darin3

ASJ to Pats

I assumed they were waiting until May 7th to sign him so as to not offset next year's compensatory picks.  But he's only getting the veteran minimum so it won't affect it.  I'm surprised he couldn't get $2-$3 million somewhere.  I'll definitely be targeting ASJ in the lower rounds as my 2nd or 3rd tight end (yep, I am willing to roster 3 tight ends).

Demaryius Thomas visited the Patriots today.  He would be a typical Belichick signing.  Ndamakong Suh would also be a typical Belichick signing.  It wouldn't surprising if the Patriots already have a deal in place with Suh but are waiting until May 7th to make it official.

6 minutes ago, michaelredd9 said:

I assumed they were waiting until May 7th to sign him so as to not offset next year's compensatory picks.  But he's only getting the veteran minimum so it won't affect it.  I'm surprised he couldn't get $2-$3 million somewhere.  I'll definitely be targeting ASJ in the lower rounds as my 2nd or 3rd tight end (yep, I am willing to roster 3 tight ends).

Demaryius Thomas visited the Patriots today.  He would be a typical Belichick signing.  Ndamakong Suh would also be a typical Belichick signing.  It wouldn't surprising if the Patriots already have a deal in place with Suh but are waiting until May 7th to make it official.

You think you'll actually be able to get him in the "lower rounds" as your 2nd / 3rd TE?  I would guess the masses are going to be on him like white on rice.  

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, darin3 said:

You think you'll actually be able to get him in the "lower rounds" as your 2nd / 3rd TE?  I would guess the masses are going to be on him like white on rice.  

Agreed. TEs are always a thin spot. Scouts have always been high on his talents, but now he is in a position where he can finally excel. 

Edited by Shaft

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, darin3 said:

I was thinking 12th -14th round but you're probably right that he'll go higher.  I don't think I'll be willing to use a 10th round pick or higher on him.  With signing for so little money, he might just be a warm body and might not even make the 53 man roster.  Jacob Hollister might be the better gamble and he currently doesn't even have an adp in MFL10s (366 players have adps).  And I think that the Patriots will use a first or second day pick on a tight end in the draft which will muddle things even more.

Edited by michaelredd9

14 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

I was thinking 12th -14th round but you're probably right that he'll go higher.  I don't think I'll be willing to use a 10th round pick or higher on him.  With signing for so little money, he might just be a warm body and might not even make the 53 man roster.  Jacob Hollister might be the better gamble and he currently doesn't even have an adp in MFL10s (366 players have adps).  And I think that the Patriots will use a first or second day pick on a tight end in the draft which will muddle things even more.

Yep with what they are paying him, his injury history (one season with 13 games, 9 or less every other year) hard to see him as the main TE they're going to lean on.

The Patriots must have something up their sleeve.  I have trouble believing that they are going to put all of their eggs into the ASJ basket.  It has been rumored that Kyle Rudolph could be headed to the Patriots since the Vikings are having salary cap issues.  Cameron Brate would also make sense going to the Patriots.

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player-news

JACOB HOLLISTERTE, SEATTLE SEAHAWKS

Seahawks acquired TE Jacob Hollister from the Patriots in exchange for a seventh-round pick in the 2020 NFL Draft.

Apr 29, 2019, 4:14 PM

24 minutes ago, michaelredd9 said:

The Patriots must have something up their sleeve.  I have trouble believing ...

I missed it, but my wife saw a "skit" (whatever they're called) during the draft where edelman and gronk ended it with edelman saying gronk would "unretire" and gronk shrugged his shoulders. In Dynasty, I've been trying to acquire him on the cheap since he announced his retirement since i doubted it. i bet he's just tired of the off-season work and will show up a week before preseason game 1

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LordOpie said:

I missed it, but my wife saw a "skit" (whatever they're called) during the draft where edelman and gronk ended it with edelman saying gronk would "unretire" and gronk shrugged his shoulders. In Dynasty, I've been trying to acquire him on the cheap since he announced his retirement since i doubted it. i bet he's just tired of the off-season work and will show up a week before preseason game 1

It wouldn't shock me at all if he's back. See if you can get him on the cheap, it's worth a shot. Only real cheap though. 

4 hours ago, LordOpie said:

i bet he's just tired of the off-season work and will show up a week before preseason game 1

I wonder if it's more the wear and tear of the regular season that he could be avoiding.  His body has taken a lot of punishment and seems to be breaking down.  If he comes back midseason and plays 4-6 games, it would minimize the impact on his body while allowing him to play in the Superbowl.  It's going to be tough keeping him rostered on a fantasy team if he hasn't returned before week 1.

Take Rudolph, please.  Although I assume we could just cut him.  7.5 million with no cap hit.  Doubt the Pats would consider paying him that