[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Le'Veon Bell won't be tagged

michaelredd9

12 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

I think locker room chemistry is understated. I'm optimistic that the removal of both those me guys will help the TEAM dynamic, not to mention the yield that AB is likely to return for trade. Steelers also have significant cap space. There is a reason they are always in the mix and that is great scouting and Colbert is a great GM. Traditionally they aren't super aggressive in FA but they are also in uncharted territory with the amount of cap they have and the Ben window is closing so I expect them to go a little outside the line in terms of their norm  

yep those are good details. You know more about it than I do. I think you're probably right about taking more of a stab because I don't think Ben has much longer. The window may have already closed for Ben. And team chemistry is hard to figure on how much it affects a team but with Le'Veon and AB's situation certainly could be better next year. I just wonder if they have enough horses. 

Edited by purplemonster

5 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

Didn't lose the best RB. He's the best fantasy RB in PPR.. in real football he was a top 5 RB 2 seasons ago.

Ok, top 5. Are they better for it? All I'm saying is that it's gonna be hard to achieve the level of success that they are accustomed to by losing Bell & AB. I think that's a fair assumption.

Not disagreeing with you on AB, he can't be replaced.. i will strongly disagree on Bell. I've always felt Bell was good but not special like saquon zeke Gurley, he's very replaceable, Conner was on pace to surpass Bells best statistical season before he got concussion. Wasn't the same after that. I've said it before. Bell is a product of having a hof qb hof wr and top 3 oline. He will be mediocre at best without that. The ONLY  attribute where I think he clearly Excels over Conner is in pass protection and even that was shown not to be missed as Ben was  sacked 24 times vs  seasons of 42 33 20 17 21 with Bell. 

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

Not disagreeing with you on AB, he can't be replaced.. i will strongly disagree on Bell. I've always felt Bell was good but not special like saquon zeke Gurley, he's very replaceable, Conner was on pace to surpass Bells best statistical season before he got concussion. Wasn't the same after that. I've said it before. Bell is a product of having a hof qb hof wr and top 3 oline. He will be mediocre at best without that. The ONLY  attribute where I think he clearly Excels over Conner is in pass protection and even that was shown not to be missed as Ben was  sacked 24 times vs  seasons of 42 33 20 17 21 with Bell. 

I definitely think holding out a year is gonna hurt Bell. It's just not that easy to turn it back on. Especially if reports are true about him being out of shape. That's concerning. I'm not sure on AB. He is seriously losing his mind. I don't think I'd touch him now.

19 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I definitely think holding out a year is gonna hurt Bell. It's just not that easy to turn it back on. Especially if reports are true about him being out of shape. That's concerning. I'm not sure on AB. He is seriously losing his mind. I don't think I'd touch him now.

I rarely ever come on here and spew information about my team just based on opinion. I usually always have stats to backup my opinion. I havent missed a down of Steelers football in 16 years. What I see is that Bell is very replaceable and I look forward to seeing him fail elsewhere after he passed on an incredible contract offer to stay with his childhood team and likely retire a hall of famer. He could have been a Bettis like legend for them. If I'm wrong on Bell I'll come eat my crow. 

6 hours ago, Gourdeau said:

I rarely ever come on here and spew information about my team just based on opinion. I usually always have stats to backup my opinion. I havent missed a down of Steelers football in 16 years. What I see is that Bell is very replaceable and I look forward to seeing him fail elsewhere after he passed on an incredible contract offer to stay with his childhood team and likely retire a hall of famer. He could have been a Bettis like legend for them. If I'm wrong on Bell I'll come eat my crow. 

You would know better than I. Those are some monster numbers to make up. I'm not sure it's that easy but I'll take your word for it. 

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like a decent fit other than the fact that the Jets aren't that great but they certainly have a huge need at running back. But I think Darnold can be okay. Jets could use another receiver I would think and they would be pretty decent with Le'Veon, provided he hasn't been hanging out at Old Country Buffet

Edited by purplemonster

• 7 months later...
1 hour ago, Gourdeau said:

Well a lot of us called it in this thread. Likely a bust but partially not his fault, as Gase doesn't use him. 5 Catches over last 3 games. 9 rush attempts yesterday.

True. To his credit, he's also been quiet about it, no whining or complaining.

2 hours ago, Gourdeau said:

Well a lot of us called it in this thread. Likely a bust but partially not his fault, as Gase doesn't use him. 5 Catches over last 3 games. 9 rush attempts yesterday.

Gase and Nagy comparing game plans on who can screw up game planning and run the least.

4 hours ago, purplemonster said:

Could use a lot more creativity.  Running hin up the gut with a trash line isn't going to work.  Get him in space, do some zone blocking.  Line him up wherever.  

Yes indeed.  Every Jets fan is screaming the same thing.  I thught Gase was supposed to be some kind of QB whisperer.  From what I can see he suxx at everything from game planning to adjustments (wut adjustments?) but worst of all, what hes doing to Darnold. A stubborn game plan that pretends they have any semblance of an OL.  It is awful and Gase is awful so far. Holy sh*t. Remove sharp objects hurry.

Edited by Dcat