[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trent Brown signs with Oakland for $66 million

Shaft

its like 36 or something guaranteed...thats really all that counts...i hate these "inflated" numbers thrown out by agents....

good on him though....pretty much figured someone was coming with a good deal for him ....basically like 2 year of big money and they can pretty much be done with him after that....

great mauler...wasnt bad in pass pro either...not bad for a guy switching from RT...and a 7th round pick

2 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

I don't really understand these huge dollar signings for good but not great players when the blueprint set by BB is to exactly not do that? You get 80% of the production from cheap players and then put money only on key guys. 

Exactly right. Look at what that bum Nate Solder got pain in NY. He was terrible.

15 hours ago, purplemonster said:

I don't really understand these huge dollar signings for good but not great players when the blueprint set by BB is to exactly not do that? You get 80% of the production from cheap players and then put money only on key guys. 

Everybody wants to go play for BB and the Pats and maybe win a ring, fewer guys want to go to places like Jets, Bills, Cardinals, Raiders, etc.

BB's model also works better with a HOF QB, and solid players in many other key positions. How many NFL teams have that going for them?

9 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Everybody wants to go play for BB and the Pats and maybe win a ring, fewer guys want to go to places like Jets, Bills, Cardinals, Raiders, etc.

BB's model also works better with a HOF QB, and solid players in many other key positions. How many NFL teams have that going for them?

It's true he has some advantages that other teams don't have.  He's been getting Brady at a major discount for years.  And this Trent Brown contract is not the worst I have heard.  The guaranteed money is not astronomical.  But the fact he was paying the guy 1.8 when he signs for 37 million guaranteed or whatever is no joke, he knows what he is doing. 

Edited by purplemonster