[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who's not watching the Superbowl?

rajncajn

1 hour ago, Shaft said:

I agree with a lot of posters here, this game has a shadow over it. I will watch a few plays or catch the score updates mainly because the wife is a fair weather superbowl fan. But after watching first hand one of the worst calls in modern day sports history, I just don't have the rush or excitement I had in the past for this game tonight.

Agree. I'm usually excited no matter who is playing. I just don't feel it this year. Perhaps that's a sign and it will be the greatest Superbowl ever?? Wishful thinking. 

You Saint fans need to go back and watch the OT drive of yours in the 09 championship game.   There were 3 booth reviewed calls that the refs still got wrong, plus a horrible PI call against the Vikings. All of these kept the drive alive to get the Saints in for a field goal to win and go to the super bowl. I for one don’t feel bad for you

Edited by Finn5033

41 minutes ago, gilthorp said:

Time to stop crying and move on.

I have moved on. Moved on from this season, moved on from the Superbowl and moved on from expecting the NFL to respect their fans or even care about fairness and accountability. Looking forward to the draft and hopefully making it right for 2020. 

Edited by rajncajn

3 minutes ago, Finn5033 said:

You Saint fans need to go back and watch the OT drive of yours in the 09 championship game.   There were 3 booth reviewed calls that the refs still got wrong, plus a horrible PI call against the Vikings. All of these kept the drive alive to get the Saints in for a field goal to win and go to the super bowl. I for one don’t feel bad for you

Not asking anyone to feel sorry for us. Just saying we should all expect better from the NFL. 

9 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

Not asking anyone to feel sorry for us. Just saying we should all expect better from the NFL. 

I feel bad for the Saints. They got screwed royally. But it's over and there's nothing we can do about it except move on. Every team can go back and point to a specific call that may or may not have cost them a game. 

On 2019-02-02 at 3:08 PM, Riffraff said:

Not a Superbowl at stake and just a few weeks ago... but did help the Saints gain home field advantage for the play-offs and helped eliminate the Steelers from the play-offs:

Can't spell Kamara without karma or something like that. Kamara would have needed to be 15 feet tall for it to be catchable, let alone the incidental contact.

Not even close to the same. There is no comparison to what happened in New Orleans. Can point to all the errors you want. There has never been such an obvious no call with those circumstances. A no call on not 1 but 2 personal fouls. 

19 hours ago, gilthorp said:

Time to stop crying and move on.

Exactly. The more you guys cry, the happier I am that it didn't get called at this point .

On 2/2/2019 at 3:08 PM, skylive5 said:

I'll be watching just like I have since the 1st one.

I am a fan of football no matter how corrupt it may be.

Once the game starts I will find out where all the

money is being bet and then I will know that the

other team will win.

Wait, more money was bet on the Rams?  With the slim spread (was hearing 3 points). 

I'll always watch, I don't follow a sport for 4-5 months, watching 6-8 games or more each week, to skip the championship game. Even Dallas-Pitt two teams I really dislike I still watched. 

I do understand Saints fans being pissed, I'd be pissed too, and I may even skip the game. 

Oh you know who else isn't watching, about 2/3 of the US population, believe it or not even a highly watched game has a couple hundred million not watching.