millworkguy

Browns sign Hunt

43 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

which i think is offensive. The team didn't care about what he did, only that he lied to THEM. disgraceful.

My grandfather (30-50) years ago, when he was hiring for his company always liked asking perspective employees about their family, after hearing them out would ask about their action on the side.  He figured if they would lie and cheat on their spouse they would lie and steal from him.  

The fact he lied to the team, was unwilling to admit his mistake ( i know, its a simple word for a grave action) and be honest with the organization showed more about his character and who he is,  We will never know if they would have stood behind him, had he spoken the truth at the beginning (or in closed doors) and they put him in counselling (etc etc path), but they lost the PR on this one, and there was only 1 way to try and get it back.

3 hours ago, millworkguy said:

My grandfather (30-50) years ago, when he was hiring for his company always liked asking perspective employees about their family, after hearing them out would ask about their action on the side.  He figured if they would lie and cheat on their spouse they would lie and steal from him.  

The fact he lied to the team, was unwilling to admit his mistake ( i know, its a simple word for a grave action) and be honest with the organization showed more about his character and who he is,  We will never know if they would have stood behind him, had he spoken the truth at the beginning (or in closed doors) and they put him in counselling (etc etc path), but they lost the PR on this one, and there was only 1 way to try and get it back.

i don't disagree with you, but I was commenting about NFL teams and how they care less what the players do to (sometimes innocent and defenseless victims) than what the player says to them. The teams are should be ashamed of themselves. The Teams are poor role models for their players.

If you're saying that they had to fire him for PR reasons, I disagree. The could've still stood behind their player with the same outcome either way. I think this is worse because they're saying ... we don't care if you beat women and children, just don't lie to us about it. really?

7 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Who cares,plenty of people that don't see things in pure black and white like you. 

What about her putting her hands on him?  Should she be fired from her job, or is it OK because she's a woman? Or because he's a big bad black man? 

Yes he can and should have walked away. He went out in the hall because she was out there causing a disturbance. Should have called security or cops and let them deal with her. 

Who said what she did wasn't wrong?  You're a little man if you think that some crazy bitch yelling manure at you deserves to be hit, or if she puts your hands on you and you have 100+ pounds on her.  If she said racist crap she deserves to be fired too.  Happens to a lot of people on social media.  I never said what she did was okay, but some people seem to be trying to justify hitting a woman over words.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LordOpie said:

this

no one is saying what Hunt did was okay, but she was also wrong. Were the women that Ben raped wrong? Is AP's 5 year old son wrong?

If life is B&W, then everything is equally wrong and don't we all agree that some things are more wrong than other events?

These are by far dumbest comparison I think i've ever read in my life.  

Edited by kdko

Just now, kdko said:

Who said what she did wasn't wrong?  You're a little man if you think that some crazy bitch yelling manure at you deserves to be hit, or if she puts your hands on you and you have 100+ pounds on her.  If she said racist crap she deserves to be fired too.  Happens to a lot of people on social media.  I never said what she did was okay, but some people seem to be trying to justify hitting a woman over words.

Not many people are saying anything she did is wrong and are portraying this like a violent beating. 

I don't think violence is right in most cases, its not in my nature to be that way. Not sure I can really say what I'd do if I were in his shoes.

Yes plenty of people in certain careers may lose their job for saying stupid manure, or violent behavior. Not all careers and few are banned for life from that profession. 

2 hours ago, kdko said:

These are by far dumbest comparison I think i've ever read in my life.  

lol, that was my point.

there is no comparison. What Hunt did was nothing compared to those two predators who continue to receive football praise

15 hours ago, LordOpie said:

lol, that was my point.

there is no comparison. What Hunt did was nothing compared to those two predators who continue to receive football praise

They weren't caught on tape, that appears to be the trigger for some, and then they want to pretend that a a mild physical altercation was some kind of savage beating, or at least serious violence.

Imagine if everything we all did was recording and made public...who among us would escape public criticism?

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

They weren't caught on tape, that appears to be the trigger for some, and then they want to pretend that a a mild physical altercation was some kind of savage beating, or at least serious violence.

Imagine if everything we all did was recording and made public...who among us would escape public criticism?

Yeah, being available for everyone to see adds fuel to the fire of the "outrage society" we live in now.

Had it been an undocumented altercation, we wouldn't be talking about it right now.