[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jordan Howard is an Eagle

michaelredd9

A conditional 6th round pick seems a bit low.  But not many teams want a bruising back that can't receive.  And Rotoworld calling him "low-floor" isn't accurate.  He is low-ceiling, high-floor.

Eagles acquired RB Jordan Howard from the Bears in exchange for a 2020 sixth-round pick.

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player-news

Per ESPN's Adam Schefter, it is a conditional pick that can become a sixth-rounder. It is not the lightest compensation, but it is certainly light. Howard now immediately slots in as the early-down leader in the Eagles' ever-crowded backfield. A complete zero as a pass catcher, Howard's job will be to grind between the tackles. Going on 25, Howard has seen his yards per carry slip from 5.2 as a rookie to 4.1 and 3.7 over the past two years. There will be no shortage of players waiting in the wings if he falters. As he was last year, Howard will be a low-floor RB2 in Philadelphia.

RELATED: 
Mar 28, 2019, 7:26 PM

21 minutes ago, Def. said:

It's all about the run blocking philosophy for Howard.  Does Philly run a power scheme or zone blocking? 

They are actually pretty good at both. When they needed to run the ball they could. Unfortunately at times Doug Pederson often neglected the run in favor of the short passing game. If he commits to the run this will be a good thing. 

10 hours ago, League_Champion said:

They are actually pretty good at both. When they needed to run the ball they could. Unfortunately at times Doug Pederson often neglected the run in favor of the short passing game. If he commits to the run this will be a good thing. 

Co-Sign!

On 3/29/2019 at 1:30 PM, Shaft said:

What does he have to do with the Howard situation? That's an honest question, no sarcasm or anything intended. 

Nothing, I got my low level fantasy RBs confused, its Tarik Cohen who I have from the Bears.

I piled up on these guys (Carson, Cohen, Coleman, McKinnon) and hoping 1-2 of them are worth a keeper slot next year. 

12 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Nothing, I got my low level fantasy RBs confused, its Tarik Cohen who I have from the Bears.

I piled up on these guys (Carson, Cohen, Coleman, McKinnon) and hoping 1-2 of them are worth a keeper slot next year. 

Ahhhh....makes sense now. Yes, I would be excited too.