[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

OBJ to Browns

Big John

11 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

They didn't get better and it's not exactly a great offensive draft. The Giants defense will be a turnstile this year. I don't understand why they didn't get the QB last season when there were some good ones available.

dude...i know youre an eagles fan...just relax...i dont like the giants all that much either lol

they werent making this deal to "get better" short term...not all deals are meant to "get better" on that day

the giants now have 6, 17, the 5th pick of the 2nd round and a 3rd they didnt previously have i believe

they have a back to put up 2k total yards on a complete sheeet team....who is a bonafide stud/monster/whatever superlative you want to use

they also have engram and shepard who arent all that bad

lets say they really like haskins...they can sit there at 6 and nab him..if they want to really feel comfy i think they can probably use that 3rd and move up a few spots to secure him....

they could potentially land a defensive player at 17....or even a wr...who is younger, cheaper and on a better deal than beckham albeit probably not as talented.....if they do defense they could potentially land a quality wr prospect early in the 2nd that they have their eye on...or they could land two defensive starters at 17 and the 2nd round......alot of things they can do.....i dont think this deal was meant to make them better today

• Like 1

I think Baker Mayfield is going to be a great quarterback.  And I think that Odell might be the best wide receiver in the league, if not ever.  But their styles don't mesh well.  Odell is most dominant over the middle of the field.  He glides across the middle with the grace of Jerry Rice and goes vertical like Michael Jordan.  Over the middle, his combination of grace, speed, verticality, and dexterity is unprecedented for a wide receiver.  But Baker Mayfield might be too short to pass over the middle effectively like a Tom Brady or Peyton Manning or Eli Manning.  I think Antonio Brown would have been a better receiver for Baker.  Antonio is an expert receiver close to the sideline.  Baker can throw to the sideline without having tall offensive lineman obstructing his vision.  Baker is mobile and can extend plays.  Odell will get a lot of receptions on broken plays.  But this marriage isn't perfect.

I am over the top elated with this signing. I was a tad bit down on also giving up Peppers but he's an up and coming, not an already there. If we sign Earl Thomas, great. I bet we go LB in the 2nd now, if we don't trade back into the 1st. S and CB will need addressed this draft as well. I can't remember when I was so excited to watch this team. I saw the disgust in Giants fans tweets...they didn't get enough. They got what the could to remove him, like the Steelers and AB, which makes the signing of OBJ last year all the more head scratching. 

Mayfield's mobility will help the playmaking ability of OBJ, not hinder it. 4400 yds and 33 TDs for him this season. 

When you can strip down your team to an over-the-hill QB and a stud RB, you do it, apparently.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, League_Champion said:

"We didn't sign Odell to trade him. That's all I need to say about that." -- Giants GM Dave Gettleman, literally six days ago

GMs say that kind of stuff all the time, doesn't mean they just suddenly changed their mind are are totally clueless as some like to portray (especially fans of other NFCE teams). 

12 hours ago, Shaft said:

Where is Stevegrab for the homer perspective? Dude is already getting his Superbowl tickets. 

I was in the dark as usual, if I'm not on here or another sports site I'm on I miss a lot of news. Don't get any feeds or stuff on the phone. Was home and watching stuff on my DVR and Youtube, then watched 11PM news and was like :o:yay: 

Total shock, was not a fan of trying to acquire him last year when there was talk about him, and the price is pretty steep but it makes them a serious contender now and for years to come. With rest of AFCN in decline the future is bright. Now if we could just get Brady/Bill to retire.

PS  Good point on Calloway, the RB/WR/TE group is amazing. OL is strong, Baker is going to have a field day with this team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, loaf said:

I am over the top elated with this signing. I was a tad bit down on also giving up Peppers but he's an up and coming, not an already there. If we sign Earl Thomas, great. I bet we go LB in the 2nd now, if we don't trade back into the 1st. S and CB will need addressed this draft as well. I can't remember when I was so excited to watch this team. I saw the disgust in Giants fans tweets...they didn't get enough. They got what the could to remove him, like the Steelers and AB, which makes the signing of OBJ last year all the more head scratching. 

Mayfield's mobility will help the playmaking ability of OBJ, not hinder it. 4400 yds and 33 TDs for him this season. 

When you can strip down your team to an over-the-hill QB and a stud RB, you do it, apparently.

I'm actually considering attending a game or two, after spending most of 2016/17 turning games off in disgust. I

had season tickets for about 15 years sandwiched around the Modell's defection to Baltimore, but haven't paid to attend a game in probably 10 years (just a couple free tickets).

• Like 1