[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ingram to the Ravens

DMD

54 minutes ago, DMD said:

3 Years, $15M - good value for the Ravens

Yeah that's incredible value.  Those that were hoping Gus Edwards was going to be a huge steal past last season just went "doh".  Not sure what I'd think of this if I were a Ingram owner (dynasty) nor do I know where I'll slot him redraft-wise.  Seems like he went from a situation where he was sharing, but you could at least count on some TDs.... to a situation that may actually be even murkier.

This is an odd signing to me. It's not really much more than what the Saints supposedly we're offering and much less than what he was rumored to be drawing in offers. I'm wondering if Ingram was trying to hold out for more when the Saints signed Murray and he lost any leverage he had with the Ravens. Or possibly it was more about playing time and less about money. Either way I hate to see him leave. He means a lot to the Saints and fans both in and off the field. Murray is going to have some big shoes to fill and my bet is the Saints draft a guy or bring in a UDFA.

From a fantasy perspective I really don't know what to expect. Edwards looked pretty good towards the end of last season and certainly won't go away quietly. Even moreso I have no idea how Ingram will fit in with their new offense behind Jackson. I have both Edwards and Ingram on my fantasy squad and Ingram is an RFA. If I were looking at him as a bid prospect of have a really difficult time investing heavy, but I'm certain some will see high value there. Murky is a really good way of putting it. 

6 minutes ago, michaelredd9 said:

I can see Ingram getting a lot of carries and not a lot of receptions.

Ingram doesn't have a lot of wiggle in the open field, but he's actually a great reciever out of the backfield. The Ravens would be wise to make use of that. My guess is he's going to be a check down magnet. 

Edited by rajncajn

1 minute ago, rajncajn said:

Ingram doesn't have a lot of wiggle in the open field, but he's actually a great reciever out of the backfield. The Ravens would be wise to make use of that. 

They might do some scripted passing plays but Lamar isn't they type of quarterback to pass to his running back a lot.  Defenses being positioned to take away Lamar's running lanes will also be set to take away Ingram's receiving potential.  Running backs are most effective running downhill when paired with a highly mobile quarterback.  It's too bad for Ingram.  He could have put up some hugh reception totals if he had gone to a team with an immobile quarterback.