Wpob

Antonio Brown to the Raiders

8 minutes ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

gordeau...question

how do you feel about a few sources/former players suggesting that ben is actually the problem?

Ben is big enough to rape AB.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

It's the new Amish Schoolboy look. It's huge in LA. 

:blink:  LA like Los Angeles?  Or Louisiana?  Either way, not sure how that makes sense.

5 hours ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

gordeau...question

how do you feel about a few sources/former players suggesting that ben is actually the problem?

I assume you're referring to the sports Illustrated article ??

Ben has had roughly 300-350 teammates in his career. Sports Illustrated found 2 people who dont like him. One of which is some bum named Josh Harris who was with the team in 2014 for 4 games, 3 of which were not on active roster and he had exactly 9 carries for 16 yards as a steeler the  went to the CFL. Josh Harris is coincifentally ( i think not) a close friend or Mr Big Chest.

The other is Isaac Redman who quickly lambasted the writer of the article on twitter and accused him of outright lying about what he said in his article. Then we've got AB which I don't think we need to dissect who was the problem in that scenario. 

I'll lean towards taking the opinions of steeler legends like Bill Cowher, Jerome Bettis, Troy Polamalu, Terry Bradshaw, Heath Miller, Ryan Clarke and Hines Ward before anyone else. Also compare the local media takes vs everything else and it's quite a different narrative 

Sure Ben is far from perfect, id rather he not do a radio show but the team and the city support it. He had his transgressions when he was young and stupid, I've got my opinion on that but that's irrelevant in this context.  He may have slipped up once calling out AB on a route when he made a bad throw but the countless times where Ben owns up to his mistakes in game aren't talked about.

This whole " Ben doesn't hang out with me " garbage.. there's videos with Ben , AB, Bell and I think Bryant out on Ben's Boat, ex WR Marcus Wheaton spoke about when Ben flew him Bryant and Brown out to be with him to workout. None of that is well known cause it doesn't fit the hot take. Ben stays on campus at training camp, AB rents a private home in Latrobe. Again not well known

In short, up until AB went viral the last few months there hasn't been a peep in 14 years from teammates or coaches, ex or current about Ben being a problem. AB created a narrative and the media ran with it and had to dig pretty friggin deep to find someone to say something bad about him. 

Edited by Gourdeau
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Gourdeau said:

I assume you're referring to the sports Illustrated article ??

Ben has had roughly 300-350 teammates in his career. Sports Illustrated found 2 people who dont like him. One of which is some bum named Josh Harris who was with the team in 2014 for 4 games, 3 of which were not on active roster and he had exactly 9 carries for 16 yards as a steeler the  went to the CFL. Josh Harris is coincifentally ( i think not) a close friend or Mr Big Chest.

The other is Isaac Redman who quickly lambasted the writer of the article on twitter and accused him of outright lying about what he said in his article. Then we've got AB which I don't think we need to dissect who was the problem in that scenario. 

I'll lean towards taking the opinions of steeler legends like Bill Cowher, Jerome Bettis, Troy Polamalu, Terry Bradshaw, Heath Miller, Ryan Clarke and Hines Ward before anyone else. Also compare the local media takes vs everything else and it's quite a different narrative 

Sure Ben is far from perfect, id rather he not do a radio show but the team and the city support it. He had his transgressions when he was young and stupid, I've got my opinion on that but that's irrelevant in this context.  He may have slipped up once calling out AB on a route when he made a bad throw but the countless times where Ben owns up to his mistakes in game aren't talked about.

This whole " Ben doesn't hang out with me " garbage.. there's videos with Ben , AB, Bell and I think Bryant out on Ben's Boat, ex WR Marcus Wheaton spoke about when Ben flew him Bryant and Brown out to be with him to workout. None of that is well known cause it doesn't fit the hot take. Ben stays on campus at training camp, AB rents a private home in Latrobe. Again not well known

In short, up until AB went viral the last few months there hasn't been a peep in 14 years from teammates or coaches, ex or current about Ben being a problem. AB created a narrative and the media ran with it and had to dig pretty friggin deep to find someone to say something bad about him. 

the news about brown renting a home has been well known over the last few weeks....im just saying ive heard some people make some comments ...even hines ward had some things to day iirc correclty related to ben and tomlin...kinda calling them out...jesse james also said some things...maybe not directly related to ben....but i think also indirectly

i mean if ben did issue the "me or him..ill retire" decree you have to wonder.....i never implied brown was an angel or innocent in all of it...but you have to wonder if brown is really the only one with the balls to stand up to someone like ben....

Big Ben has always seemed like a big dingus to me.  He's like a bully in a 80's movie.  But he is a quarterback.  He can get away with it.  We've heard this offseason that Carson Wentz, Aaron Rodgers and Tony Romo might also be dingi (plural of dingus).  I believe it with Rodgers and Wentz but I have trouble believing Romo isn't a genuinely nice guy.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/ex-steeler-says-roethlisberger-once-092949343.html

i mean....i dunno...whatever lol

all im saying is that....you dont hear this about tom brady...but maybe thats because hes just different lol

i remember hearing a story, not long ago, about when kyle van noy arrived via trade..hes walking down a hall and brady sees him and walks up to hiim "hi, nice to meet you..im tom brady"....and van noy was like "ha, no sheet".....this was from van noy too...he couldnt believe the guy actually walks up to introduce himself....

im starting to think brady let ben win a couple of super bowls because he just felt bad for him