millworkguy

Browns sign Hunt

43 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

which i think is offensive. The team didn't care about what he did, only that he lied to THEM. disgraceful.

My grandfather (30-50) years ago, when he was hiring for his company always liked asking perspective employees about their family, after hearing them out would ask about their action on the side.  He figured if they would lie and cheat on their spouse they would lie and steal from him.  

The fact he lied to the team, was unwilling to admit his mistake ( i know, its a simple word for a grave action) and be honest with the organization showed more about his character and who he is,  We will never know if they would have stood behind him, had he spoken the truth at the beginning (or in closed doors) and they put him in counselling (etc etc path), but they lost the PR on this one, and there was only 1 way to try and get it back.

3 hours ago, millworkguy said:

My grandfather (30-50) years ago, when he was hiring for his company always liked asking perspective employees about their family, after hearing them out would ask about their action on the side.  He figured if they would lie and cheat on their spouse they would lie and steal from him.  

The fact he lied to the team, was unwilling to admit his mistake ( i know, its a simple word for a grave action) and be honest with the organization showed more about his character and who he is,  We will never know if they would have stood behind him, had he spoken the truth at the beginning (or in closed doors) and they put him in counselling (etc etc path), but they lost the PR on this one, and there was only 1 way to try and get it back.

i don't disagree with you, but I was commenting about NFL teams and how they care less what the players do to (sometimes innocent and defenseless victims) than what the player says to them. The teams are should be ashamed of themselves. The Teams are poor role models for their players.

If you're saying that they had to fire him for PR reasons, I disagree. The could've still stood behind their player with the same outcome either way. I think this is worse because they're saying ... we don't care if you beat women and children, just don't lie to us about it. really?

7 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Who cares,plenty of people that don't see things in pure black and white like you. 

What about her putting her hands on him?  Should she be fired from her job, or is it OK because she's a woman? Or because he's a big bad black man? 

Yes he can and should have walked away. He went out in the hall because she was out there causing a disturbance. Should have called security or cops and let them deal with her. 

Who said what she did wasn't wrong?  You're a little man if you think that some crazy bitch yelling manure at you deserves to be hit, or if she puts your hands on you and you have 100+ pounds on her.  If she said racist crap she deserves to be fired too.  Happens to a lot of people on social media.  I never said what she did was okay, but some people seem to be trying to justify hitting a woman over words.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LordOpie said:

this

no one is saying what Hunt did was okay, but she was also wrong. Were the women that Ben raped wrong? Is AP's 5 year old son wrong?

If life is B&W, then everything is equally wrong and don't we all agree that some things are more wrong than other events?

These are by far dumbest comparison I think i've ever read in my life.  

Edited by kdko

Just now, kdko said:

Who said what she did wasn't wrong?  You're a little man if you think that some crazy bitch yelling manure at you deserves to be hit, or if she puts your hands on you and you have 100+ pounds on her.  If she said racist crap she deserves to be fired too.  Happens to a lot of people on social media.  I never said what she did was okay, but some people seem to be trying to justify hitting a woman over words.

Not many people are saying anything she did is wrong and are portraying this like a violent beating. 

I don't think violence is right in most cases, its not in my nature to be that way. Not sure I can really say what I'd do if I were in his shoes.

Yes plenty of people in certain careers may lose their job for saying stupid manure, or violent behavior. Not all careers and few are banned for life from that profession. 

2 hours ago, kdko said:

These are by far dumbest comparison I think i've ever read in my life.  

lol, that was my point.

there is no comparison. What Hunt did was nothing compared to those two predators who continue to receive football praise

15 hours ago, LordOpie said:

lol, that was my point.

there is no comparison. What Hunt did was nothing compared to those two predators who continue to receive football praise

They weren't caught on tape, that appears to be the trigger for some, and then they want to pretend that a a mild physical altercation was some kind of savage beating, or at least serious violence.

Imagine if everything we all did was recording and made public...who among us would escape public criticism?

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

They weren't caught on tape, that appears to be the trigger for some, and then they want to pretend that a a mild physical altercation was some kind of savage beating, or at least serious violence.

Imagine if everything we all did was recording and made public...who among us would escape public criticism?

Yeah, being available for everyone to see adds fuel to the fire of the "outrage society" we live in now.

Had it been an undocumented altercation, we wouldn't be talking about it right now.  

It'd be a mistake to trade Duke without knowing what Hunt's suspension would be

4 hours ago, loaf said:

I dunno.  Chubb can catch it well and they can draft a satellite back late in the draft.

6 hours ago, loaf said:

I agree. And he doesn't make much. 

9 hours ago, kdko said:

I dunno.  Chubb can catch it well and they can draft a satellite back late in the draft.

So they could trade a known commodity that fits their system (Duke) for a draft pick then use some draft pick to select an unknown commodity with unknown NFL ability let alone fit for their scheme?  Not sure I see the benefit there.

And if Chubb goes down early in the season, you want nobody but this rookie and whoever else they have (who they'd probably still have with Duke) to take over until Hunt is available, if he is even allowed to play this season. (No guarantee of that as the NFL drags its feet and won't even set a timeline for their expected suspension.)

Is he worth that much more now, than say later in the season (if Hunt situation clear before deadline), or next season.

They should not trade Duke.  Not yet.  He really doesn't make that much, either.  

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, stevegrab said:

So they could trade a known commodity that fits their system (Duke) for a draft pick then use some draft pick to select an unknown commodity with unknown NFL ability let alone fit for their scheme?  Not sure I see the benefit there.

And if Chubb goes down early in the season, you want nobody but this rookie and whoever else they have (who they'd probably still have with Duke) to take over until Hunt is available, if he is even allowed to play this season. (No guarantee of that as the NFL drags its feet and won't even set a timeline for their expected suspension.)

Is he worth that much more now, than say later in the season (if Hunt situation clear before deadline), or next season.

It doesn't mention anything of it, but what if Johnson is chirping and has expressed that he wants to be traded?  They hardly used him much last year it seemed like, and they just brought in Hunt who at some point will take even more snaps away from him.  Johnson is a talented dude, but probably wants to be somewhere he can have a bigger role.  And if teams are reaching out for him, and offering something nice, why not take it?  

12 hours ago, kdko said:

It doesn't mention anything of it, but what if Johnson is chirping and has expressed that he wants to be traded?  They hardly used him much last year it seemed like, and they just brought in Hunt who at some point will take even more snaps away from him.  Johnson is a talented dude, but probably wants to be somewhere he can have a bigger role.  And if teams are reaching out for him, and offering something nice, why not take it?  

I understand he may not be happy with the current situation, and wants more touches elsewhere. But that doesn't mean the Browns need to trade him. If they get a great offer it might be worth taking. Not sure what that is, and haven't heard much yet about what teams may offer. 

But I don't think it is a good move for the Browns unless they have a good backup ready. Chubb is still early in his NFL career and didn't have to carry the load all year. Don't want to wear him out now.

The point of my response to you was that you said they could draft his replacement, so I wonder what the net gain is there related to the draft picks (that they get for Duke vs. use to draft replacement) and the fit of the replacement back compared to Duke. 

lol, local radio is saying KC is thinking of bringing in adrian peterson.

So they fire hunt who hit adults that, arguably, deserved it, but are thinking of AP who hits his child? I'm confused.

9 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

So they fire hunt who hit adults that, arguably, deserved it, but are thinking of AP who hits his child? I'm confused.

Outrage over AP has died down, plus he didn't make them look bad by doing something on video and lying to them about it.

16 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

No doubt, It's very hypocritical

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, LordOpie said:

Everybody forgets exactly WHY Kansas City released Hunt.  It wasn't the allegation or even the commission of domestic violence.

The deciding factor for the Chiefs was that Hunt lied through his teeth in a meeting with his Head Coach (Andy Reid), General Manager (Brett Veach) and possibly even team President Marc Donovan was there.  They asked him certain questions and he unflinchingly lied to them.  Had he come clean, he might have been suspended, but KC would likely have kept him.  But when an employee lies to your face in a closed meeting about something important to you, the whole company including all the other employees at every level, you simply cannot keep him around.  

And that is why KC fired Hunt.  

Bringing in Peterson may look hypocritical to many, but they are not getting it.  Hunt was let go because he is a bald-faced liar and probably a pathological liar as well.

Edited by Dcat
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, League_Champion said:

No doubt, It's very hypocritical

not really hypocritical even though on the surface it might appear to be.  see the post immediately above

24 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Everybody forgets exactly WHY Kansas City released Hunt.  It wasn't the allegation or even the commission of domestic violence.

The deciding factor for the Chiefs was that Hunt lied through his teeth...

And that is why KC fired Hunt.  

Bringing in Peterson may look hypocritical to many, but they are not getting it.  Hunt was let go because he is a bald-faced liar and probably a pathological liar as well.

I didn't forget. I let people bring this up so I can remind them...

KC and society is (the really bad word)ed up. How is lying worse than abusing a child?

3 hours ago, Dcat said:

not really hypocritical even though on the surface it might appear to be.  see the post immediately above

Some people won't get it, or choose to see it differently. Usually not worth arguing with somebody like Opie who has their mind made up that anybody hiring AP is a horrible person. 

I wonder if Opie counts himself as part of this screwed up society. 

13 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Some people won't get it, or choose to see it differently. Usually not worth arguing with somebody like Opie who has their mind made up that anybody hiring AP is a horrible person. 

I wonder if Opie counts himself as part of this screwed up society. 

interesting that you're okay with child abuse.

I'm glad you don't have kids.