[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hunt suspended 8 games

Big John

• Big John changed the title to Hunt suspended 8 games
2 hours ago, LordOpie said:

is anyone surprised by this?

why is CLE trying to trade Duke?

Who is reporting that CLE is trying to trade Duke?  When Dorsey was asked yesterday at a press conference believe he said Duke is on the roster now and we play with the guys on the roster, typical GM speak. He won't tell the NFL world that there is no way they'd even consider trading him, he's not dumb and listens to all offers. 

They might trade him, but I would suspect it would be right before the trade deadline, only if Chubb is healthy, they have confidence in the other RBs (Hilliard is decent), and feel Hunt will be ready quickly. That could leave them without either Duke or Hunt for 1-2 games based on trade deadline and NFL schedule.  (Trade deadline was Oct 30 last year, if similar this year that's week 8, depending on when Browns have their bye Hunt is available week 9 or 10.)

21 hours ago, LordOpie said:

Mary Kay Cabot is a hack sports writer never has a scoop and does mostly sensationalist drama based BS stories. Most Browns fans ignore and laugh at her. The other source mentions teams that have an interest in Duke, that isn't the same as Browns shopping him.

Dorsey gets asked about it I never hear him say they are shopping Duke, but they aren't dumb and listen to offers.

15 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Mary Kay Cabot is a hack sports writer never has a scoop and does mostly sensationalist drama based BS stories. Most Browns fans ignore and laugh at her. The other source mentions teams that have an interest in Duke, that isn't the same as Browns shopping him.

Dorsey gets asked about it I never hear him say they are shopping Duke, but they aren't dumb and listen to offers.

Yawn, thanks for the breaking news Steve. I had no idea that they'd listen to all offers. That's a great new concept huh?

• Haha 2

• 3 months later...

Per Rotoworld:

The Cleveland Plain Dealer reports Kareem Hunt was questioned outside a Cleveland bar on Saturday night, but that no charges were filed.

A police spokeswoman told the Plain Dealer that "no police report, body camera video or other documentation exists related to any incident involving Hunt." The bar's owner said he was unaware of any physical altercation. These sort of incidents have a way of never dying, but it certainly sounds like this is the last we will hear of this. Any additional legal issues would have Hunt, who is suspended for the first eight games of the season, in danger of an indefinite ban.

Jul 1, 2019, 3:27 PM ET

Nothing to see here, just TMZ looking for some dirt on Hunt. 

The whole thing was a minor disagreement with a friend of his, that occurred outside the club. We don't even know if he was drinking (he was supposed to be getting treatment for his alcohol and anger issues). 

Of course the angry mob of Cleveland sports fans who didn't want him signed to begin with are going nuts over this and saying the team should cut him immediately before he ends up a bigger distraction and possibly gets suspended longer. 

I will continue to trust John Dorsey. 

On 7/2/2019 at 5:22 PM, boltnlava said:

Agreed.

Plain Dealer/cleveland.com Browns beat writer Mary Kay Cabot (MKC) still talking like there is some realistic chance he is suspended for more games, all wrapped up in stories about the Duke Johnson "I want to be traded, now I fired my agent whose rapper husband has a big mouth on social media". 

I miss real sports reporting, so much of it is drama filled BS. And when MKC does have sports news its always with some other NFL insider like Ian Rappaport as the source, with all the real details. She's the worst, not sure how she has a job (other than the attention I see every Browns story online get, hundreds of comments in no time, only stories about Trump get more).