[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Did Gruden just land Bell?

Dcat

Someone on the other Bell thread made a good point.  Apparently he has an "album dropping" tomorrow. 

No coincidence that he planned this for the first day of Free Agency.

He's waiting until tomorrow to make a big spectacle about the whole thing.

When a player is all about himself, vs. the team, IMO - it's  just another reason to stay away.

Edited by Dcat

8 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

The Raiders tie-in is because the tweeter is a former Raider?

I had to look him up, remembered his brother with the Packers and thought that was him. 

If true Gruden's going to have some huge egos to deal with. 

then again, there is this, which points to the NY Jets:  New Jet Kelechi Osemele and his latest two follows (jamaal Adams and Lev Bell)

D1dz7f_WwAAV-Kr.jpg

Oakland beat writers now saying the the Raiduhs are "out" of the Bell sweepstakes and that it is down to Ravens, Bears and Jets.

ugh.  As a Jets fan I would rather the Jets sign Paradis 1st and if there is enough money left only then consider Bell.  He's a replaceable RB for pete's sake.  Everyone saw that last year. 

2 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

i don't understand why Paradis is even a FA. Is he asking "too" much? Our OL needs help, so let the best guy leave?

i've thought all along he should stick with Denver.  Maybe it's the money or maybe the injury he suffered last year is still lingering...  don't know, but I'll do back flips if the Jets get him.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Dcat said:

This just happened. Bell just changed his twitter profile color to a very close approximation of the new Jets green (lighter than the old Hunter green)

D1d-ngpXcAA4bXH.jpg

Darnold thumbs up.gif

Edited by Dcat

14 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Rather that than going to BAL, tide is turning in AFC North, Browns improving and the other 3 all have major problems. 

Talk to me when they have a .500 season.

When you win 0 or 1 game for  a few years, there is only ONE way to go.....and that's up!

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, scoop55 said:

Talk to me when they have a .500 season.

When you win 0 or 1 game for  a few years, there is only ONE way to go.....and that's up!

Talk to me when you've supported a team thru thick and thin, mostly thin including the 20 years since they returned to the NFL. Many Steeler fans jumped on board in the 70s, or during more recent success. Few were around during the bad years, like the 80s when the Browns were a dominant team in the AFC Central, and went to 3 AFC title games. 

PS  They were 7-8-1 last year, that is pretty dang close to .500, maybe you missed it while the Steelers were busy self destructing. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Bell probably gives the Ravens a small discount since it gives him a chance to play Steelers twice a year. (I bet some former teammates on defense will be looking forward to that as well.)

I can't imagine he's taking a discount anywhere. He bet on himself last year and lost his ass. He's got a lot of lost revenue to make up. 

5 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I can't imagine he's taking a discount anywhere. He bet on himself last year and lost his ass. He's got a lot of lost revenue to make up. 

If the difference in the two offers is pretty small, he might take less to have the chance to stick it to his former team. That is what I meant by a discount.