Sign in to follow this  
Gourdeau

Jets

Loading up. Barr now Mosely. 

• Like 1

Barr backed out.  Used the Jets to up the offer from the Vikings.  Very similar to what Cousins did to the Jets and Maccagnan last year.  Mike Maccagnan gets used more than a cheap hooker during shore leave.

The Jets agreed to a whopping five-year, $85 million deal with linebacker C.J. Mosley, formerly of the Ravens, in the early hours of Tuesday morning.

There is no doubt that Mosley is a good player (four Pro Bowls) and instantly makes the Jets better. However, that is a lot of money to give to an inside linebacker. I’d like to see the full details of the contract, but any way you slice it, that is a huge deal. The previous high for an inside linebacker was a $12.3 million average per year that Luke Kuechly got from the Panthers. Mosley’s $17 million per year blows that out of the water.

Lots of big contracts being thrown around.  Barr isn't worth it if you ask me unless they can turn him into a pass rushing monster.  Kind of a liability in coverage.  And I get the feeling once he gets paid his effort may not be strong.  Jets may have gotten away with one. 

5 hours ago, Dcat said:

Barr backed out.

Now Jets fans can hate Barr as much as Packers fans hate him.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

Now Jets fans can hate Barr as much as Packers fans hate him.

Highly unprofessional to agree to a deal and then back out.  I hope his agent gets black listed for pulling that stunt.