Sign in to follow this  
Gourdeau

Landon Collins

No tag.. bad move or does gettleman know something others don't? Collins has Patriots written all over him my gut says. 

Think its just $.  Giants don't have much room and almost 12 mil for 1 year maybe too much.  I think the recent safety contracts the past 2 years have not been very large either so the tag maybe a little on the high side, but I haven't broken down any numbers to confirm that. 

Also he'd be a waste in the Pats system IMO.  Rather seem him in a true box safety scheme. 

Profootballfocus gave Collins a grade of 70.4 last year.  That was 39th out of 93 for safeties.  A grade of 68.2 in coverage.  A grade of 68.4 in run defense.  And a grade of 70.8 in pass rush.  And then he had surgery on a torn labrum in his shoulder.  It's not surprising that they didn't tag him.  He might have to wait until May or June when he can prove that his shoulder is healed before any team commits a lot of money to him.

4 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

Profootballfocus gave Collins a grade of 70.4 last year.  That was 39th out of 93 for safeties.  A grade of 68.2 in coverage.  A grade of 68.4 in run defense.  And a grade of 70.8 in pass rush.  And then he had surgery on a torn labrum in his shoulder.  It's not surprising that they didn't tag him.  He might have to wait until May or June when he can prove that his shoulder is healed before any team commits a lot of money to him.

Yet he'll be picked up in a second and for big $$$. 

Going to the Redskins.