[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Browns sign Hunt

millworkguy

Doubt they trade Duke before knowing about Hunt's suspension, and I doubt that is anything less than 6-8 games.

Agree with Opie that his actions were not that bad, certainly not Ray Rice bad, the punch was more of a shove and the kick looked like a "get a way from me" gesture and not something violent. 

The reason the Chiefs let him go, he lied to them, and made them look bad once the video game out. Not the violence in the video (which some are making out to be some serious beating). 

The whole thing is really confusing because the Browns did not need an upgrade at RB, now they've got more talent than they can use with a muddy situation. Just seemed unnecessary now causes a lot of the wrong kind of attention for the club trying to overcome being a steaming pile. I sure hope Dorsey knows what he is doing. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LordOpie said:

as long as rapist Ben and child-abuser AP are in the league and being praised, then no one should say a word about Hunt.

which makes KC look really stupid and immoral. They're "ok" with potentially violent actions, but don't you dare lie to them!

I wouldn't say unnecessary... if your team has a chance to get a really good player for cheap at a position they already have a good player, you still do it. You improve your team... unless the starter is capable and durable enough to handle 100% of the snaps.

Yeah, why not? They signed him for next to nothing. It was a no brainer. I'm shocked he didn't get better offers. 

6 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Doubt they trade Duke before knowing about Hunt's suspension, and I doubt that is anything less than 6-8 games.

Agree with Opie that his actions were not that bad, certainly not Ray Rice bad, the punch was more of a shove and the kick looked like a "get a way from me" gesture and not something violent. 

The reason the Chiefs let him go, he lied to them, and made them look bad once the video game out. Not the violence in the video (which some are making out to be some serious beating). 

The whole thing is really confusing because the Browns did not need an upgrade at RB, now they've got more talent than they can use with a muddy situation. Just seemed unnecessary now causes a lot of the wrong kind of attention for the club trying to overcome being a steaming pile. I sure hope Dorsey knows what he is doing. 

It's a fairly underpaid backfield. I could see them keeping all three. Why not? 

2 hours ago, League_Champion said:

It's a fairly underpaid backfield. I could see them keeping all three. Why not? 

Because I could see it being a distraction , and the browns have other needs, heck they could flip hunt, it's only a 1 yr deal

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, millworkguy said:

Because I could see it being a distraction , and the browns have other needs, heck they could flip hunt, it's only a 1 yr deal

He probably won't be available to week 6 anyhow. The trade deadline is week 8. Not much time to be a distraction or gauge his value. If they are out of it by week 8 I could see the Browns at least trying to flip him. But I think they'll be in the playoff hunt all year.

8 hours ago, LordOpie said:

as long as rapist Ben and child-abuser AP are in the league and being praised, then no one should say a word about Hunt.

C'mon man, that's pretty weak.  All 3 are POS.  Obviously rape, and child abuse are worse, but that doesn't mean you can't criticize Hunt's actions because they're still in the league too.  All 3 should be out.

16 hours ago, millworkguy said:

Some body somewhere (forget where I read it) said they might flip Chubb and keep Hunt. 

Hmm, forgot the trade deadline is so soon, he may not even be on the field before then. Still I could see Duke traded at the deadline if Hunt is ready. 

6 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Some body somewhere (forget where I read it) said they might flip Chubb and keep Hunt. 

Hmm, forgot the trade deadline is so soon, he may not even be on the field before then. Still I could see Duke traded at the deadline if Hunt is ready. 

That's a good problem to have if your Cleveland. The only problem is that Hunt may or may not be back by the trade deadline and he's on a 1 year deal. For that reason I can't see them trading Duke. There's no reason to, his contract is very reasonable. 

22 hours ago, kdko said:

that doesn't mean you can't criticize Hunt's actions

I'm a feminist.  I'm proud to be feminist.  But when I watch the video, it looks like the woman is the instigator.  At first, Kareem looks like he is trying to diffuse a situation.  The woman keeps coming at him.  She hits or slaps him in the face.  Kareem does do a couple of aggressive shoves.  My guess is that she was saying some pretty rude stuff in addition to coming at him.  Men are usually the aggressors but sometimes women can be just as crazy.  Or even crazier.  I think this is one of those instances.

• Like 2

The problem now, is hunt's credibility,  he already said he didn't do, what we have all seen him do.  She gets to stand up and say whatever she wants to, and hunt has to deal with the fact he has already lied when he responds.   

When are celebrities going to learn their are too many cameras around these days for the truth to not come out

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, millworkguy said:

The problem now, is hunt's credibility,  he already said he didn't do, what we have all seen him do.  She gets to stand up and say whatever she wants to, and hunt has to deal with the fact he has already lied when he responds.   

When are celebrities going to learn their are too many cameras around these days for the truth to not come out

They won't. That's why they are athletes and not scholars. Hunt isn't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed. 

8 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

I'm a feminist.  I'm proud to be feminist.  But when I watch the video, it looks like the woman is the instigator.  At first, Kareem looks like he is trying to diffuse a situation.  The woman keeps coming at him.  She hits or slaps him in the face.  Kareem does do a couple of aggressive shoves.  My guess is that she was saying some pretty rude stuff in addition to coming at him.  Men are usually the aggressors but sometimes women can be just as crazy.  Or even crazier.  I think this is one of those instances.

Lol, who cares if she was saying something rude to him?  It's words.  He has a room.  He can walk back inside it without putting a hand on anyone.  

31 minutes ago, kdko said:

Lol, who cares if she was saying something rude to him?  It's words.  He has a room.  He can walk back inside it without putting a hand on anyone.  

It would have been far wiser to return to his room.  Even after he was smacked in the face.  An NFL career is far more important than dealing with the drama of some crazy biotch.

5 hours ago, kdko said:

Who cares,plenty of people that don't see things in pure black and white like you. 

What about her putting her hands on him?  Should she be fired from her job, or is it OK because she's a woman? Or because he's a big bad black man? 

Yes he can and should have walked away. He went out in the hall because she was out there causing a disturbance. Should have called security or cops and let them deal with her. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LordOpie said:

this

no one is saying what Hunt did was okay, but she was also wrong. Were the women that Ben raped wrong? Is AP's 5 year old son wrong?

If life is B&W, then everything is equally wrong and don't we all agree that some things are more wrong than other events?

It's true, I was more upset when the video first came out. But looking at it now it really isn't that huge of a deal. Was he wrong, of course he was. But nobody was hurt or pressed charges. I think the lying about it is the real issue. 

43 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

which i think is offensive. The team didn't care about what he did, only that he lied to THEM. disgraceful.

My grandfather (30-50) years ago, when he was hiring for his company always liked asking perspective employees about their family, after hearing them out would ask about their action on the side.  He figured if they would lie and cheat on their spouse they would lie and steal from him.  

The fact he lied to the team, was unwilling to admit his mistake ( i know, its a simple word for a grave action) and be honest with the organization showed more about his character and who he is,  We will never know if they would have stood behind him, had he spoken the truth at the beginning (or in closed doors) and they put him in counselling (etc etc path), but they lost the PR on this one, and there was only 1 way to try and get it back.

7 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Who cares,plenty of people that don't see things in pure black and white like you. 

What about her putting her hands on him?  Should she be fired from her job, or is it OK because she's a woman? Or because he's a big bad black man? 

Yes he can and should have walked away. He went out in the hall because she was out there causing a disturbance. Should have called security or cops and let them deal with her. 

Who said what she did wasn't wrong?  You're a little man if you think that some crazy bitch yelling manure at you deserves to be hit, or if she puts your hands on you and you have 100+ pounds on her.  If she said racist crap she deserves to be fired too.  Happens to a lot of people on social media.  I never said what she did was okay, but some people seem to be trying to justify hitting a woman over words.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LordOpie said:

this

no one is saying what Hunt did was okay, but she was also wrong. Were the women that Ben raped wrong? Is AP's 5 year old son wrong?

If life is B&W, then everything is equally wrong and don't we all agree that some things are more wrong than other events?

These are by far dumbest comparison I think i've ever read in my life.  

Edited by kdko

Just now, kdko said:

Who said what she did wasn't wrong?  You're a little man if you think that some crazy bitch yelling manure at you deserves to be hit, or if she puts your hands on you and you have 100+ pounds on her.  If she said racist crap she deserves to be fired too.  Happens to a lot of people on social media.  I never said what she did was okay, but some people seem to be trying to justify hitting a woman over words.

Not many people are saying anything she did is wrong and are portraying this like a violent beating. 

I don't think violence is right in most cases, its not in my nature to be that way. Not sure I can really say what I'd do if I were in his shoes.

Yes plenty of people in certain careers may lose their job for saying stupid manure, or violent behavior. Not all careers and few are banned for life from that profession. 

15 hours ago, LordOpie said:

lol, that was my point.

there is no comparison. What Hunt did was nothing compared to those two predators who continue to receive football praise

They weren't caught on tape, that appears to be the trigger for some, and then they want to pretend that a a mild physical altercation was some kind of savage beating, or at least serious violence.

Imagine if everything we all did was recording and made public...who among us would escape public criticism?

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

They weren't caught on tape, that appears to be the trigger for some, and then they want to pretend that a a mild physical altercation was some kind of savage beating, or at least serious violence.

Imagine if everything we all did was recording and made public...who among us would escape public criticism?

Yeah, being available for everyone to see adds fuel to the fire of the "outrage society" we live in now.

Had it been an undocumented altercation, we wouldn't be talking about it right now.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • DMD locked this topic