[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I love the AAF

CowboysDiehard

I love watching this league.  The QB play is hit and miss, but it's just a bunch of fellas out there knocking heads hoping to get to the next level.  It beats the hell out of watching nascar in the spring.  It's a great concept, and I hope the NFL keeps it going.  Just sayin.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CowboysDiehard said:

I love watching this league.  The QB play is hit and miss, but it's just a bunch of fellas out there knocking heads hoping to get to the next level.  It beats the hell out of watching nascar in the spring.  It's a great concept, and I hope the NFL keeps it going.  Just sayin.

I tried watching week 1 but tuned out, it was pretty bad. Now that the NFL season is way behind us perhaps I'll give it another shot, why not? 

I'm into other things in the spring, sports car and Indy Car racing (have several races on my DVR). March Madness, etc. I love football and watch tons of NFL during the season, miss it as playoffs wind down, but am ready for other things too. 

I doubt this league will fare much better than others, eve if it propped up by cash from the NFL. With limited TV exposure (mostly all cable, with lots of it on more obscure CBS Sports Net), and far from great local team support. 

51 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

I'm into other things in the spring, sports car and Indy Car racing (have several races on my DVR). March Madness, etc. I love football and watch tons of NFL during the season, miss it as playoffs wind down, but am ready for other things too. 

I doubt this league will fare much better than others, eve if it propped up by cash from the NFL. With limited TV exposure (mostly all cable, with lots of it on more obscure CBS Sports Net), and far from great local team support. 

Agree, it still feels like a gimmick to me. 

3 hours ago, stevegrab said:

I'm into other things in the spring, sports car and Indy Car racing (have several races on my DVR). March Madness, etc. I love football and watch tons of NFL during the season, miss it as playoffs wind down, but am ready for other things too

This. I am ready for a break from football for a bit once the playoffs end. And yeah, college basketball, NBA and NHL playoffs, etc. nicely bridge the gap from end of NFL season through to near the beginning of NFL team OTAs

On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 4:57 AM, League_Champion said:

I tried watching week 1 but tuned out, it was pretty bad. Now that the NFL season is way behind us perhaps I'll give it another shot, why not? 

The play has gotten better as the season has progressed.  I don't plan my weekend around it, but I do enjoy watching it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CowboysDiehard said:

The play has gotten better as the season has progressed.  I don't plan my weekend around it, but I do enjoy watching it.

Same.  If I'm home and Flippin channels, I'll stop and watch for 30 minutes or so

• Like 1

Just now, Shorttynaz said:

Well, as most of figured, this league appears to be dead.. 

USA TODAY: AAF in danger of ending without NFLPA assistance

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/2019/03/27/alliance-of-american-football-aaf-tom-dundon-future-nflpa/3287922002/

The NFL needs to buy them out and make it an NFL farm system of some sort. Instead of practice squads it could be somewhere that they can develop young talent, etc. It will never happen because of the players union but I'd be more interested for sure.

1 hour ago, Shorttynaz said:

Well, as most of figured, this league appears to be dead.. 

USA TODAY: AAF in danger of ending without NFLPA assistance

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/2019/03/27/alliance-of-american-football-aaf-tom-dundon-future-nflpa/3287922002/

Another reason never to start following it. 

What a disaster, poorly setup to begin with, then take a big loan from somebody who has different ideas on how to run the league, who when he doesn't get his way pulls out and shuts the league down.

I feel bad for the little people who were counting on jobs with teams/league. Not the billionaire investors who clearly had more money than brains. 

20 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

I would think this would reduce the appetite for another professional football league for a long time. Maybe ever.  How many times are they going to try?

The XFL is set for a re-launch next year.