[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

OBJ to Browns

Big John

2 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Yep will be a harder ticket to get, and I really have gotten used to the comfort of watching at home. 

It will is hard to beat especially with red zone channel and fantasy zone I have 3 screens on the go usually those 2 channels going and the third i'll lock onto the Steelers

16 hours ago, LordOpie said:

how is CLE's OL?

Was great last year but they lost Kevin Zeitler in the trade for Vernon so that might hurt but the Browns were looking to trade him to open up a spot on the line for their 2nd round pick last year.  We will see if that hurts them or not this year.

4 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Very few Browns fans are bandwagon fans, unlike many other teams (including Steelers, Pats, Packers, Cowboys). Sure some may be piling onto the train now, but there were many already there just waiting for our day to come. 

Agree. The Browns have always had a very loyal fan base. It's a good football town. 

4 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Very few Browns fans are bandwagon fans, unlike many other teams (including Steelers, Pats, Packers, Cowboys). Sure some may be piling onto the train now, but there were many already there just waiting for our day to come. 

On 3/13/2019 at 8:49 AM, stevegrab said:

I'm actually considering attending a game or two, after spending most of 2016/17 turning games off in disgust. I

had season tickets for about 15 years sandwiched around the Modell's defection to Baltimore, but haven't paid to attend a game in probably 10 years (just a couple free tickets).

• Haha 1

It was a hard sell. A terrible product + the bitterly cold lakefront stadium made the choice easy to stay home. I actually bought the Sunday ticket for a few years so I could watch my fantasy players instead of the entire Browns game...doesn't make me a bandwagon fan, just a realist. Everyone knew they were tanking...

On 3/12/2019 at 9:37 PM, michaelredd9 said:

I think Baker Mayfield is going to be a great quarterback.  And I think that Odell might be the best wide receiver in the league, if not ever.  But their styles don't mesh well.  Odell is most dominant over the middle of the field.  He glides across the middle with the grace of Jerry Rice and goes vertical like Michael Jordan.  Over the middle, his combination of grace, speed, verticality, and dexterity is unprecedented for a wide receiver.  But Baker Mayfield might be too short to pass over the middle effectively like a Tom Brady or Peyton Manning or Eli Manning.  I think Antonio Brown would have been a better receiver for Baker.  Antonio is an expert receiver close to the sideline.  Baker can throw to the sideline without having tall offensive lineman obstructing his vision.  Baker is mobile and can extend plays.  Odell will get a lot of receptions on broken plays.  But this marriage isn't perfect.

I think you are overthinking this. Mayfield has a gunslinger mentality. OBJ can beat anyone in a jump ball type scenario, and frequently he can beat any two guys in those scenarios. What's the point of having an all-world WR if your QB is too gun shy to let him make a play (think Brock Osweiler's impact on DeAndre Hopkins).

This marriage is closer to perfect than you've led on. The only argument you've really made here is that Mayfield is too short to throw slants and such over the middle, but Drew Brees is shorter than Mayfield and manages just fine with those routes. Again, I just think you've gotten too microscopic in the analysis. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/12/2019 at 9:37 PM, michaelredd9 said:

Odell is most dominant over the middle of the field.  He glides across the middle with the grace of Jerry Rice and goes vertical like Michael Jordan.  Over the middle, his combination of grace, speed, verticality, and dexterity is unprecedented for a wide receiver.

Your pretty hot on the Odell deal. You might want to take a cold shower.

19 hours ago, loaf said:

It was a hard sell. A terrible product + the bitterly cold lakefront stadium made the choice easy to stay home. I actually bought the Sunday ticket for a few years so I could watch my fantasy players instead of the entire Browns game...doesn't make me a bandwagon fan, just a realist. Everyone knew they were tanking...

I turned off probably half of the games during 2016-17 seasons in disgust. Some early season games I'd go for a motorcycle ride Sunday come home about 3-4PM, turn on the game and give up when it was ugly, moving on to other games.

I've never been a bandwagon fan of any team ever. I grew up in LA and supported the Dodgers mostly, Lakers also and Rams some (moved right before Raiders arrived). After moving to CLE 35 years ago I adopted my new home teams, especially the Browns and joined some friends for season tickets.

I just don't have much desire to attend the big crowd events, or like minded friends interested in the same. 

If michaelredd9 thought he was being funny and pointing out something about me and being a bandwagon fan he is as far off base as can be.