michaelredd9

AAF game thread

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Colin Kaepernick wanted $20 million or more to consider playing in new AAF league

 

What? Why should we feel sorry for him again?

 

LA times story

 

Says that AAF players make $225,000 over 3 years, or $75K/year. I'd say $20M/year is steep, even $20M/5yr
 

For comparison some non elite QBs at various points in their NFL career 

Mahomes 2017 4 year $16M deal, included $10M signing bonus

Tyrod Taylor 2017 2 year $30M 

Derek Carr 2017 5yr/$125M - clearly overpaid based on recent production 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

 

LA times story

 

Says that AAF players make $225,000 over 3 years, or $75K/year. I'd say $20M/year is steep, even $20M/5yr
 

For comparison some non elite QBs at various points in their NFL career 

Mahomes 2017 4 year $16M deal, included $10M signing bonus

Tyrod Taylor 2017 2 year $30M 

Derek Carr 2017 5yr/$125M - clearly overpaid based on recent production 

 

But they knew if they got Kaepernick onboard the ratings and publicity would be worth 10 fold. Could you imagine the hoopla? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doug Gottlieb and one of my favorite local newspaper guys, Bill Plaschke, were talking about this as they were guest hosting the Dan Patrick Show this morning.  

 

One huge thing people continue to fail to mention/recognize is the fact that Kaepernick's girlfriend got him to convert to being vegan.  He was already a pretty slender guy and reportedly lost a lot of muscle mass due to the new diet.  For a "mobile QB" this is not good.  Add in alllllll of the other factors and I'm not surprised he hasn't been signed by an NFL team.

 

He wants to start, and wants starter money.  He's freakin' off his rocker.  Great that he's raising social awareness, but from the football side of things, he's crazy.  I doubt he'll ever play again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, darin3 said:

Doug Gottlieb and one of my favorite local newspaper guys, Bill Plaschke, were talking about this as they were guest hosting the Dan Patrick Show this morning.  

 

One huge thing people continue to fail to mention/recognize is the fact that Kaepernick's girlfriend got him to convert to being vegan.  He was already a pretty slender guy and reportedly lost a lot of muscle mass due to the new diet.  For a "mobile QB" this is not good.  Add in alllllll of the other factors and I'm not surprised he hasn't been signed by an NFL team.

 

He wants to start, and wants starter money.  He's freakin' off his rocker.  Great that he's raising social awareness, but from the football side of things, he's crazy.  I doubt he'll ever play again.

 

Good stuff Darin. He was never that good to begin with. To think after 3 years he could step onto an NFL field and have success is insane. He made his own bed. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well he just got a nice settlement from the NFL so maybe he can walk off into the sunset and return to being irrelevant. (Would help if fans stop talking about him, stop reading stories about him, etc.) Eventually when nobody cares the media will stop talking about it. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Well he just got a nice settlement from the NFL so maybe he can walk off into the sunset and return to being irrelevant. (Would help if fans stop talking about him, stop reading stories about him, etc.) Eventually when nobody cares the media will stop talking about it. 

 

He won't. The Snowflake Libs always need a victim to hitch the wagon to. This settlement is only the beginning. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, League_Champion said:

 

He won't. The Snowflake Libs always need a victim to hitch the wagon to. This settlement is only the beginning. 

Kaepernick still pops up on my social media feed frequently. It never is and never was a lib doing it.  The current president and his base made a huge issue out of Kaep and the kneeling thing.  Most libs I know simply didn't care that much about it. I agree that the issue may not go away because snowflakes get offended by largely irrelevant actions.  You're just incredibly confused about who is manufacturing the outrage and who the snowflakes are.

Edited by Bobby Brown
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bobby Brown said:

Kaepernick still pops up on my social media feed frequently. It never is and never was a lib doing it.  The current president and his base made a huge issue out of Kaep and the kneeling thing.  Most libs I know simply didn't care that much about it. I agree that the issue may not go away because snowflakes get offended by largely irrelevant actions.  You're just incredibly confused about who is manufacturing the outrage and who the snowflakes are.

 

With all due respect Sir it is a snowflake thing. Because you know as well as I do that there's not to see here. Yet the Lib media insists it's a racial issue. When we all know it a bad for business issue and has nothing to do with race. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, League_Champion said:

 

With all due respect Sir it is a snowflake thing.

Yes, it is most definitely a snowflake thing.  And outlets/blowhards like Fox News, Bright Bart, and Tomi Lahren continue to drum up the massive Colin Kaepernick butthurt to manipulate their viewing base.  Right wingers literally get worked up about his socks.  As noted, you are very confused, as none of the aforementioned news causing this fake outrage is from the “Lib” media. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bobby Brown said:

Yes, it is most definitely a snowflake thing.  And outlets/blowhards like Fox News, Bright Bart, and Tomi Lahren continue to drum up the massive Colin Kaepernick butthurt to manipulate their viewing base.  Right wingers literally get worked up about his socks.  As noted, you are very confused, as none of the aforementioned news causing this fake outrage is from the “Lib” media. :)

 

Everyone is confused! What happened to common sense?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The San Diego Fleet QB made the best/worst pass i've ever seen in football.  I gotta find the video for y'all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/15/2019 at 6:21 AM, League_Champion said:

Colin Kaepernick wanted $20 million or more to consider playing in new AAF league

 

What? Why should we feel sorry for him again?

The same Kap who opted out of close to $20M in SFO in hopes of hitting it big.  His settlement was not disclosed, but rumored to be between the $60-80M range.  He will never pay another snap in the NFL, but guess he got the last laugh.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Shorttynaz said:

The same Kap who opted out of close to $20M in SFO in hopes of hitting it big.  His settlement was not disclosed, but rumored to be between the $60-80M range.  He will never pay another snap in the NFL, but guess he got the last laugh.. 

 

They just paid him to go away. Which is exactly what he wanted all along.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Shorttynaz said:

The same Kap who opted out of close to $20M in SFO in hopes of hitting it big.  His settlement was not disclosed, but rumored to be between the $60-80M range.  He will never pay another snap in the NFL, but guess he got the last laugh.. 

 

Not sure why anybody is believing those rumored amounts, I guess absent any facts that what happens. Some think he could have earned $12-15M and played for another 4-5 years or more, so that's how they got it. 

 

Also while it is true that he opted out of a contract with SF, they were going to release him if he didn't do that. Still would have looked better now if he let them release (in essence fire him by terminating his contract). 

 

Not sure how much he is laughing, a settlement doesn't make either side the winner. He and his fans may consider it a win, pretty sure the NFL considers it being done a win as well (or they don't settle). 

 

Now maybe in a season or two he'll just be another former player and not some lightning rod for debate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/18/2019 at 10:27 PM, kdko said:

Phillip Nelson.  He was a QB for the Golden Gophers at one time.  He transferred to Rutgers.  Then was dismissed from there after he got in a fight and the guy he kicked developed brain damage.  However,he'd just been sucker punched by that guy.  Kind of a weird deal.  It actually looks to me the guy developed more injury from the punch and fall then he did from Nelson's kick.   

 

 

I am only sharing because this is a deal we have all been involved in likely.  Stupid bar fights can change your life. 

 

Edited by purplemonster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, purplemonster said:

Phillip Nelson.  He was a QB for the Golden Gophers at one time.  He transferred to Rutgers.  Then was dismissed from there after he got in a fight and the guy he kicked developed brain damage.  However,he'd just been sucker punched by that guy.  Kind of a weird deal.  It actually looks to me the guy developed more injury from the punch and fall then he did from Nelson's kick.   

 

 

I am only sharing because this is a deal we have all been involved in likely.  Stupid bar fights can change your life. 

 

 

Caution: Sucker punching someone may lead to brain damage.

 

I actually remember that. I agree, the head to the ground did him in. He was probably unconscious prior to the kick. Did he ever get charged for anything? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, League_Champion said:

 

Caution: Sucker punching someone may lead to brain damage.

 

I actually remember that. I agree, the head to the ground did him in. He was probably unconscious prior to the kick. Did he ever get charged for anything? 

 

Very minimal, like a few days in jail and community service for a 5th degree misdemeanor.  His friend who took the big swing got a much stiffer sentence.  Which seems appropriate, at least in relative terms.  However, the guy who punched Nelson took a full swing right into the side of his face when he wasn't looking.   That was extremely dangerous and frankly I think if you don't want to get blind sided by a punch then don't do it to someone else first.  Either way, an unfortunate event for everyone involved.  I always had a fear when I was younger that some stupid S like this would happen to me. 

Edited by purplemonster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.