[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tyreek Hill again...

loaf

2 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

guys guys guys... it's all okay, as long as he's honest. It's okay to beat women and children, as long as you're open about it.

clever.  a little.

Edited by Dcat

3 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

not really. It's more fact than anything else. AP admits to still beating his son. Hunt was *only* fired because he lied to the team.

I agree it's BS. But you know the routine. We don't get a vote on how they handle these situations. Go petition the league. I'll certainly sign it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

He's looking at real jail time and possibly never playing again. Breaking a child's arm in a fit of rage is no joke. He's facing multiple charges if true.

Indeed.  I'm waiting for the facts.

1 hour ago, LordOpie said:

how mgt acts is just as relevant as how players act. So, it's valuable to know which teams are way more tolerant than others. If Tyreek tells the truth, KC will stand behind him and welcome him back after suspension encouraing Mahomes to throw to HIll.

Man, you are so wrong here.

KC WILL cut him. Clark Hunt will not tolerate it.

As for Kareem Hunt, you can hang your hat and your shtick all you want on the lying thing, but neither you or I or anyone but the Chiefs and Kareem Hunt really know what went on between them behind closed doors. Pick apart a press release if you want - that's your personal crusade against verbiage. But enough of this crap about management styles and blah blah blah.

The Chiefs took appropriate action with Hunt and they will do the same with Hill.

Edited by Chief Dick
  • Thanks 1

People crack me up when they generalize NFL players like they're all the same. On any given day, there are approximately 1,696 players on rosters and because of a few incidents a year the players are generalized to be "abusers, thugs, pimps, etc." 99.9% of the league appears to stay out of legal trouble, but people like to focus on that .1%. 

Edited by Shaft
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, millworkguy said:

I wonder how many of these guys where abused as kids, not excusing it, but i think alot of todays perpetrators where yesterday's victims.....

Learned behavior 

5 hours ago, League_Champion said:

I'm sure that has a lot to do with it. 

Just as many as non-NFL citizens.

On 3/15/2019 at 6:18 PM, Shaft said:

People crack me up when they generalize NFL players like they're all the same. On any given day, there are approximately 1,696 players on rosters and because of a few incidents a year the players are generalized to be "abusers, thugs, pimps, etc." 99.9% of the league appears to stay out of legal trouble, but people like to focus on that .1%. 

Pretty sure I read an analysis that of men of a similar demographic it was something around 50% of the criminal or conviction rate.  Some of that may be due to their high earning status and ability to avoid charges though 

13 hours ago, purplemonster said:

Pretty sure I read an analysis that of men of a similar demographic it was something around 50% of the criminal or conviction rate.  Some of that may be due to their high earning status and ability to avoid charges .

NFL men? That would be an interesting read.

3 hours ago, Shaft said:

NFL men? That would be an interesting read.

One of just a few articles I found (searched for "PROFESSIONAL athlete crime rates") that includes this similar stat.

"• According to the FBI, the NFL arrest rate is 1 in 45. The national average for non-players is 1 in 23."

I've read similar stories, and was surprised at first. Then I consider the many hundreds of players we hear nothing about. But they are celebrities so they're big news. Another story mentioned a study that confirmed the above fact, but also showed that during some years NFL players had a higher rate of violent crime than the average person, a statistically significant increase. Numbers were not found easily and didn't have time to read that one fully. 

2 hours ago, stevegrab said:

One of just a few articles I found (searched for "PROFESSIONAL athlete crime rates") that includes this similar stat.

"• According to the FBI, the NFL arrest rate is 1 in 45. The national average for non-players is 1 in 23."

I've read similar stories, and was surprised at first. Then I consider the many hundreds of players we hear nothing about. But they are celebrities so they're big news. Another story mentioned a study that confirmed the above fact, but also showed that during some years NFL players had a higher rate of violent crime than the average person, a statistically significant increase. Numbers were not found easily and didn't have time to read that one fully. 

Thanks, so based on this they're arrested at half the rate of non-nfl players. Obviously, arrest only is only a small piece of the picture, but it does support the idea that most of them seem to be well behaved. 

I did some further research:

image.thumb.png.477bc9a805e025da85023a1ec6111b60.png

Edited by Shaft

• DMD locked this topic