[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Browns sign Hunt

millworkguy

There's no certainty what is going to happen with Hunt. Maybe if Hunt gets reinstated for next year, they trade away Chubb? Does seem like overkill.

52 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

For one thing, it's possible that skank deserved it. I don't know, but from the limited info I read, she was trespassing and being racist.

He ain't Ray Rice.  Ray Rice literally knocked his woman out cold.  I've been in similar situations trying to speak reason to drunk and rude people.  It's a difficult situation.  I didn't see anything in the video that was that bad.  He is young.  He has had multiple encounters with drama.  My guess is that he figures out it isn't worth it trying to resolve other people's problems.  I bet he has no more tmz-worthy situations again.  It's a good signing by the Browns.  The Chiefs probably should have stuck by him but that really isn't possible in today's climate.

Edited by michaelredd9
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, michaelredd9 said:

A prolific offense can support 2 fantasy backs.  But not 3.  Duke Johnson is very tradeable being due $2.3 million in 2019, $4.1 million in 2020, and $5.15 million in 2021.  The Browns might already have a deal in place.

so who will back up Chubb while Hunt serves whatever length suspension? Might be considerable.  

• Like 1

Just now, Dcat said:

so who will back up Chubb while Hunt serves whatever length suspension? Might be considerable.  

I hadn't thought about that.  But it'll probably be a 4 game suspension?  And the Browns have so much cap space that they might have signed both Carlos Hyde and Duke Johnson knowing that they would trade them.  Sign them, give them a signing bonus, trade them with their low salary, and pick up a mid-round pick.  A few million dollars in cap space for a draft pick isn't much for a team with beaucoup cap space.  This is the team that traded for Brock Osweiler's $16 million contract for a 2nd round pick.

Kind of bizarre to me when they already have a clear #1 elite or near elite RB in Chubb.  I mean, good for the Browns.  This makes Chubb's value really hard to estimate however.  And we have a suspension of unknown length looming.  Anyone have an idea when they might rule on it?  

Edited by purplemonster

1 hour ago, LordOpie said:

but there are way bigger POS in the league that have premier jobs and no one says anything about them. Why? Why is Hunt the posterboy when he's no where near the worst?

For one thing, it's possible that skank deserved it. I don't know, but from the limited info I read, she was trespassing and being racist. *IF* that's true and it was a guy instead, everyone would've said Hunt was in the right. I'm not saying he is right, but the world is NOT B&W, it's gray. And what he did in all three *supposed* events are no where near as bad as some other guys. In one event, the "victim" didn't press charges and almost refused to speak with the police.

I hate racists just as much as anybody, but nothing justifies hitting a woman, sorry.  He was right outside of his own hotel room and could have just cooly walked back inside.  He didn't need to engage her at all, that was idiotic on his part.  He's just as much responsible for his actions, as she is for hers.  And there's lots of POS' in the league, agreed.  Do you want them playing for your team though? I don't.  What makes his case worse is that he was caught on camera doing it, and it's all over the internet and will persist on forever.  Just like Ray Rice's.

1 minute ago, michaelredd9 said:

He ain't Ray Rice.  Ray Rice literally knocked his woman out cold.  I've been in similar situations trying to speak reason to drunk and rude people.  It's a difficult situation.  I didn't see anything in the video that was that bad.  He is young.  He has had multiple encounters with drama.  My guess is that he figures out it isn't worth it trying to resolve other people's problems.  I bet he has no more tmz-worthy situations again.  It's a good signing by the Browns.  The Chiefs probably should have stuck by him but that really isn't possible in today's climate.

The problem at the chiefs was not as much the event itself as it was Hunt sitting in a conference room with Andy Reid, Brett Veach (and probably Mark Donovan and maybe even the CEO also named Hunt) and, with a straight face, lying through his teeth right to their faces.  

He had to be released.  

No way he gets only 4 games.  3 different incidents being looked into.  Absolute minimum is 6.  If he doesn't at least match Zeke after that POS case last year, than the NFL is showing their abuse policy is a steaming pile of manure (like we all think it is) and they should be (the really bad word)ing crucified for it.   

• Thanks 1

• DMD locked this topic