[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Antonio Brown to the Raiders

Wpob

5 hours ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

gordeau...question

how do you feel about a few sources/former players suggesting that ben is actually the problem?

I assume you're referring to the sports Illustrated article ??

Ben has had roughly 300-350 teammates in his career. Sports Illustrated found 2 people who dont like him. One of which is some bum named Josh Harris who was with the team in 2014 for 4 games, 3 of which were not on active roster and he had exactly 9 carries for 16 yards as a steeler the  went to the CFL. Josh Harris is coincifentally ( i think not) a close friend or Mr Big Chest.

The other is Isaac Redman who quickly lambasted the writer of the article on twitter and accused him of outright lying about what he said in his article. Then we've got AB which I don't think we need to dissect who was the problem in that scenario. 

I'll lean towards taking the opinions of steeler legends like Bill Cowher, Jerome Bettis, Troy Polamalu, Terry Bradshaw, Heath Miller, Ryan Clarke and Hines Ward before anyone else. Also compare the local media takes vs everything else and it's quite a different narrative 

Sure Ben is far from perfect, id rather he not do a radio show but the team and the city support it. He had his transgressions when he was young and stupid, I've got my opinion on that but that's irrelevant in this context.  He may have slipped up once calling out AB on a route when he made a bad throw but the countless times where Ben owns up to his mistakes in game aren't talked about.

This whole " Ben doesn't hang out with me " garbage.. there's videos with Ben , AB, Bell and I think Bryant out on Ben's Boat, ex WR Marcus Wheaton spoke about when Ben flew him Bryant and Brown out to be with him to workout. None of that is well known cause it doesn't fit the hot take. Ben stays on campus at training camp, AB rents a private home in Latrobe. Again not well known

In short, up until AB went viral the last few months there hasn't been a peep in 14 years from teammates or coaches, ex or current about Ben being a problem. AB created a narrative and the media ran with it and had to dig pretty friggin deep to find someone to say something bad about him. 

Edited by Gourdeau
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Gourdeau said:

I assume you're referring to the sports Illustrated article ??

Ben has had roughly 300-350 teammates in his career. Sports Illustrated found 2 people who dont like him. One of which is some bum named Josh Harris who was with the team in 2014 for 4 games, 3 of which were not on active roster and he had exactly 9 carries for 16 yards as a steeler the  went to the CFL. Josh Harris is coincifentally ( i think not) a close friend or Mr Big Chest.

The other is Isaac Redman who quickly lambasted the writer of the article on twitter and accused him of outright lying about what he said in his article. Then we've got AB which I don't think we need to dissect who was the problem in that scenario. 

I'll lean towards taking the opinions of steeler legends like Bill Cowher, Jerome Bettis, Troy Polamalu, Terry Bradshaw, Heath Miller, Ryan Clarke and Hines Ward before anyone else. Also compare the local media takes vs everything else and it's quite a different narrative 

Sure Ben is far from perfect, id rather he not do a radio show but the team and the city support it. He had his transgressions when he was young and stupid, I've got my opinion on that but that's irrelevant in this context.  He may have slipped up once calling out AB on a route when he made a bad throw but the countless times where Ben owns up to his mistakes in game aren't talked about.

This whole " Ben doesn't hang out with me " garbage.. there's videos with Ben , AB, Bell and I think Bryant out on Ben's Boat, ex WR Marcus Wheaton spoke about when Ben flew him Bryant and Brown out to be with him to workout. None of that is well known cause it doesn't fit the hot take. Ben stays on campus at training camp, AB rents a private home in Latrobe. Again not well known

In short, up until AB went viral the last few months there hasn't been a peep in 14 years from teammates or coaches, ex or current about Ben being a problem. AB created a narrative and the media ran with it and had to dig pretty friggin deep to find someone to say something bad about him. 

the news about brown renting a home has been well known over the last few weeks....im just saying ive heard some people make some comments ...even hines ward had some things to day iirc correclty related to ben and tomlin...kinda calling them out...jesse james also said some things...maybe not directly related to ben....but i think also indirectly

i mean if ben did issue the "me or him..ill retire" decree you have to wonder.....i never implied brown was an angel or innocent in all of it...but you have to wonder if brown is really the only one with the balls to stand up to someone like ben....

Big Ben has always seemed like a big dingus to me.  He's like a bully in a 80's movie.  But he is a quarterback.  He can get away with it.  We've heard this offseason that Carson Wentz, Aaron Rodgers and Tony Romo might also be dingi (plural of dingus).  I believe it with Rodgers and Wentz but I have trouble believing Romo isn't a genuinely nice guy.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/ex-steeler-says-roethlisberger-once-092949343.html

i mean....i dunno...whatever lol

all im saying is that....you dont hear this about tom brady...but maybe thats because hes just different lol

i remember hearing a story, not long ago, about when kyle van noy arrived via trade..hes walking down a hall and brady sees him and walks up to hiim "hi, nice to meet you..im tom brady"....and van noy was like "ha, no sheet".....this was from van noy too...he couldnt believe the guy actually walks up to introduce himself....

im starting to think brady let ben win a couple of super bowls because he just felt bad for him

Tawwmy is the ultimate team guy. He was taking team discounts even before he and Giselle were married and were

just side banging while the GF was prego with his first kid ( sorry had to throw that in there, wouldn't be a true hater without saying something negative about Tawmy B)) James Harrison said that when he went over to NE he wanted so badly to hate him but it was impossible. I don't think you can compare anyone to Tom. He's unique in every facet of the game on and off the field. 

As I've mentioned before Ben is far from perfect but as a HOF QB like you said, you get a much longer leash than others. He's taken his share of team friendly deals/ restructures etc. 

And again the guys coming out of the woodwork saying this stuff, let's pause for a second and say who the hell are these guys? I've taken poops that were longer than Josh Harris' career with Pittsburgh. AB , we've seen his true colors I think we all agree at this point that he's loonie  ( not the Canadian 1$ loonie). And to be honest , what is told Haley doing calling a run play with the lead when it can be kneeled out? Was Ben right ? Not in how he did it , should have called.an audible and kneeled it out then after the game said to Haley,  listen Todd, I'm a 2 time SB champ, you're not, we aren't running the ball in this spot we are ending the game. I think a HOF QB with two rings has that discretion.

On another note, you guys are my only source or venting on this stuff LOL

I know im the only Steeler fan on this forum ( haven’t seen Menudo in a long time) and most wont care but its really driving me nuts all this talk in the football world about "oh the steelers a once storied franchise is in shambles, how could 2 stars just want to leave, something is wrong"   Ive already posted a while back about AB and his delusions, his 45 minute ESPN interview and what a farce that was and his many contradictions. Well now Bell gave a nice hot take story to ESPN about how bad the culture is in Pittsburgh for players and how bad his situation was there. Here's a nice rebuttal from the Pittsburgh Gazette calling out Bell on his BS.

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/paul-zeise/2019/03/21/le-veon-bell-jets-steelers-sports-illustrated-interview/stories/201903210107

one thing not mentioned is how he talked about not having an opportunity and spreading the ball around. This is a guy that held out leaving 14.5 mil on the table because he wanted to be paid like a RB and WR2 because he felt he was being run into the ground, he didn't want to play on the tag because he didn't want to get another 400 touches without a long term deal.. like GTF outta here.. this whole steelers disfunction BS is about 2 players "getting mines" over wanting to play ball and caring about their legacy as all time greats for an all time great franchise. 

Some great comments at the end of the article

Steelers organization "doesn't treat you like a human being." Why don't you run that one past Ryan Shazier.

my rant for the day. Is it September yet ?

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 9:54 PM, 40Rocket said:

I'm not touching Ju Ju this year. Can you say double team. I need too see him do it without Brown. Some one will take Ju Ju in late 1st. Early 2nd. I bet ya..

I'll take him late 1st or early 2nd.  But I'm biased.

They still have Conner in the backfield, Vance McDonald at TE (with no real competition now that James has been traded).  Steelers are great at developing WR's.  Who knows, with Donte Moncrief now in the ranks, he could re-emerge.

3 hours ago, scoop55 said:

I'll take him late 1st or early 2nd.  But I'm biased.

They still have Conner in the backfield, Vance McDonald at TE (with no real competition now that James has been traded).  Steelers are great at developing WR's.  Who knows, with Donte Moncrief now in the ranks, he could re-emerge.

I love Juju but not as much as you. That's pretty bullish. Maybe 4th round for me, maybe. 

4 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I love Juju but not as much as you. That's pretty bullish. Maybe 4th round for me, maybe. 

Wuh?  JuJu had 111 catches, 1,426 yards, and 7 touchdowns last year.  He won't make it past the second round in any fantasy drafts this year.  I'll be giddy if I can land him at the end of the second round.

Edited by michaelredd9

39 minutes ago, michaelredd9 said:

Wuh?  JuJu had 111 catches, 1,426 yards, and 7 touchdowns last year.  He won't make it past the second round in any fantasy drafts this year.  I'll be giddy if I can land him at the end of the second round.

He's gonna draw the number one CB and double teams at times. He never had to deal with that before. I can't blame anyone for taking him in the second but I'm still in RB mode then. I've typical been able to win by streaming my WR'S. I'm not as high on that position as some. But I certainly understand, he's a stud. 

On 3/22/2019 at 6:39 PM, michaelredd9 said:

It wouldn't surprise me if Kraft has been paying Brady under the table.  It would be super easy to do.  And I don't think they would have any moral qualms about it.

If it is that easy I'd suspect many teams are doing it. Most teams have little morality if it helps them win.

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

If it is that easy I'd suspect many teams are doing it. Most teams have little morality if it helps them win.

But there could always be deals on the backside. Wait till Tommy is paid 20 million for a Gillette commercial when he retires or is on the Board of Directors. Happens all the time. 

19 hours ago, League_Champion said:

But there could always be deals on the backside. Wait till Tommy is paid 20 million for a Gillette commercial when he retires or is on the Board of Directors. Happens all the time. 

You have some actual real life examples of it happening, since it happens all the time there should be many of them that are easy to document. 

Or was that just your opinion, and not a fact that can be supported with evidence. 

51 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

You have some actual real life examples of it happening, since it happens all the time there should be many of them that are easy to document. 

Or was that just your opinion, and not a fact that can be supported with evidence. 

What is this the Mueller probe? Calm down Steve, your way uptight as usual. This a forum, do you know what that is? 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Yeah that's interesting, what are the rules there about public disclosure?  I am sure the agent doesn't want it, nor the NFL teams, but is it illegal?