[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Antonio Brown to the Raiders

Wpob

Traded for a third and a fifth round pick.

Brown also has secured a new contract. Brown's total compensation for the next three years has increased from $38.925 million to $50.125 million, while his guaranteed money has gone from $0 to $30.125 million. 

I am guessing the Steelers just wanted to get rid of him already and would take whatever they could get.  It's no shock its the Raiders.  I still don't think Gruden has any idea what he is doing - rebuild or reload.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

They took on a lot of money for a 31 year old headache. For a team rebuilding it's an odd move.. they don't seem to have a plan. 

they still have their 3 first rounders(thats if gruden can resist trading up to secure murray lol)....its really not all that odd of a move....i mean, yeah, it sort of doesnt fit in with the whole "rebuilding" thing....but that offense has/had a serious lack of high end talent...this gives them a little....something to get the fanbase a little excited about while they doing the rebuilding....it could all go south real quick if they are losing alot and hes not getting his numbers....but its worth a shot for them...they dont have much to lose

23 minutes ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

they still have their 3 first rounders(thats if gruden can resist trading up to secure murray lol)....its really not all that odd of a move....i mean, yeah, it sort of doesnt fit in with the whole "rebuilding" thing....but that offense has/had a serious lack of high end talent...this gives them a little....something to get the fanbase a little excited about while they doing the rebuilding....it could all go south real quick if they are losing alot and hes not getting his numbers....but its worth a shot for them...they dont have much to lose

It's not a bad deal for the Raiders, it just doesn't make sense. They aren't an Antonio Brown away from hoisting the Trophy. That trade capital could have been used elsewhere to fill some of those voids they have. I don't see this marriage ending well. 

1 minute ago, League_Champion said:

It's not a bad deal for the Raiders, it just doesn't make sense. They aren't an Antonio Brown away from hoisting the Trophy. That trade capital could have been used elsewhere to fill some of those voids they have. I don't see this marriage ending well. 

eh....3rd rounders are good trade pieces....and yeah sometimes they turn out to be valuable contributors...but alot of 3rd rounders are also out of the league within years or playing somewhere else......brown is a known entity....theres no guess work on him

and they have still what? 4 picks in the top 35 or 36 or whatever? yeah they arent a brown away from winning...but it gives the fans something on a team without any real top end talent

alot also depends on what teams were in on brown too....youd think naturally theyd want him out of the conference....but what nfc teams were really in on brown? we dont really know....it says alot that they went to an afc team....but at least the afc team they did go to appears to be a ways away from being really competitive

2 minutes ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

eh....3rd rounders are good trade pieces....and yeah sometimes they turn out to be valuable contributors...but alot of 3rd rounders are also out of the league within years or playing somewhere else......brown is a known entity....theres no guess work on him

and they have still what? 4 picks in the top 35 or 36 or whatever? yeah they arent a brown away from winning...but it gives the fans something on a team without any real top end talent

alot also depends on what teams were in on brown too....youd think naturally theyd want him out of the conference....but what nfc teams were really in on brown? we dont really know....it says alot that they went to an afc team....but at least the afc team they did go to appears to be a ways away from being really competitive

If a 3rd & 5th was the best offer than hardly anyone was interested. Nobody wanted that baggage on an aging WR. I certainly wouldn't of redone his deal.

1 minute ago, League_Champion said:

If a 3rd & 5th was the best offer than hardly anyone was interested. Nobody wanted that baggage on an aging WR. I certainly wouldn't of redone his deal.

if any fanbase can agree with it its the raiders...hes a misfit and they are ok with that in general....they can stomach it and the raiders can afford to pay him....they had/have space....

its says "obviously we tore things down and are rebuilding...but were trying and were committed to getting this right and winning...we just brought in the best wr in the game(arguably)..see"?

i dunno...its not my team...neither side in this trade is....i just dont see the downside for the raiders...i mean...ya theres a little...but not much...other than having to forcefeed this guy 15 targets a game lol

It goes to show how toxic the relationship got. The believe it's addition by subtraction. Most fans agree.we just want the drama to end and if it doesn't well then I guess Tomlin will be next which I think he is anyway unless they have a remarkable turn around