[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

No Tag For Nicky TD'S

League_Champion

1 hour ago, purplemonster said:

Not expecting a ton from Foles personally. But I think this increases Westbrook and maybe Cole's status to more fantasy relevant.  

I was trying to remember what viable receiving options they had that might be helped by this signing, and could not remember them.  Then I remembered, I had Cole on my roster for half a season, and scored me a whopping 7.6 points in 3 starts. Could be worse, at least he scored each game, he had 5 games with any catches, and in 2 he wasn't targeted. 

2 hours ago, stevegrab said:

I was trying to remember what viable receiving options they had that might be helped by this signing, and could not remember them.  Then I remembered, I had Cole on my roster for half a season, and scored me a whopping 7.6 points in 3 starts. Could be worse, at least he scored each game, he had 5 games with any catches, and in 2 he wasn't targeted. 

Yeah I can't say I'm super high on any of them still but you never know. It's really hard to say because their quarterbacking was so bad. And I don't know if Bortles got worse I think he just got really conservative at the end

24 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

Yeah I can't say I'm super high on any of them still but you never know. It's really hard to say because their quarterbacking was so bad. And I don't know if Bortles got worse I think he just got really conservative at the end

One thing about Foles is that he will spread the ball around. He doesn't seem to lock in on one guy. Because of that I don't think I'd touch any Jacksonville receiver. He also has a tendency to make bad decisions when pressured. He threw a lot of bad balls during that Superbowl run that should have been picked. He's way better than Bortless though.

5 hours ago, League_Champion said:

One thing about Foles is that he will spread the ball around. He doesn't seem to lock in on one guy.

Zach Ertz had 79 catches in the 13 games Foles started in the last 2 years.  Alshon Jeffery had 37 catches in the 7 games Foles started this year.

Edit:  Alshon had 27 catches in 5 games played with Foles this season (Alshon didn't play the first 2 games)

Edited by michaelredd9

18 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

That's about both of their career averages. 

It is their career averages because their quarterbacks have focused on them.  Foles didn't spread the ball around.  He focused on Ertz and Jeffery.

Edited by michaelredd9

45 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

want to do some research? Take the top 5 receivers for your Eagles, figure out their averages per game with Foles and with Wentz. Should give you and idea of whether Foles is better at or just normal for spreading the ball around.

Sorry, I don't have time to dig deep. Feel free if you like. I'm not debating if Foles is better than Wentz, that's just silly. I do know that Foles spreads it around and does it much better than Bortless.

21 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

It is their career averages because their quarterbacks have focused on them.  Foles didn't spread the ball around.  He focused on Ertz and Jeffery.

He focused on the best two receivers on the team, don't most QBs (their teams too) focus on getting the ball to their best guys?