Sign in to follow this  
CowboysDiehard

I love the AAF

Recommended Posts

I love watching this league.  The QB play is hit and miss, but it's just a bunch of fellas out there knocking heads hoping to get to the next level.  It beats the hell out of watching nascar in the spring.  It's a great concept, and I hope the NFL keeps it going.  Just sayin.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, CowboysDiehard said:

I love watching this league.  The QB play is hit and miss, but it's just a bunch of fellas out there knocking heads hoping to get to the next level.  It beats the hell out of watching nascar in the spring.  It's a great concept, and I hope the NFL keeps it going.  Just sayin.

 

I tried watching week 1 but tuned out, it was pretty bad. Now that the NFL season is way behind us perhaps I'll give it another shot, why not? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm into other things in the spring, sports car and Indy Car racing (have several races on my DVR). March Madness, etc. I love football and watch tons of NFL during the season, miss it as playoffs wind down, but am ready for other things too. 

 

I doubt this league will fare much better than others, eve if it propped up by cash from the NFL. With limited TV exposure (mostly all cable, with lots of it on more obscure CBS Sports Net), and far from great local team support. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

I'm into other things in the spring, sports car and Indy Car racing (have several races on my DVR). March Madness, etc. I love football and watch tons of NFL during the season, miss it as playoffs wind down, but am ready for other things too. 

 

I doubt this league will fare much better than others, eve if it propped up by cash from the NFL. With limited TV exposure (mostly all cable, with lots of it on more obscure CBS Sports Net), and far from great local team support. 

 

Agree, it still feels like a gimmick to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't have CBS Sports or the NFL Network so you can guess how much I've seen  of this league. I missed the "free" opening weekend...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, stevegrab said:

I'm into other things in the spring, sports car and Indy Car racing (have several races on my DVR). March Madness, etc. I love football and watch tons of NFL during the season, miss it as playoffs wind down, but am ready for other things too

 

I doubt this league will fare much better than others, eve if it propped up by cash from the NFL. With limited TV exposure (mostly all cable, with lots of it on more obscure CBS Sports Net), and far from great local team support. 

 

This. I am ready for a break from football for a bit once the playoffs end. And yeah, college basketball, NBA and NHL playoffs, etc. nicely bridge the gap from end of NFL season through to near the beginning of NFL team OTAs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 4:57 AM, League_Champion said:

 

I tried watching week 1 but tuned out, it was pretty bad. Now that the NFL season is way behind us perhaps I'll give it another shot, why not? 

 

The play has gotten better as the season has progressed.  I don't plan my weekend around it, but I do enjoy watching it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CowboysDiehard said:

 

The play has gotten better as the season has progressed.  I don't plan my weekend around it, but I do enjoy watching it.

Same.  If I'm home and Flippin channels, I'll stop and watch for 30 minutes or so

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Shorttynaz said:

Well, as most of figured, this league appears to be dead.. 

 

USA TODAY: AAF in danger of ending without NFLPA assistance

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/2019/03/27/alliance-of-american-football-aaf-tom-dundon-future-nflpa/3287922002/

 

The NFL needs to buy them out and make it an NFL farm system of some sort. Instead of practice squads it could be somewhere that they can develop young talent, etc. It will never happen because of the players union but I'd be more interested for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shorttynaz said:

Well, as most of figured, this league appears to be dead.. 

 

USA TODAY: AAF in danger of ending without NFLPA assistance

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/2019/03/27/alliance-of-american-football-aaf-tom-dundon-future-nflpa/3287922002/

 

Another reason never to start following it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

 

Another reason never to start following it. 

Yeah agreed.  I just found it hard to care when I wasn't even sure if it'd be around very long.  Kinda like the USFL, XFL, arena football, etc etc 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 11:59 AM, stevegrab said:

 

Another reason never to start following it. 

 

Well...you'll die someday.  I probably should stop following you here too. :sad:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 2:12 PM, League_Champion said:

I take it back. I'm not even gonna try to watch this crap. Especially if it's gonna fold in a few weeks. 

 

C'mon!  Live for today, tomorrow may never come!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, CowboysDiehard said:

 

C'mon!  Live for today, tomorrow may never come!

 

Haha. But what if Curling is on instead? I surely can't miss that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, League_Champion said:

 

Haha. But what if Curling is on instead? I surely can't miss that.

 

I just googled women's curling.  Someone lock this thread, I'll be in my bunk for a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, CowboysDiehard said:

 

I just googled women's curling.  Someone lock this thread, I'll be in my bunk for a while.

 

YES!! It's my new favorite sport. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last night's game was DISMAL.  BUT....Cynthia Frelund…oh my...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And just like that, the ride is over... 

Screenshot_20190402-130013_Twitter.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a disaster, poorly setup to begin with, then take a big loan from somebody who has different ideas on how to run the league, who when he doesn't get his way pulls out and shuts the league down.

 

I feel bad for the little people who were counting on jobs with teams/league. Not the billionaire investors who clearly had more money than brains. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would think this would reduce the appetite for another professional football league for a long time. Maybe ever.  How many times are they going to try?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

I would think this would reduce the appetite for another professional football league for a long time. Maybe ever.  How many times are they going to try?

The XFL is set for a re-launch next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.