[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tyreek Hill again...

loaf

Per Rotoworld:

An anonymous Chiefs official believes any Tyreek Hill suspension would be a "maximum" of four games.

Hill had an eight-hour meeting with league investigators on Wednesday. Per "multiple sources with knowledge of the situation," the meeting was considered "a successful one for Hill as he provided the NFL a massive amount of evidence to support his testimony." Per The Athletic's Nate Taylor, Hill is fully expected to join the Chiefs for the beginning of training camp next month.

1 hour ago, Wolverines Fan said:

Per Rotoworld:

An anonymous Chiefs official believes any Tyreek Hill suspension would be a "maximum" of four games.

Hill had an eight-hour meeting with league investigators on Wednesday. Per "multiple sources with knowledge of the situation," the meeting was considered "a successful one for Hill as he provided the NFL a massive amount of evidence to support his testimony." Per The Athletic's Nate Taylor, Hill is fully expected to join the Chiefs for the beginning of training camp next month.

I read this too and just can't believe this garbage. Kareem Hunt kicks a woman and gets booted from the team and suspended 8 games. Ok.

This a-hole breaks his kid's arm and this is the punishment they're floating? Josh Gordon doesn't hurt anyone other than himself and can't get into the league. Ok. Makes perfect sense.

Anyone remember Adrian Peterson?

3 hours ago, LordOpie said:

you're allowed to abuse women and child, you're just not allowed to have video or photo evidence. AP admits he still beats his kid, but until there's video that the public can be outraged by, the NFL will turn a blind eye.

And yet here you are, still playing fantasy leagues and giving the NFL what they want (clicks, ratings, whatever gets them $).  Sad to say, but as long as you keep supporting the system while you rage on you're not going to get far brother.

• Thanks 1

If he doesn't get suspended there will be some upset people for sure.  A kid's arm got broken under suspicious circumstances yet nobody seems to know how.  I think most of us assume Tyreek was being aggressive and somewhere in there the kid broke it, either from the jerk or from something the kid did to get away.  I am all for innocent until proven guilty and reasonable doubt, but no punishment would probably not be well received.  If he has some sort of exculpatory evidence or something then forget what I said.  

5 hours ago, LordOpie said:

I can still have an opinion on scum bags like AP and Ben. I won't have rapists or abusers on my teams. I'm also allow to form an opinion and think that what Kareem did wasn't that bad, comparatively. I also don't care about Ray Rice since the stupid bitch married him. She deserves the beating... that's one situation where one person can make a chance, but she voluntarily entered the lion's den.

And others can have opinions about your opinions and will even judge you for them...especially when you say stupid manure like that.  I'll leave you to your hypocrisy.    

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, LordOpie said:

yeah, but the system is so broken that if you are innocent and you get your day in court, it would bankrupt most people. Also, this isn't the legal system, so the NFL and NFLPA can do what they want. I'd be having a difficult time right now if I was a KC fan.

I completely agree with you that the system is broken when you have to choose sometimes whether you want to be innocent and bankrupt or guilty and still have money. I didn't mean a literal court of law but I was speaking more figuratively. The NFL is in kind of an awkward position where there are no pressed charges, so they are left to decipher on their own how to discipline people which they've clearly had difficulty with in the past. Ray Rice was only suspended 2 games until video came out, then basically his career was over.  The Ezekiel Elliott thing was a mess. Adrian Peterson's was more straightforward. Tom Brady's was a mess. I  wouldn't necessarily enjoy the position they are in, trying to sort out the truth in he-said/she-said or otherwise murky cases. But at the same time if they don't punish them there's a cloud that hangs over the league and their credibility takes a hit.  Tyreek saying on tape that she should be scared of him, after he's been prosecuted in the past for punching her while pregnant will probably earn him a suspension no matter what.  That's my sense. 

Edited by purplemonster
  • Like 1

I think he gets a longer suspension than the 4 games that is rumored.  At least 6 games.  And I don't think he will get a new contract.  The Chiefs are already going to receive a lot of blowback.  They aren't going to add to that chitstorm by giving him a massive new contract.  At best he'll get a verbal agreement that he'll be taken care of next offseason.

Edited by michaelredd9

9 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

I think he gets a longer suspension than the 4 months that is rumored.  At least 6 games.  And I don't think he will get a new contract.  The Chiefs are already going to receive a lot of blowback.  They aren't going to add to that chitstorm by giving him a massive new contract.  At best he'll get a verbal agreement that he'll be taken care of next offseason.

I agree but for me 6 games isn't enough either. I'd love to see the NFL ramp up these suspensions and fines. 

15 hours ago, LordOpie said:

well, at least I'm not saying it's okay to beat a child. I sure hope you don't have any.

WTF is wrong with you?  Link to where anyone said beating a child is acceptable? 

Know what nevermind, you are not worth the effort.  I hope you'll be better in the future, but I won't be viewing your posts anymore. 

• Like 3

On 6/28/2019 at 9:31 PM, stethant said:

I read this too and just can't believe this garbage. Kareem Hunt kicks a woman and gets booted from the team and suspended 8 games. Ok.

This a-hole breaks his kid's arm and this is the punishment they're floating? Josh Gordon doesn't hurt anyone other than himself and can't get into the league. Ok. Makes perfect sense.

Anyone remember Adrian Peterson?

Josh Gordon repeatedly lied to team and NFL officials and broke rules over and over. Doesn't matter what the rule is, in this case it happened to be smoking pot, and in one case drinking (because his pot smoking got him in a bind and he was then required to stay sober). Players agree to all these rules they are in the CBA. They have given the league (NFL HQ and owners) the right to be judge and jury. 

Hunt's issue was video, just like Ray Rice. If there had been video of AP beating his kid I doubt he would have every played another down in the league. Same might be true of Vick. 

Until Hill is actually suspended we're just guessing what happens and believing others paid to speculate and offer their views. Why get outraged that the punishment isn't right, before its been decided?

On 6/30/2019 at 11:19 PM, Bobby Brown said:

You've made a wise choice. There used to be a day when these boards were super informational. It's gone another way. 

This 100%.

On 6/29/2019 at 11:00 PM, michaelredd9 said:

I think he gets a longer suspension than the 4 months that is rumored.  At least 6 games.  And I don't think he will get a new contract.  The Chiefs are already going to receive a lot of blowback.  They aren't going to add to that chitstorm by giving him a massive new contract.  At best he'll get a verbal agreement that he'll be taken care of next offseason.

You mean 4 games not 4 months

• Like 2

On 6/29/2019 at 10:00 PM, michaelredd9 said:

If he stays on the Chiefs, he won't get an extension yet. They can franchise tag him next year. They have Chris Jones contract to do first, and then Patrick Mahomes gets his after this season.

As for the suspension, this will be interesting to watch. The tide has turned a little bit here in KC, as it seems we haven't gotten the entire story. The assumption has been it was all Tyreek Hill, but his fiance is no peach either.

My guess is 4 games, but it wouldn't shock me if he got less than that. 

• 3 weeks later...

I thought he was lying on the tape.  His girlfriend didn't see what happened with their kid so that was easy to lie about.  I also think he was lying about what happened 5 years ago which seems stupid since his girlfriend knows exactly what he did.  But sometimes people will lie about things even when they are caught red handed.  Shaggy once sang a song about it.  I also found it annoying that he kept calling her "bro".  I would have suspended him for that alone.

No suspension and no fine. Thought there would be a fine and 4-6 game suspension.

This is royally :blink:

The 3 year old kid didn't break his own arm. 

Hill got away with one.

Edited by Wolverines Fan

• DMD locked this topic