[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

AAF game thread

michaelredd9

3 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Well he just got a nice settlement from the NFL so maybe he can walk off into the sunset and return to being irrelevant. (Would help if fans stop talking about him, stop reading stories about him, etc.) Eventually when nobody cares the media will stop talking about it. 

He won't. The Snowflake Libs always need a victim to hitch the wagon to. This settlement is only the beginning. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, League_Champion said:

He won't. The Snowflake Libs always need a victim to hitch the wagon to. This settlement is only the beginning. 

Kaepernick still pops up on my social media feed frequently. It never is and never was a lib doing it.  The current president and his base made a huge issue out of Kaep and the kneeling thing.  Most libs I know simply didn't care that much about it. I agree that the issue may not go away because snowflakes get offended by largely irrelevant actions.  You're just incredibly confused about who is manufacturing the outrage and who the snowflakes are.

Edited by Bobby Brown
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Bobby Brown said:

Kaepernick still pops up on my social media feed frequently. It never is and never was a lib doing it.  The current president and his base made a huge issue out of Kaep and the kneeling thing.  Most libs I know simply didn't care that much about it. I agree that the issue may not go away because snowflakes get offended by largely irrelevant actions.  You're just incredibly confused about who is manufacturing the outrage and who the snowflakes are.

With all due respect Sir it is a snowflake thing. Because you know as well as I do that there's not to see here. Yet the Lib media insists it's a racial issue. When we all know it a bad for business issue and has nothing to do with race. 

2 hours ago, League_Champion said:

With all due respect Sir it is a snowflake thing.

Yes, it is most definitely a snowflake thing.  And outlets/blowhards like Fox News, Bright Bart, and Tomi Lahren continue to drum up the massive Colin Kaepernick butthurt to manipulate their viewing base.  Right wingers literally get worked up about his socks.  As noted, you are very confused, as none of the aforementioned news causing this fake outrage is from the “Lib” media. :)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bobby Brown said:

Yes, it is most definitely a snowflake thing.  And outlets/blowhards like Fox News, Bright Bart, and Tomi Lahren continue to drum up the massive Colin Kaepernick butthurt to manipulate their viewing base.  Right wingers literally get worked up about his socks.  As noted, you are very confused, as none of the aforementioned news causing this fake outrage is from the “Lib” media. :)

Everyone is confused! What happened to common sense?

On 2/15/2019 at 6:21 AM, League_Champion said:

Colin Kaepernick wanted $20 million or more to consider playing in new AAF league

What? Why should we feel sorry for him again?

The same Kap who opted out of close to $20M in SFO in hopes of hitting it big.  His settlement was not disclosed, but rumored to be between the $60-80M range.  He will never pay another snap in the NFL, but guess he got the last laugh.. 

5 hours ago, Shorttynaz said:

The same Kap who opted out of close to $20M in SFO in hopes of hitting it big.  His settlement was not disclosed, but rumored to be between the $60-80M range.  He will never pay another snap in the NFL, but guess he got the last laugh.. 

They just paid him to go away. Which is exactly what he wanted all along.

12 hours ago, Shorttynaz said:

Not sure why anybody is believing those rumored amounts, I guess absent any facts that what happens. Some think he could have earned $12-15M and played for another 4-5 years or more, so that's how they got it. 

Also while it is true that he opted out of a contract with SF, they were going to release him if he didn't do that. Still would have looked better now if he let them release (in essence fire him by terminating his contract). 

Not sure how much he is laughing, a settlement doesn't make either side the winner. He and his fans may consider it a win, pretty sure the NFL considers it being done a win as well (or they don't settle). 

Now maybe in a season or two he'll just be another former player and not some lightning rod for debate. 

On 2/18/2019 at 10:27 PM, kdko said:

Phillip Nelson.  He was a QB for the Golden Gophers at one time.  He transferred to Rutgers.  Then was dismissed from there after he got in a fight and the guy he kicked developed brain damage.  However,he'd just been sucker punched by that guy.  Kind of a weird deal.  It actually looks to me the guy developed more injury from the punch and fall then he did from Nelson's kick.   

I am only sharing because this is a deal we have all been involved in likely.  Stupid bar fights can change your life. 

Edited by purplemonster

3 hours ago, purplemonster said:

Phillip Nelson.  He was a QB for the Golden Gophers at one time.  He transferred to Rutgers.  Then was dismissed from there after he got in a fight and the guy he kicked developed brain damage.  However,he'd just been sucker punched by that guy.  Kind of a weird deal.  It actually looks to me the guy developed more injury from the punch and fall then he did from Nelson's kick.   

I am only sharing because this is a deal we have all been involved in likely.  Stupid bar fights can change your life. 

Caution: Sucker punching someone may lead to brain damage.

I actually remember that. I agree, the head to the ground did him in. He was probably unconscious prior to the kick. Did he ever get charged for anything? 

2 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Caution: Sucker punching someone may lead to brain damage.

I actually remember that. I agree, the head to the ground did him in. He was probably unconscious prior to the kick. Did he ever get charged for anything? 

Very minimal, like a few days in jail and community service for a 5th degree misdemeanor.  His friend who took the big swing got a much stiffer sentence.  Which seems appropriate, at least in relative terms.  However, the guy who punched Nelson took a full swing right into the side of his face when he wasn't looking.   That was extremely dangerous and frankly I think if you don't want to get blind sided by a punch then don't do it to someone else first.  Either way, an unfortunate event for everyone involved.  I always had a fear when I was younger that some stupid S like this would happen to me. 

Edited by purplemonster