[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

anyone have any good SB ticket purchasing tips?

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

Hell, I paid $600 each when I went. Granted they were not the greatest seats in the world but it got me in the building.

yup...13 years ago in the nosebleeds....u werent getting into the 300 section for less than 2k sunday......and last years market was much more crazier

it is what it is.....

and steve...you have to remember...there is no primary market...only way youre getting one 1st hand is to buy a crazy package from the nfl that includes a bunch of other tickets to events...and they are much more expensive....trust me...i talked to people around me...and watched the market after i purchased...for where i sat i got a good deal

19 hours ago, rajncajn said:

Always fun to go to a game, let alone the Superbowl. But to be so close as to feel like you're part of the action must have been pretty awesome. 

it was very cool.....as i mentioned the pats scoring all happened in my endzone and even the mccourty/cooks breakup.....it was intense

38 minutes ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

yup...13 years ago in the nosebleeds....u werent getting into the 300 section for less than 2k sunday......and last years market was much more crazier

it is what it is.....

and steve...you have to remember...there is no primary market...only way youre getting one 1st hand is to buy a crazy package from the nfl that includes a bunch of other tickets to events...and they are much more expensive....trust me...i talked to people around me...and watched the market after i purchased...for where i sat i got a good deal

Guess I hadn't thought about there not being a primary market, I thought each team got some tickets to sell to their fans, usually season ticket holders.  I guess this is what happens when they turn a sporting event into a spectacle including the "biggest concert of the year" (according to CBS hype). 

14 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Great pics to. Thanks for sharing. I'm sure the after party was awesome as well. 

funny you should mention "after party"...on plane ride back i sit next to a guy....we start chatting...turns out hes from a town not far from mine.....he tells me his buddy works for the team....now obviously im a bit skeptical but later he would confirm....he says his buddy was alotted one ticket...up in the upper level 300 section..somehow his pal got ahold of a better ticket for free( he did tell me but i forgot)....but said each employee get a plus one to the team after party...and his buddy told him to come down and sold him his upper level ticket for like 2k....and then brought him to the after party....he said he had to leave the party at 3 am and it didnt appear it was going to end anytime very soon but he had to to get ready to catch our flight....he whips out his phone and shows me his "favorite pic from the night"...its him at a table with tom brady sr.!!! i was like "damn man...that is awesome"!!!

i had to edit because i forgot to mention his hat was also signed by josh mcdaniels

Edited by forever in debt to mo lewis

13 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Guess I hadn't thought about there not being a primary market, I thought each team got some tickets to sell to their fans, usually season ticket holders.  I guess this is what happens when they turn a sporting event into a spectacle including the "biggest concert of the year" (according to CBS hype). 

steve...i know the patriots have a "lottery" for season ticket holders...they are given tickets but only a limited amount and its a lottery system for only the season ticket holders....ive had season tickets since the early 90s and have not won once lol....id imagine thats how most teams run it...im sure some guys win it and decide to sell...but im guessing you arent gettng what they paid for it unless its a close personal friend

1 hour ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

funny you should mention "after party"...on plane ride back i sit next to a guy....we start chatting...turns out hes from a town not far from mine.....he tells me his buddy works for the team....now obviously im a bit skeptical but later he would confirm....he says his buddy was alotted one ticket...up in the upper level 300 section..somehow his pal got ahold of a better ticket for free( he did tell me but i forgot)....but said each employee get a plus one to the team after party...and his buddy told him to come down and sold him his upper level ticket for like 2k....and then brought him to the after party....he said he had to leave the party at 3 am and it didnt appear it was going to end anytime very soon but he had to to get ready to catch our flight....he whips out his phone and shows me his "favorite pic from the night"...its him at a table with tom brady sr.!!! i was like "damn man...that is awesome"!!!

i had to edit because i forgot to mention his hat was also signed by josh mcdaniels

Haha, that's awesome! You needed to meet that guy on the ride up there. 

6 hours ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

steve...i know the patriots have a "lottery" for season ticket holders...they are given tickets but only a limited amount and its a lottery system for only the season ticket holders....ive had season tickets since the early 90s and have not won once lol....id imagine thats how most teams run it...im sure some guys win it and decide to sell...but im guessing you arent gettng what they paid for it unless its a close personal friend

Wow and with all the Super Bowls the Pats have been to not one time getting the luck of the draw. I see why you had to go secondary market.