LordOpie

lol... Von Miller to CLE?

local sports talk says that CLE contacted DEN about Von. Local radio guys said that both teams should be considering there because both teams are clearly going in the opposite directions. By the time DEN is good, Von's career will be winding down.

Would Von be enough to take CLE deep into the post-season?

36 minutes ago, loaf said:

no

You don't want him?

I do...but wrong side of 30.

I don't think he's what's needed to make a deep run into the playoffs but he'd help.

Another CB or two...I'm not sure of Ward. He had two concussions last season.

DE and OT are needs

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, loaf said:

I do...but wrong side of 30.

I don't think he's what's needed to make a deep run into the playoffs but he'd help.

Another CB or two...I'm not sure of Ward. He had two concussions last season.

DE and OT are needs

Dont be to quick to dismiss Ogbah. Last season was actually a statistical outlier and if I’m not mistaken he was being forced inside a lot. 

DT is a bigger need than DE. I think if you get another big body to play beside Ogunjobi than Ogbah will be a much better player because he can play outside.  

I meant DT, sorry

43 minutes ago, jamesplante11 said:

Dont be to quick to dismiss Ogbah. Last season was actually a statistical outlier and if I’m not mistaken he was being forced inside a lot. 

DT is a bigger need than DE. I think if you get another big body to play beside Ogunjobi than Ogbah will be a much better player because he can play outside.  

yeah, ogbah can be real good... and ogunjobi is a potential beast

It's gonna cost a 1st rounder to get Von Miller. It wouldn't make sense from Cleveland's standpoint. I could see a contender making a move for him.

Edited by League_Champion

Von Miller is a true difference maker.  Every team should want him.  He turns 30 in March but I bet he is the kind of player who will be elite for at least 5 more years.  And he is under contract 3 more years at a reasonable $17.5-$18 million per season.  But true superstars don't come cheap.  The Broncos asking price is probably two 1st round picks.

Edited by michaelredd9

Great player no doubt but this is not the way to build a championship - don't sink a first round pick AND $15-20 million a year into one player. Go draft someone with all your draft picks and hit on one or two of them for a fraction of the price. I believe some team has perfected this technique over the last 2 decades.....now who could that be?

Edited by stethant
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, stethant said:

Great player no doubt but this is not the way to build a championship - don't sink a first round pick AND $15-20 million a year into one player. Go draft someone with all your draft picks and hit on one or two of them for a fraction of the price. I believe some team has perfected this technique over the last 2 decades.....now who could that be?

right.

and why the "lol" at the beginning of the topic?

1 hour ago, loaf said:

right.

and why the "lol" at the beginning of the topic?

because trading a great player from a team that won the superbowl a few years ago to a team that was the laughing stock of the league a few years ago because that superbowl team is now the laughing stock and that suck-ass team is now playoff bound.

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, stethant said:

so what you're saying is... if DEN can find a trade partner, they should absolutely trade Von. I agree, but I don't see that happening because Elway is in win-now mentality eventho the team isn't.

58 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

so what you're saying is... if DEN can find a trade partner, they should absolutely trade Von. I agree, but I don't see that happening because Elway is in win-now mentality eventho the team isn't.

Too late. Joe Flacco is a Bronco. Will Elway ever learn? 

Might be a good fit for a team making the playoff push and missing that piece, as much as they've improved that team is not the Browns. 

5 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Will Elway ever learn? 

no.

On 2/13/2019 at 10:13 AM, LordOpie said:

Yeah I guess I was saying the reverse of this but what you say is therefore also true. If they had drafted a promising QB then I think Denver should've kept Von and tried to lean on the defense while the newbie gets acclimated to the NFL.

I think with the signing of Flacco the Denver ownership really needs to start preparing for a post-Elway franchise. He just made the same mistake a second time (Keenum, now Flacco). I've said it before and I'll say it again: I would guess 50-75% of Huddlers could run an NFL franchise better than current management.

the big problem with DEN is the "trust".