League_Champion

Superbowl 2019 Thread

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

 

It's unreal how much he really knows. I never really paid much attention to him. But since the playoffs started I can't turn him off. 

He’s an incredible announcer with a balance of knowledge and charisma. He’s the real deal for a long time to come... kudos slip ( That ones for you C1)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He is the only reason I'll be watching. He should really get into coaching assuming he misses being part of the game 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Gourdeau said:

He is the only reason I'll be watching. He should really get into coaching assuming he misses being part of the game 

 

Agree. He's a much better announcer/analyst than he was a QB. He knows of what he speaks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Gourdeau said:

He is the only reason I'll be watching. He should really get into coaching assuming he misses being part of the game 

 

Coaching is a much more demanding job, and one with fickle owners/fans/media that will want you fired if you're not producing. I understand he has a young family, he's always enjoyed the spotlight, doubt he takes on the headaches of coaching at this time. (But then I also thought Jon Gruden would never leave the booth, who knew the Raiders would offer him $100M.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another good article.  I liked this excerpt https://www.yahoo.com/sports/tony-romo-famous-now-played-020141375.html

 

“I’m still looking at [the game] from the quarterback’s perspective,” Romo said. “You start off with the personnel. Then you go to formation. Then you go to the protection side of it, what can you protect, what are the possibilities.

“And then you go situation,” he continued, meaning down and distance. “And then go through the one-on-one matchups and personnel. And then you start to go through mannerisms. And then you think about schemes and history of those coaches on what they could or couldn’t call based on down and distance and where they are at and time.”

See, not complicated.

Oh, and you have to do all of that in a matter of seconds and do it the same way that Brady is doing it, and then you need to convey it to a far less football-sophisticated audience in as few words as possible."

Edited by purplemonster
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, purplemonster said:

and then you need to convey it to a far less football-sophisticated audience in as few words as possible."

Guys who played with Peyton Manning said he was brilliant at explaining in plain English to his team

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-01-30 at 10:58 AM, stevegrab said:

 

Coaching is a much more demanding job, and one with fickle owners/fans/media that will want you fired if you're not producing. I understand he has a young family, he's always enjoyed the spotlight, doubt he takes on the headaches of coaching at this time. (But then I also thought Jon Gruden would never leave the booth, who knew the Raiders would offer him $100M.)

 

There's something to be said about being involved in the game and the competition.. if you have a passion for that you cannot get that satisfaction from the booth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

 

There's something to be said about being involved in the game and the competition.. if you have a passion for that you cannot get that satisfaction from the booth.

 

Agree but that Booth gig is all gravy! I bet Gruden would go back in a minute. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Patriots Inactives

Duke Dawson, DB

Ufomba Kamalu, DL

Stephen Anderson, TE

Derek Rivers, DE

Obi Melifonwu, DB

Keionta Davis, DL

James Ferentz, OL

Rams Inactives

Darious Williams, DB

Justin Davis, RB

Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, OLB

Trevon Young, OLB

Jamil Demby, OL

Sebastian Joseph-Day, DT

Tanzel Smart, DT

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NE 35 LA 31

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pats by 7 at least. I think Aaron donald and that line needs to ball out to win.  I like McVay but Goff may be skittish. I think Pats D is better than people think.  And I think the Pats Oline is enough to handle the Rams.  But if not then I may be very wrong. 

Edited by purplemonster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

Pats by 7 at least. I think Aaron donald and that line needs to ball out to win.  I like McVay but Goff may be skittish. I think Pats D is better than people think.  And I think the Pats Oline is enough to handle the Rams.  But if not then I may be very wrong. 

 

26-17 Patriots and it's never in doubt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

49 first timers for Rams. No way they win this. Pats by at least 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

49 first timers for Rams. No way they win this. Pats by at least 10

 

Agree, there's no way Brady loses 2 Superbowls in a row either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

my wife heard that the TV said someone was retiring after this game, regardless of outcome? Did anyone hear this? Who?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

my wife heard that the TV said someone was retiring after this game, regardless of outcome? Did anyone hear this? Who?

 

They mentioned Gronk possibly retiring. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who would have thought the Patsies get the first head scratcher call?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is the deal with Gurley? Is he hurt, or did he seriously piss off McVay a while back? I don’t understand what’s happening with him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Finn5033 said:

What is the deal with Gurley? Is he hurt, or did he seriously piss off McVay a while back? I don’t understand what’s happening with him

 

I think Boy Genius forgot he's supposed to be a genius. He spun himself out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.