Big John

Hunt suspended 8 games

per NFLN.

is anyone surprised by this?

why is CLE trying to trade Duke?

so annoying that DEN didn't sign Hunt or any rumor that they considered it. Dude is 23 yo and going to be a top 10 RB for 3-4 years.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LordOpie said:

is anyone surprised by this?

why is CLE trying to trade Duke?

Who is reporting that CLE is trying to trade Duke?  When Dorsey was asked yesterday at a press conference believe he said Duke is on the roster now and we play with the guys on the roster, typical GM speak. He won't tell the NFL world that there is no way they'd even consider trading him, he's not dumb and listens to all offers. 

They might trade him, but I would suspect it would be right before the trade deadline, only if Chubb is healthy, they have confidence in the other RBs (Hilliard is decent), and feel Hunt will be ready quickly. That could leave them without either Duke or Hunt for 1-2 games based on trade deadline and NFL schedule.  (Trade deadline was Oct 30 last year, if similar this year that's week 8, depending on when Browns have their bye Hunt is available week 9 or 10.)

I think it's more important that they keep him on the roster for insurance. I realize they want to maximize his value but they aren't going to get much in return anyhow. Maybe a 4 or 5 if lucky. There are way too many good running backs available.

21 hours ago, LordOpie said:

Mary Kay Cabot is a hack sports writer never has a scoop and does mostly sensationalist drama based BS stories. Most Browns fans ignore and laugh at her. The other source mentions teams that have an interest in Duke, that isn't the same as Browns shopping him.

Dorsey gets asked about it I never hear him say they are shopping Duke, but they aren't dumb and listen to offers.

15 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Mary Kay Cabot is a hack sports writer never has a scoop and does mostly sensationalist drama based BS stories. Most Browns fans ignore and laugh at her. The other source mentions teams that have an interest in Duke, that isn't the same as Browns shopping him.

Dorsey gets asked about it I never hear him say they are shopping Duke, but they aren't dumb and listen to offers.

Yawn, thanks for the breaking news Steve. I had no idea that they'd listen to all offers. That's a great new concept huh?

• Haha 1

On 3/16/2019 at 12:16 PM, League_Champion said:

Yawn, thanks for the breaking news Steve. I had no idea that they'd listen to all offers. That's a great new concept huh?

:moon: