[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Browns sign Hunt

millworkguy

4 hours ago, loaf said:

It'd be a mistake to trade Duke without knowing what Hunt's suspension would be

I dunno.  Chubb can catch it well and they can draft a satellite back late in the draft.

9 hours ago, kdko said:

I dunno.  Chubb can catch it well and they can draft a satellite back late in the draft.

So they could trade a known commodity that fits their system (Duke) for a draft pick then use some draft pick to select an unknown commodity with unknown NFL ability let alone fit for their scheme?  Not sure I see the benefit there.

And if Chubb goes down early in the season, you want nobody but this rookie and whoever else they have (who they'd probably still have with Duke) to take over until Hunt is available, if he is even allowed to play this season. (No guarantee of that as the NFL drags its feet and won't even set a timeline for their expected suspension.)

Is he worth that much more now, than say later in the season (if Hunt situation clear before deadline), or next season.

8 hours ago, stevegrab said:

So they could trade a known commodity that fits their system (Duke) for a draft pick then use some draft pick to select an unknown commodity with unknown NFL ability let alone fit for their scheme?  Not sure I see the benefit there.

And if Chubb goes down early in the season, you want nobody but this rookie and whoever else they have (who they'd probably still have with Duke) to take over until Hunt is available, if he is even allowed to play this season. (No guarantee of that as the NFL drags its feet and won't even set a timeline for their expected suspension.)

Is he worth that much more now, than say later in the season (if Hunt situation clear before deadline), or next season.

It doesn't mention anything of it, but what if Johnson is chirping and has expressed that he wants to be traded?  They hardly used him much last year it seemed like, and they just brought in Hunt who at some point will take even more snaps away from him.  Johnson is a talented dude, but probably wants to be somewhere he can have a bigger role.  And if teams are reaching out for him, and offering something nice, why not take it?  

12 hours ago, kdko said:

It doesn't mention anything of it, but what if Johnson is chirping and has expressed that he wants to be traded?  They hardly used him much last year it seemed like, and they just brought in Hunt who at some point will take even more snaps away from him.  Johnson is a talented dude, but probably wants to be somewhere he can have a bigger role.  And if teams are reaching out for him, and offering something nice, why not take it?  

I understand he may not be happy with the current situation, and wants more touches elsewhere. But that doesn't mean the Browns need to trade him. If they get a great offer it might be worth taking. Not sure what that is, and haven't heard much yet about what teams may offer. 

But I don't think it is a good move for the Browns unless they have a good backup ready. Chubb is still early in his NFL career and didn't have to carry the load all year. Don't want to wear him out now.

The point of my response to you was that you said they could draft his replacement, so I wonder what the net gain is there related to the draft picks (that they get for Duke vs. use to draft replacement) and the fit of the replacement back compared to Duke. 

9 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

lol, local radio is saying KC is thinking of bringing in adrian peterson.

So they fire hunt who hit adults that, arguably, deserved it, but are thinking of AP who hits his child? I'm confused.

Outrage over AP has died down, plus he didn't make them look bad by doing something on video and lying to them about it.

22 hours ago, LordOpie said:

lol, local radio is saying KC is thinking of bringing in adrian peterson.

So they fire hunt who hit adults that, arguably, deserved it, but are thinking of AP who hits his child? I'm confused.

Everybody forgets exactly WHY Kansas City released Hunt.  It wasn't the allegation or even the commission of domestic violence.

The deciding factor for the Chiefs was that Hunt lied through his teeth in a meeting with his Head Coach (Andy Reid), General Manager (Brett Veach) and possibly even team President Marc Donovan was there.  They asked him certain questions and he unflinchingly lied to them.  Had he come clean, he might have been suspended, but KC would likely have kept him.  But when an employee lies to your face in a closed meeting about something important to you, the whole company including all the other employees at every level, you simply cannot keep him around.  

And that is why KC fired Hunt.  

Bringing in Peterson may look hypocritical to many, but they are not getting it.  Hunt was let go because he is a bald-faced liar and probably a pathological liar as well.

Edited by Dcat
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Dcat said:

not really hypocritical even though on the surface it might appear to be.  see the post immediately above

Some people won't get it, or choose to see it differently. Usually not worth arguing with somebody like Opie who has their mind made up that anybody hiring AP is a horrible person. 

I wonder if Opie counts himself as part of this screwed up society. 

19 hours ago, LordOpie said:

interesting that you're okay with child abuse.

I'm glad you don't have kids.

I've been reading this board for nearly 10 years.  Sorry, but I have to ask you:  why do you ALWAYS seem distort, exaggerate or inaccuratley restate what someone else says?  You freaking do it all the time dude. Why would anyone here would even want to converse with you when it is almost a sure bet you will distort what the other person says in your zest to argue?  Never fails.  Just so you know... when you do that, it is extremely obvious and you lose any shred of credibility you might have once had. 

Edited by Dcat
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, LordOpie said:

I didn't forget. I let people bring this up so I can remind them...

KC and society is (the really bad word)ed up. How is lying worse than abusing a child?

There you go again...   Nobody here said or implied that "lying is worse than abusing a child".  Your responses always are manipulative like that.  Let's be clear....  KC fired Hunt because he lied through his teeth in a meeting.. right to the GM's and HC's face.  Maybe the Chefs would have dumped Hunt anyway, even if he were truthful in that meeting, maybe not.. but I'll tell you this...  If one of my employees lies to my face about violating the law, "team" rules or other act that is detrimental to the company and the people associated with it...  he is out of here.  That in no way says or implies that domestic/child abuse is more acceptable than lying.  How in God's name did you distort what he wrote into that manure anyway?   geez 

Edited by Dcat
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• DMD locked this topic