michaelredd9

AAF game thread

One cool thing they are doing is having a "Sky Judge".  The Sky Judge is a 9th referee up in the booth.  He quickly reviews every play.  If it works well, I'm sure the NFL will copy it.

we can only hope

It's come to this.  Rock bottom.  If you're watching, here's your new fantasy team name:  Martz's Moobs

I liked the first half of the SD vs SA game. My wife wanted to watch something else, but I thought it was good. I went looking for future games to watch and it appears they're all on TNT or NFLN... I don't have cable.

2 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

I liked the first half of the SD vs SA game. My wife wanted to watch something else, but I thought it was good. I went looking for future games to watch and it appears they're all on TNT or NFLN... I don't have cable.

Really? Thought they were all CBS.  Hey, there has been more offense than in the entire superbowl.  Beats watching Mexican soccer...un poco.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CowboysDiehard said:

Really? Thought they were all CBS.  Hey, there has been more offense than in the entire superbowl.  Beats watching Mexican soccer...un poco.

NFLN and the CBS Sports Network on cable.  Along with TNT and B/R (whatever that is.)

Edited by Big John

1 minute ago, Big John said:

NFLN and the CBS Sports Network on cable.

Well if ever there was a reason to step up to the dish or the wire...this is it, baby!

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, CowboysDiehard said:

Well if ever there was a reason to step up to the dish or the wire...this is it, baby!

:lol: no

• Haha 1

Got you hooked with one free game OTA, now you'll have to go to a bar to watch. I want to see the bartender's reaction when you tell them to put on the football game, the AAF game.

I guess the ratings were pretty good but with the rest of the games on cable they'll go down.

I tried watching but couldn't hang in there. I didn't think the product was all that great. Perhaps it will grow on me in time but for now it's just ehhhh. 

29 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I tried watching but couldn't hang in there. I didn't think the product was all that great. Perhaps it will grow on me in time but for now it's just ehhhh. 

i liked it! but not enough to pay for it. Nor will I go to a bar because I no longer do that, mostly because I spend all my money on my family and can't drop $20 at the bar just to watch a game.

37 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

i liked it! but not enough to pay for it. Nor will I go to a bar because I no longer do that, mostly because I spend all my money on my family and can't drop $20 at the bar just to watch a game.

I had no idea they want you to pay for it. That's ridiculous. 

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I had no idea they want you to pay for it. That's ridiculous. 

it's not that you have to pay for it specifically, but you need cable TV and pay for the packages that it's shown on. NFLN, CBS Sports (not sure how that's different than CBS, but it is), and TNT all require paid subscriptions. I haven't had cable/satellite TV in years and won't pay for it.

6 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

it's not that you have to pay for it specifically, but you need cable TV and pay for the packages that it's shown on. NFLN, CBS Sports (not sure how that's different than CBS, but it is), and TNT all require paid subscriptions. I haven't had cable/satellite TV in years and won't pay for it.

I don't blame you one bit.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Cynthia Frelund? :thinking:

53 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Ohh you didn't tell me she was there! What time is it on again? 

She was there at halftime, man! :pickle:

Kinda-sorta watched the evening game.  Turned into a "have it on in the background" sort of thing after a few drives.  Not too excited about it, but if there's absolutely nothing on (read: no basketball), I'll turn it on.

Sorry for him?  $20M is way over priced.  Maybe $20M over 5 years but that even seems high at this point.