughing call was a bad call but I cant say it cost KC the game . Future is very bright in KC as well. Mahomes looked very poised in that 2nd half and they went toe to toe slugging it out with a very experienced team . I also had the Pats over 27 team total. Game over 56 and Pats alternate line team total over 35 :)  I was crying in my soup until that 4th Q

21 hours ago, LordOpie said:

don't worry! Peyton retired. We now suck way worse than you. Like exponentially worse.

Get back to me when the Broncos go 0-16 or 1-31, like really really bad...  like losing 224 games in 20 seasons, like 5-11 as an average record for 20 years.

SUPER EXPONENTIALLY WORSE  

But that's over, Browns are rebounding now, but I will remember that horrible stretch, and hope no fan ever has to experience anything like it. 

AND F*** THE PATS

• Like 1

14 hours ago, hezagenius said:

Patriots win by at least 14.  Saints might have been able to give them a run, but not LA.

With the Pats in the SB I'd prefer the veteran HC/QB combo from the Saints, but I wouldn't write off the Rams yet.  I know its the popular thing to do, Pats reach the SB and people hand over the trophy. I won't do that, neither will the Rams. 

14 hours ago, Wolverines Fan said:

This isn't a shot at the Patriots but in playoff overtime both teams should get at least one possession.

Just my humble opinion.

No college OT in the NFL, most contrived nonsense ever.

For those saying that OT shouldn't be decided on a coin flip, Saints won the toss and lost.  Guess they didn't get the memo that coin toss winner has to win OT. 

Edited by stevegrab
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, stevegrab said:

No college OT in the NFL, most contrived nonsense ever.

For those saying that OT shouldn't be decided on a coin flip, Saints won the toss and lost.  Guess they didn't get the memo that coin toss winner has to win OT. 

It's not about who wins, it's about each side getting a fair shot on offense. The NFL overtime rules are arbitrary, at best. 

• Like 1

The argument "well then play defense and stop them" is ridiculous.. OK so then how about the team that wins the flip defers, plays defense and then that way they only need a FG. 

Edited by Gourdeau

21 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

The argument "well then play defense and stop them" is ridiculous.. OK so then how about the team that wins the flip defers, plays defense and then that way they only need a FG. 

I'd like to see them play a full 10-15 minute quarter. If tied at the end of 10 they play another. I know it's old school but it would definitely be fair. 

• Like 1