[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2019 NFL Draft Thread

League_Champion

4 minutes ago, Def. said:

Pretty sure scoop is referring to a rookie draft and not the NFL draft.  Think that maybe the confusion.  

Yep any time I do this :hscratch:I tell myself, think fantasy football.

When we're talking about rookies and the combine, and their value in the NFL (even in fantasy terms) it would help if people were clear on what draft they're referring to.

• Confused 1

The hard part about Metcalf is he turned Pro after his sophomore year and he missed half of that due to injury. So I don't really know what this guy can do. I don't know what to say about 3 cone drills and the rest. I wouldn't think your performance would be that reduced but I guess I don't know. It is concerning though for a wide receiver who needs to change direction frequently to create separation. I think there's a risk this guy is a workout warrior and a gym short Olympian but may not fully translate to the field.  

Sounds like a legit vertical threat no matter what happens with his size and speed. But can he run the other routes? Can he catch reliably? Can he run after the catch? Stay healthy?  I mean maybe he can do all those things but I don't know if there's enough tape or experience to say.  He certainly a physical freak, nobody doubts that.

Edited by purplemonster
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

This thread is "NFL Draft". I don't like Metcalf a little. He can't run a route for his life. Guys like him are a dime a dozen every year. 

Of course you're right.   But it is a "Fantasy Site".

I'll digress from commenting in this thread any further.

2 hours ago, League_Champion said:

You very very rarely would take a WR at 1 overall. And he's not #1 worthy. What has he done that makes you think he's a #1 pick? He's a glorified John Ross.

:lol:    This dude and John Ross aren't even in the same universe dude.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, darin3 said:

:lol:    This dude and John Ross aren't even in the same universe dude.

I was a bit perplexed by the comparison, too.  I can't think of one similarity between Ross and Metcalf except for they are both fast.  There has literally never been a wide receiver with Metcalf's size and speed.

1 hour ago, michaelredd9 said:

I was a bit perplexed by the comparison, too.  I can't think of one similarity between Ross and Metcalf except for they are both fast.  There has literally never been a wide receiver with Metcalf's size and speed.

Both are straight line burners. Can't run routes to save their lives. 

21 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Both are straight line burners. Can't run routes to save their lives. 

Being a 6'3" 228 pound deep threat is different than being a 5'11" 190 pound deep threat.  Metcalf won't have a large route tree.  He can still be elite.  He has good ball skills and is fluid.  He going to be a nightmare to defend.  Here is a video of his vertical:

im not saying he cant be a fun guy to draft or have....but ive seen some mocks push him into the top 10....and to that i say good luck to any team drafting there....i highly doubt you will be successful in the longrun as a team.....there have been a ton of "fast" guys to come through the NFL....not all of them are HOF'ers

running a straight line with no defender on you and no pads on is great.....guys literally train months for these drills....now what happens when you put stephon gilmore on him ? 

4 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

Being a 6'3" 228 pound deep threat is different than being a 5'11" 190 pound deep threat.  Metcalf won't have a large route tree.  He can still be elite.  He has good ball skills and is fluid.  He going to be a nightmare to defend.  Here is a video of his vertical:

He averaged under 4 catches a game in College. Is that domination? He was even worse in 2017. Check the stats, not how high he can jump. I can give you a hundred athletic freaks that can't play receiver in the NFL.