Ramhock

I am tired of the moaning

1 hour ago, rajncajn said:

See, I don't even agree with that. That Rams won with what was given them. It's not their fault the mistake was made. If the beat the Patriots then they deserve their championship. What the Saints and the fans deserve is accountability from the league and they are doing anything but. 10 days before the commissioner says a word and only does so because he had no choice. So, instead of doing the right thing and apologizing to the Saints and their fans he sets up a sham press conference blatantly lies about speaking with people in the organization and gives vague answers to softball questions. 

Fair enough, but that's how people will view it, that they shouldn't even be there. But you are definitely correct, it's not the Rams fault. 

3 hours ago, Shaft said:

Fair enough, but that's how people will view it, that they shouldn't even be there. But you are definitely correct, it's not the Rams fault. 

Let's hope the Rams hear all the chatter about how they shouldn't be in the Superbowl and use that as a little extra motivation

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gourdeau said:

Let's hope the Rams hear all the chatter about how they shouldn't be in the Superbowl and use that as a little extra motivation

You just hate the Patriots more. :lol:

I don't think Goff has it in him to beat Tom Brady in a Superbowl. Nick Foles had to be perfect last year and barely won. I don't see that in Goff.

Anybody remember Brian Stropolo?

This guy basically lost his job and any hope of his dream of being a full time NFL referee all because someone found a couple of old pictures of him on Facebook with Saints gear on. And that was just at the beginning of the season. The NFL really pissed all over this guy for no reason other than optics and the guy wasn't even really a big fan. If that's such a huge issue, why then are 4 SoCal refs allowed to officiate a NFCCC game? The subjective accountability and pure incompetence is just absolutely astounding. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, League_Champion said:

I don't think Goff has it in him to beat Tom Brady in a Superbowl. Nick Foles had to be perfect last year and barely won. I don't see that in Goff.

I think Goff can do it, and Rams have a better defense and a more balanced offense than Eagles. 

1 hour ago, rajncajn said:

Anybody remember Brian Stropolo?

This guy basically lost his job and any hope of his dream of being a full time NFL referee all because someone found a couple of old pictures of him on Facebook with Saints gear on. And that was just at the beginning of the season. The NFL really pissed all over this guy for no reason other than optics and the guy wasn't even really a big fan. If that's such a huge issue, why then are 4 SoCal refs allowed to officiate a NFCCC game? The subjective accountability and pure incompetence is just absolutely astounding. 

You do realize that SoCal's population isn't exactly a bunch of hard core Rams fans?

4 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

I think Goff can do it, and Rams have a better defense and a more balanced offense than Eagles. 

Believe me I'd love nothing more than seeing Brady/Billy B lose 2 Superbowls in a row. But I can't fathom that happening.

21 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

You do realize that SoCal's population isn't exactly a bunch of hard core Rams fans?

They nixed a guy's career because someone found a picture of him with a Saints shirt on, but they let 4 SoCal refs judge one of the biggest games if the year. You don't see the issue there?

12 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

They nixed a guy's career because someone found a picture of him with a Saints shirt on, but they let 4 SoCal refs judge one of the biggest games if the year. You don't see the issue there?

being contrary is very much a fundamental part of steve's soul. If you said the moon was made of rock, he'd say it was made of cheese.

and yes, the NFL is broken. They seem like a 1970s father who cannot admit he was wrong, ever.

I think we found the root of the problem.  A prerequisite of being a referee is that you can't be a football fan.  :wacko:

2 hours ago, Gopher said:

I think we found the root of the problem.  A prerequisite of being a referee is that you can't be a football fan.  :wacko:

You can be a fan, but not a good idea to publicly post pictures wearing the gear of a team whose league you officiate in. 

rajn,

Yes there are issues, the two things you are using are not in the same ballpark IMHO

Opie 

:moon: 

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

You can be a fan, but not a good idea to publicly post pictures wearing the gear of a team whose league you officiate in. 

rajn,

Yes there are issues, the two things you are using are not in the same ballpark IMHO

Did you even read the article? It explained why he was wearing it. 

On 2/1/2019 at 4:56 PM, rajncajn said:

Did you even read the article? It explained why he was wearing it. 

I probably read a bit of it initially, I went back and read it now specifically looking for information on why he was wearing them, and how he is not really a hard core Saints fan. They practically buried it.

My bigger issue now having read the article is the typical league over reaction to public reaction. They wanted to keep him "but this thing is too hot now, stay home, I don't want you near a field". Of course the whole ref lockout and replacement refs was a big black eye for the league. 

The explanation was interesting, and at the time he had no affiliation with being an NFL official, so it should not have really mattered.