[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lev Bell in shape?

Dcat

From the NY Daily Snot Rag [commonlly known as the NY Daily News]

by Manish Mehta [Obnoxious Jets beat reporter who often fabricates things to get clicks]  My snide comments are in [brackets]

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/ny-sports-jets-mailbag-bell-brown-20190220-story.html

The Jets believe that Bell is a quality player, but there are reservations inside the building about his motivation after he lands a big pay day. [maybe this team learned its lesson from lazy Revis who was slow, fat and out of shape when he got that last, incredibly over priced, Jets contract].  Frankly, I think that sentiment is unfounded given what people who know Bell have told me about his competitiveness and work ethic. He made a business decision last season that few players have had the courage to make in NFL history. But I expect him to be a dominant player when he returns.

There’s also concern on One Jets Drive about how much tread the 27-year-old Bell has left on his tires given his 1,635 touches in five seasons.

Then there’s this: Word on the street is that Bell, who’s playing weight is about 225 pounds, ballooned to around 260 pounds at one point during his year-long hiatus. There’s a fair amount of concern from the Jets about what kind of shape he’s in at the moment. (You’d have to think that Bell has lost most of his extra baggage by now). [I read one rumor that had him nearing 280 lbs.]

All that being said, the Jets would take Bell at the right price. What exactly is that price? Well, my understanding is that he’s looking for a deal that pockets $48 million in the first three years.

I’ve been told that the Jets are not going to break the bank for Bell. It would be a shame if Gang Green made a token low-ball offer to arguably the best dual-threat running back of the past decade.

Edited by Dcat