Sign in to follow this  
forever in debt to mo lewis

anyone have any good SB ticket purchasing tips?

Recommended Posts

im finally going to do it....its now or never

 

im going solo(cant find anyone else willing to do it and pony up the money)...ive booked my flight...flying in early sunday morning and going out early monday morning...no hotel...just gonna stay up and head out....quick in and out in 24 hours...

 

ive tracked tickets before because i almost went a couple of years ago in houston....i noticed they seemed to dip really nicely during the 2nd week sometime between monday-thursday....then they kind of went back up....ive also heard "3-5 days out" will get you the best deal

 

anybody have any good brokers or know a good way to get a deal on a single ticket?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just read a big article on I think espn about people getting screwed royally on tickets. It's called selling on speculation. Sellers on say stubhub will sell tickets they don't even have yet assuming they'll get some and a lot of times cannot deliver. Let me try and find that. It mentions specific sites to stay away from.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I personally would never buy anywhere other than Stubhub as they are the most reputable in the business and IF something went wrong would stand by their guarantee and refund your money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Gourdeau said:

I personally would never buy anywhere other than Stubhub as they are the most reputable in the business and IF something went wrong would stand by their guarantee and refund your money.

Good advice,

So I was once a long time 49er's season ticket holder. One year, before the tickets were actually in my name, the person that received them lived in an apartment building in Oakland. When the tickets arrived they didn't fit in his mailbox and were left on a counter in front of the mailboxes for anyone to take. And sure enough they were stolen. Luckily we got replacement tickets just before the pre-season started. We show up to the first pre-season game and there are 4 people in my seats, whom I believe were the culprits. I let them know I'd be there for every game and the ushers made them leave. Every game thereafter a different group would show up claiming I was in their seats. I would just tell them to see the usher, the usher would come to me confirm my tickets(they were hand written replacements) and we'd never see that group again. Several times the people would argue that they had purchased the tickets from a ticket broker in the Stockton, CA area. Most had driven at least 100 miles and they were either seated elsewhere or be asked to leave, I don't know. I guess the first folks realized they were never going to be able to use the tickets so they offed them to an unsuspecting out of town regional ticket broker.

So beware. :smash:

Edited by slambo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, slambo said:

a ticket broker in the Stockton, CA area.

 

There's the problem... :smash:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ABearWithFurniture said:

 

There's the problem... :smash:

Yuuuup...the big valley version of Oakland.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just make sure you purchase them from a reputable source. Avoid Craigslist or other online classifieds. Last time I went I did StubHub. Good luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Just make sure you purchase them from a reputable source. Avoid Craigslist or other online classifieds. Last time I went I did StubHub. Good luck.

mind sharing where you sat, how much you paid and how many days out you purchased? you can PM me if youd prefer to keep it private

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

mind sharing where you sat, how much you paid and how many days out you purchased? you can PM me if youd prefer to keep it private

 

This was back in 2005 Jacksonville, Fl. I think we paid $600 each which at the time we thought was a steal. They were decent seats, not great. We literally bought them 2 days before the game and drove down. You will definitely get a better bargain closer to Gameday. Ticket holders will begin to panic and want to unload them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

bought my game ticket on friday...its in hand....im giddy...i dunno if i can wait till sunday lol....im ready to go right now

Don't go now.  Snow is expected in Atlanta, meaning the city will shut down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Big John said:

Don't go now.  Snow is expected in Atlanta, meaning the city will shut down.

 

They did close schools yesterday, but who can blame them when a 1/2" of snow can cripple the city. Guess it stayed a bit warmer and was all rain. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-01-29 at 6:39 PM, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

bought my game ticket on friday...its in hand....im giddy...i dunno if i can wait till sunday lol....im ready to go right now

 

Where did you buy it, where are you sitting and what did you pay if you don't mind sharing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/3/2019 at 7:27 AM, Gourdeau said:

 

Where did you buy it, where are you sitting and what did you pay if you don't mind sharing.

bought it from a "company" called big red out of KC....i sat in sec 101...row 35...paid 3700.....i actually highly reccomend them...everything went very smooth at pickup...i will post some pics soon 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you at least get to sit in the end zone where the touchdown was scored? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

Did you at least get to sit in the end zone where the touchdown was scored? 

both of gostkowskis FGs and the TD were scored in my endzone....i was in seat 5...the gronk catch and michel td along with both ghost FGs(he even hooked them towards me) came right at me...all you have to do is pay attention the the endzone...pats endzone

Edited by forever in debt to mo lewis
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

both of gostkowskis FGs and the TD were scored in my endzone....i was in seat 5...the gronk catch and michel td along with both ghost FGs(he even hooked them towards me) came right at me...all you have to do is pay attention the the endzone...pats endzone

Always fun to go to a game, let alone the Superbowl. But to be so close as to feel like you're part of the action must have been pretty awesome. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow great seats !! I would definitely pay that if Steelers make another one in my lifetime. Problem with me is I have to pay almost double that because of currency exchange.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is a 50% markup pretty common for something like that?  (2250 face value, paid 3700)

 

If the Browns ever make it I'd like to go, would probably not do it by myself, and not sure I'd pay the $4-5 grand it takes for tickets, airfare, hotel etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

Is a 50% markup pretty common for something like that?  (2250 face value, paid 3700)

 

If the Browns ever make it I'd like to go, would probably not do it by myself, and not sure I'd pay the $4-5 grand it takes for tickets, airfare, hotel etc. 

 

Hell, I paid $600 each when I went. Granted they were not the greatest seats in the world but it got me in the building.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.