[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Superbowl 2019 Thread

League_Champion

Regardless of how & why, two OT Conf championships suck?  You younguns don't know what NFL entertainment is.  Try to step back and realize how tense & dramatic the 2 games were. 

Rams opened -1, now +2.  Sounds like y'all can make some easy $.  Reverse tease the game and get some good odds.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, LordOpie said:

for the first time in years, i don't care. this post-season has sucked.

Yesterday was absolutely incredible football . The missed call put a black eye on it , but those games were very entertaining

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, LordOpie said:

there were several unacceptable calls in both games that went against NOS and KC. It's not that I'm a NOS or KC fan, but when the bad calls are that lopsided, it ruins the games. In addition, the wild card and divisional rounds were the least entertaining that I could remember.

overall, this post-season sucked donkey balls

This has been going on since the dawn of time . Saints got jobbed. I get it. Pats game wasn't determined by the refs IMO. Putting calls aside I was very entertained yesterday

18 minutes ago, whomper said:

This has been going on since the dawn of time . Saints got jobbed. I get it. Pats game wasn't determined by the refs IMO. Putting calls aside I was very entertained yesterday

Also,poor coaching by New Orleans helped LAR win.

24 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

there were several unacceptable calls in both games that went against NOS and KC. It's not that I'm a NOS or KC fan, but when the bad calls are that lopsided, it ruins the games. In addition, the wild card and divisional rounds were the least entertaining that I could remember.

overall, this post-season sucked donkey balls

18 minutes ago, whomper said:

from what i saw yesterday, any of those 4 teams could have had legitimate gripes if they lost.  

i think there has been some "massaging" for some time, part of which can keep games entertaining.

• Thanks 1

I don't think officiating has gotten progressively worse.  People have selective memories and whatever happened yesterday seems bigger than things that happened years ago. It is the same with politics; every new president is the worst evah!

Again, Superbowl 40 had at least a half dozen monumental bad calls that affected the outcome of the game.  The Saints had two bad ones yesterday and the timing of the last one is making people over-react.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

and this, despite the league claiming the refs getting more training.

My frustration isn't just the refs. I confess to being biased in wanting KC to win, so why HC wasn't calling time outs to rest and substitute DEF players on that OT drive is the kind of thing that would want me to want the coach fired. I like Reid, but I think his age took his toll at the end of that game. He looked asleep at the wheel.

I feel the same. I wanted Andy to win it so bad. But it's the same old Andy Reid. He's learned nothing over the years and his clock management is atrocious.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

I don't think officiating has gotten progressively worse.  People have selective memories and whatever happened yesterday seems bigger than things that happened years ago. It is the same with politics; every new president is the worst evah!

Again, Superbowl 40 had at least a half dozen monumental bad calls that affected the outcome of the game.  The Saints had two bad ones yesterday and the timing of the last one is making people over-react.  

shoot...i was a young 9er fan watching a terribly officiated NFC championship game vs the skins (83 season) at rfk.  sloppy, sloppy game (mud).  refs made several bad calls on ronnie lott presenting the skins with the game winning fg.  montana had a wonderful 4th quarter.....

anyway... while "massaging" wasn't on my radar, impactful officiating has been around for a while.

Payton mentioned something along the lines of being able to review PI. More review will make an already long game even longer but if they can incorporate it where it doesn't delay the crap out of the games and has a cap for how many times you can do it, ill be all for it. A major miss like yesterday may be just what it takes to make that happen . It would have to be capped though. Maybe you get one a game and its up top the coach when he wants to use it and burn it. You couldn't have a stoppage  every other play

2 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

shoot...i was a young 9er fan watching a terribly officiated NFC championship game vs the skins (83 season) at rfk.  sloppy, sloppy game (mud).  refs made several bad calls on ronnie lott presenting the skins with the game winning fg.  montana had a wonderful 4th quarter.....

anyway... while "massaging" wasn't on my radar, impactful officiating has been around for a while.

I hear that. I watched Deion Sanders maul Michael Irvin in the championship game against the 49ers and get away with it

7 minutes ago, whomper said:

I hear that. I watched Deion Sanders maul Michael Irvin in the championship game against the 49ers and get away with it

sanders mauled wr's while on several teams, including the boys.

...and MI made career on the offensive pushoff.  

2 hours ago, whomper said:

Anybody saying the games sucked are morons, I don't care if you are 10 or 110. Some bad calls, yep. Pats who are universally hated (except by their fans) in another SB, makes me want to barf. That doesn't mean the games sucked, just fans unhappy with the results. 

12 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Anybody saying the games sucked are morons, I don't care if you are 10 or 110. Some bad calls, yep. Pats who are universally hated (except by their fans) in another SB, makes me want to barf. That doesn't mean the games sucked, just fans unhappy with the results. 

Both were amazing games. 2 OT Championship games, what more could you ask for?

34 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

the results are a huge factor in the event. Suppose you're having sex with a beautiful woman and her husband comes home.

Id ask him to wait 5 seconds

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, LordOpie said:

the results are a huge factor in the event. Suppose you're having sex with a beautiful woman and her husband comes home.

Reminds me of the summer in colleges when I was mowing lawns for extra cash.  An especially nice looking woman invited me in for a glass of tea.  One thing led to another, and I find myself having sex with her bent over the kitchen table.  Suddenly, we heard the front door open, and she said "That's my husband, quick try the back door!".  So that's what I did.  In retrospect, I should have run out the back, but you don't get an offer like that every day...

• Haha 3