[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who's not watching the Superbowl?

rajncajn

It's not just the Who Dat Nation that doesn't care about this year's Super Bowl

Poll shows game lost a quarter of its most ardent fans

I don't think a single Saints fan I know, including those online plan to watch the game. In fact, most bars say they plan on playing the 2009 Superbowl instead and in typical New Orleans style, they are throwing a huge "Boycott Bowl" bash which has already sold out. 

1 hour ago, rajncajn said:

It's not just the Who Dat Nation that doesn't care about this year's Super Bowl

I don't think a single Saints fan I know, including those online plan to watch the game. In fact, most bars say they plan on playing the 2009 Superbowl instead and in typical New Orleans style, they are throwing a huge "Boycott Bowl" bash which has already sold out. 

Saints fans will yet again be pissed off by what they see on TV.

Date: February 1, 2009

Super Bowl XLIII

The Steelers defeated the Cardinals by the score of 27–23.

11 minutes ago, Riffraff said:

Saints fans will yet again be pissed off by what they see on TV.

Date: February 1, 2009

Super Bowl XLIII

The Steelers defeated the Cardinals by the score of 27–23.

Lol, you know what I meant

58 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

:lol:

Saints fans are acting like they're the only team to get screwed by bad officiating.  You aren't that special, other teams have had it just as bad or worse.

I'd love to see this debate. Name a call/no-call that was just as bad or worse that kept a team out of the Superbowl. 

Not a Superbowl at stake and just a few weeks ago... but did help the Saints gain home field advantage for the play-offs and helped eliminate the Steelers from the play-offs:

Can't spell Kamara without karma or something like that. Kamara would have needed to be 15 feet tall for it to be catchable, let alone the incidental contact.

Edited by Riffraff

I'll be watching just like I have since the 1st one.

I am a fan of football no matter how corrupt it may be.

Once the game starts I will find out where all the

money is being bet and then I will know that the

other team will win.

1 hour ago, Riffraff said:

Not a Superbowl at stake and just a few weeks ago... but did help the Saints gain home field advantage for the play-offs and helped eliminate the Steelers from the play-offs:

Can't spell Kamara without karma or something like that. Kamara would have needed to be 15 feet tall for it to be catchable, let alone the incidental contact.

Wow, not even close to the same. 1st quarter of the game and it appeared that he'd held Kamara from jumping for the ball. I thought it was pass interference in real time. It wasn't, but it's certainly understandable how that would get mistakenly called. 

1 hour ago, Bonedaddies said:

September 9th, opening day against the Redskins.  Terrible holding call in the first quarter, not only cost us the game, but turned the entire season around for the Cardinals.  What should have been a Superbowl run ended up a 3 win season......

:lol: I feel your pain. 

• Like 1

I'll probably be skipping it cause I'm in Colombia.  Hanging out alone in a bar on a Sunday night doesn't sound like much fun.  But I couldn't imagine not watching the NFL because a bad call was made against my team.  If a Lombardi Trophy were given out for whining, Saints fans would definitely win it.

I'll watch it as I always do. But as someone that loves football and is always interested in the health of the game and it's popularity, the Conference Championships could not have gone any worse. A Saints-Chiefs matchup would have been highly anticipated and a dream to watch. Now the Rams got in under the worst of circumstances (nothing against the Rams who deserve it and are still interesting). And the Pats win in overtime is just sort of a tired thing to most fans that they don't care to see.  Weird year - first time in 5 years any visitor won in the Conference Round let alone both. And the first time ever both games were in overtime.

It is a shame to the NFL for it to have come down as it did. I understand the Saints stance completely. We almost had what could have been a really exciting, high-point Super Bowl. Any Super Bowl is fun to watch, but there is a shadow on this one and from what I have gathered, a lower viewership and sense of anticipation about it. 

1 hour ago, buddahj said:

I don't really have any interest in this match up. 

I like the match up.  The 4 best teams made the conference finals and any combination of those 4 teams would have made a good Super Bowl in my opinion.  The Rams are fun to watch on both sides of the ball.  The Patriots are legendary.  I might root against the Patriots but I don't begrudge them being in the Super Bowl or get tired of watching them.  

4 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

I'll probably be skipping it cause I'm in Colombia.  Hanging out alone in a bar on a Sunday night doesn't sound like much fun.  But I couldn't imagine not watching the NFL because a bad call was made against my team.  If a Lombardi Trophy were given out for whining, Saints fans would definitely win it.

Yeah, whatever. Every fan base has their beer to cry in from time to time.

Regardless of the situation with the Saints, this has to be one of the most ho-hum matchups possible. It's Brady and the Patriots, yet again and nobody loves a team that gets taken away from their city, much less one from LA. Pretty much any other option would have better. Brees vs Brady, the two greatest in the game today trying to close out their careers with a championship. Brees vs Mahommes, the old gaurd vs the new kid on the block, MVP vs MVP. I could even see watching Rams vs KC with both up and coming young teams. Regardless of what happened with the Saints, I just really have no interest at all and the league's attitude towards us has really only turned me off more. 

Edited by rajncajn

3 minutes ago, michaelredd9 said:

I like the match up.  The 4 best teams made the conference finals and any combination of those 4 teams would have made a good Super Bowl in my opinion.  The Rams are fun to watch on both sides of the ball.  The Patriots are legendary.  I might root against the Patriots but I don't begrudge them being in the Super Bowl or get tired of watching them.  

I used to hate the Pats as well. It's since turned to respect with a tinge of jealousy. I don't know how you can't respect what they've done with Brady. 9 Superbowl appearances is unfathomable. Enjoy the show and realize you'll never see this domination again.

11 minutes ago, michaelredd9 said:

I might root against the Patriots but I don't begrudge them being in the Super Bowl or get tired of watching them. 

I don't begrudge either team for being there, both certainly deserve to be there. I've just completely lost interest. A lot of it does have to do with the way my team lost, but not all. 

2 hours ago, rajncajn said:

Yeah, whatever. Every fan base has their beer to cry in from time to time.

Regardless of the situation with the Saints, this has to be one of the most ho-hum matchups possible. It's Brady and the Patriots, yet again and nobody loves a team that gets taken away from their city, much less one from LA. Pretty much any other option would have better. Brees vs Brady, the two greatest in the game today trying to close out their careers with a championship. Brees vs Mahommes, the old gaurd vs the new kid on the block, MVP vs MVP. I could even see watching Rams vs KC with both up and coming young teams. Regardless of what happened with the Saints, I just really have no interest at all and the league's attitude towards us has really only turned me off more. 

I agree with you this is the least compelling matchup out of any combination of the last 4 teams. 

Edited by purplemonster

I agree with a lot of posters here, this game has a shadow over it. I will watch a few plays or catch the score updates mainly because the wife is a fair weather superbowl fan. But after watching first hand one of the worst calls in modern day sports history, I just don't have the rush or excitement I had in the past for this game tonight.