[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I am tired of the moaning

Ramhock

the nfl, despite the circus its been for years now, hasn't been able to turn me off

if they start reviewing judgement calls that just might do it...I can understand reviewing helmet to helmet....that's a safety issue.....but not PI....whats next? they are gonna review holding calls? "you can call holding on just about every play in the NFL"...you know that old line....oh you just gave up a big play? why not challenge it and hope someone can negate it with a holding call if they feel like it?

3 hours ago, whomper said:

A. There is no guarantee they win even if the call is made . Odds heavily favor that they do, but no guarantee. Take it from me, I watched the Cowboys botch a gimme FG that most likely would have put the Hawks away in the playoffs many moons ago. B. The Saints botched their opportunities after the call. C. As I mentioned, they had fortunate calls that were missed against them earlier in the game

A. The odds are more than "heavily" in their favor. The Saints would have been able to run the clock out and then basically have an extra point for the win. Diminishing that is just making excuses. But honestly, that is not the point. The point is that bad of a missed call should never have happened in the first place, on ANY level of football, let alone the highest level in one of the biggest games. Even under the standard of "letting them play" multiple refs missing multiple fouls, one even dealing with player safety, is completely inexcusable.

B. Yes, the Saints botched their opportunities after and the Rams didn't. As I've said before, the Rams did what they needed to win and I'm not taking anything away from that. That still doesn't change the fact that it never should have happened. 

C. Both teams had fortunate calls and non-calls throughout the game. That's fair as long as it's called evenly and both teams are allowed to play within those rules. That play went well beyond that framework. People keep pointing back to the facemask on Goff. Ok, so what about the illegal hit on Brees when he threw the final interception? Where's his flag? The one called for Brady wasn't nearly as bad. But you don't hear Saints fans complaining about that no-call because they know there's a difference between "letting them play" and what happened with the no-call PI. 

Edited by rajncajn
  • Like 1

NOLA media reporting that none of them were allowed to ask questions during the league address today. Only Jeff Duncan with ESPN, who has a deep seeded hatred for Payton, was allowed to open a scripted question and no follow ups allowed.

He also lied about contacting the players. 

This is such (the really bad word)ing bullmanure. 

Edited by rajncajn
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, BillyBalata said:

I think there would have to be some kind of restrictions on what kind of penalties could be reviewed. Otherwise every time a td is scored in the 4th qtr a coach could challenge whether the OL held on that play. someone tell me they would be in favor of that...

As it stands now a coach has to specify what he is challenging. Taking your example of holding.. the rule for all penalty challenges should be that coach would have to tell the ref specifically what the infraction and by whom, so exactly which player was holding which player, rather than a blanket challenge for holding. I think that could help with weeding out the subjective close call and promote challenges on the really aggregious call. I also think there should be restriction on when the challenges can be made in the game. 4th quarter and OT only or with less than 5 minutes in the 4th quarter and all of OT

• Like 1

On 1/30/2019 at 10:16 AM, Bobby Brown said:

The fact that it took until 2018 for the NFL to figure out what a catch is, is a very valid point to the discussion.  

You didnt think very well before you posted again.  Think harder next time.

If that was your point it wasn't expressed well, try harder in the future.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Gourdeau said:

As it stands now a coach has to specify what he is challenging. Taking your example of holding.. the rule for all penalty challenges should be that coach would have to tell the ref specifically what the infraction and by whom, so exactly which player was holding which player, rather than a blanket challenge for holding. I think that could help with weeding out the subjective close call and promote challenges on the really aggregious call. I also think there should be restriction on when the challenges can be made in the game. 4th quarter and OT only or with less than 5 minutes in the 4th quarter and all of OT

Yup, good call.  

Shefter had a great suggestion today that eliminates the argument that coaches will start challenging everything under the sun.. if the call or non call stands, instead of losing a timeout the team challenging the call loses 15 yards.

Edited by Gourdeau

44 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Thank God. Can we move on Saints fans?

"A pair of NFL season ticket holders who wanted to see a full or partial rematch between the New Orleans Saints and the Los Angeles Rams were out of luck Thursday after a federal judge said she wouldn’t force the league to implement a rule that could’ve led to a do-over."

What does that lawsuit have to do with anything? Nobody in their right mind ever thought it would come to anything, certainly not the case majority of Saints fans. 

If you want to move on then move on. I think the fans deserve better. 

Edited by rajncajn

If the Rams win this game, there will be an asterisk next to their championship. It will be the equivalent to MLB stars with PED accusations; the accomplishment will be tarnished. Honestly, they have to make it so the Patriots win. 

1 hour ago, Shaft said:

If the Rams win this game, there will be an asterisk next to their championship. It will be the equivalent to MLB stars with PED accusations; the accomplishment will be tarnished. Honestly, they have to make it so the Patriots win. 

See, I don't even agree with that. That Rams won with what was given them. It's not their fault the mistake was made. If the beat the Patriots then they deserve their championship. What the Saints and the fans deserve is accountability from the league and they are doing anything but. 10 days before the commissioner says a word and only does so because he had no choice. So, instead of doing the right thing and apologizing to the Saints and their fans he sets up a sham press conference blatantly lies about speaking with people in the organization and gives vague answers to softball questions. 

1 hour ago, rajncajn said:

See, I don't even agree with that. That Rams won with what was given them. It's not their fault the mistake was made. If the beat the Patriots then they deserve their championship. What the Saints and the fans deserve is accountability from the league and they are doing anything but. 10 days before the commissioner says a word and only does so because he had no choice. So, instead of doing the right thing and apologizing to the Saints and their fans he sets up a sham press conference blatantly lies about speaking with people in the organization and gives vague answers to softball questions. 

Fair enough, but that's how people will view it, that they shouldn't even be there. But you are definitely correct, it's not the Rams fault. 

3 hours ago, Shaft said:

Fair enough, but that's how people will view it, that they shouldn't even be there. But you are definitely correct, it's not the Rams fault. 

Let's hope the Rams hear all the chatter about how they shouldn't be in the Superbowl and use that as a little extra motivation

• Like 1

Anybody remember Brian Stropolo?

This guy basically lost his job and any hope of his dream of being a full time NFL referee all because someone found a couple of old pictures of him on Facebook with Saints gear on. And that was just at the beginning of the season. The NFL really pissed all over this guy for no reason other than optics and the guy wasn't even really a big fan. If that's such a huge issue, why then are 4 SoCal refs allowed to officiate a NFCCC game? The subjective accountability and pure incompetence is just absolutely astounding. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, League_Champion said:

I don't think Goff has it in him to beat Tom Brady in a Superbowl. Nick Foles had to be perfect last year and barely won. I don't see that in Goff.

I think Goff can do it, and Rams have a better defense and a more balanced offense than Eagles. 

1 hour ago, rajncajn said:

Anybody remember Brian Stropolo?

This guy basically lost his job and any hope of his dream of being a full time NFL referee all because someone found a couple of old pictures of him on Facebook with Saints gear on. And that was just at the beginning of the season. The NFL really pissed all over this guy for no reason other than optics and the guy wasn't even really a big fan. If that's such a huge issue, why then are 4 SoCal refs allowed to officiate a NFCCC game? The subjective accountability and pure incompetence is just absolutely astounding. 

You do realize that SoCal's population isn't exactly a bunch of hard core Rams fans?

21 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

You do realize that SoCal's population isn't exactly a bunch of hard core Rams fans?

They nixed a guy's career because someone found a picture of him with a Saints shirt on, but they let 4 SoCal refs judge one of the biggest games if the year. You don't see the issue there?

2 hours ago, Gopher said:

I think we found the root of the problem.  A prerequisite of being a referee is that you can't be a football fan.  :wacko:

You can be a fan, but not a good idea to publicly post pictures wearing the gear of a team whose league you officiate in. 

rajn,

Yes there are issues, the two things you are using are not in the same ballpark IMHO

Opie 

:moon: 

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

You can be a fan, but not a good idea to publicly post pictures wearing the gear of a team whose league you officiate in. 

rajn,

Yes there are issues, the two things you are using are not in the same ballpark IMHO

Did you even read the article? It explained why he was wearing it.