[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

theHuddle 2019 Mock Draft (selections only)

Dcat

7 minutes ago, Wpob said:

The Washington Redskins attempt to solve their never ending pursuit of a franchise quarterback and select Will Grier, QB - West Virginia.

@dcat is OTC

you took Lock for the skins in round 1.  Are you sure about this?

Edited by Dcat

25 minutes ago, Dcat said:

you took Lock for the skins in round 1.  Are you sure about this?

Sorry I completely spaced.  Pick has been changed.  

At pick #47, the Panthers believe that they finally have the answer for its incomplete WR corps.   Carolina WRs took a big hit when Kelvin Benjamin and, to a lesser extent, Devin Funchess flopped as big-bodied WRs.  They need one badly to complement DJ Moore and Curtis Samuel.  Also, it is likely that Torrey Smith will be cut because the Panthers are in cap hell at the moment and the biggest cap savings they could get without any dead money would be to cut his $5M salary ($5 million cap savings).  Butler is huge, fast and can be the guy that Benjamin and Funchess were supposed to be.

So the Panthers select WR Hakeem Butler, Iowa St

Dolphins OTC @jrokh

butler.jpg

Edited by Dcat

Oh it's great having a list where every pick is working out the way it was planned.  Nice job by @GREENBEAN.  Why can't I do that for myself?

With the 52nd pick of the draft, the Steelers take Deionte Thompson, S, Alabama.

deionte.jpg

Edited by Dcat

In addition to Mr. Greenbean, Mr. Wpob sent me his next pick while he enjoys an evening with family:

Eagles next pick: best safety available

any preference for strong safety type to free safety?  Or hybrid type? 

Hybrid preferable.  Thanks. 

hybrid = Rapp if hes there

And yes... Rapp is good in coverage combine 40 time be damned.  And he can thump you near the line as well. He's a true interchangeable safety.  He's arguably the most complete safety in the draft and perhaps the best character guy of all.  Great tackler in the open field, great instincts, great toughness and leadership.    I'd have him on my team if possible.

With the 53rd pick we seem to have a little safety run going, the Philadelphia Eagles select the S from Washington, Taylor Rapp

rapp.jpg

This is my last pick. I don't know if yall are continuing on to the 3rd round, but this is the end of the line for me. This was a blast doing this with all you fine Gentelman, and props to Dcat for putting this together. Good luck with all your teams on draft day (except philly, Washington and dallas of course). 

With the 56th pick in the 2019 Draft the World Champion New England Patriots select from the University of Massachusetts; WR Andy Isabella.

@Wpob the Iggles are on the clock.

Peace. 

Edited by jrokh

With the 57th pick in the NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles select Yondry Cajuste, OL from West Virginia.

With the 58th pick in the NFL Draft, the Dallas Cowboys select Safety Chauncey Gardner Johnson from Florida.  Sorry for the duplicate  Was going off the spreadsheet.

@Shorttynaz is OTC

Edited by Wpob

1 hour ago, jrokh said:

This is my last pick. I don't know if yall are continuing on to the 3rd round, but this is the end of the line for me. This was a blast doing this with all you fine Gentelman, and props to Dcat for putting this together. Good luck with all your teams on draft day (except philly, Washington and dallas of course). 

With the 56th pick in the 2019 Draft the World Champion New England Patriots select from the University of Massachusetts; WR Andy Isabella.

@Wpob the Iggles are on the clock.

Peace. 

we are going to round 3 up to Thursday, my friend.  Fasten your seat belt.

Going to be tough to find a replacement for that division.

Edited by Dcat

Chargers will take Jerry Tillery, DT, Notre Dame

Smart guy, world traveler, extremely intelligent, political and vocal.  Oh and immensely talented. Round 1 talent.  With the Rams getting all the attention in LA, the worldly Tillery will give some much needed media attention while at the same time putting an incredible weapon smack in-between Mebane and Ingram.  Bosa-Mebane-Tillery-Ingram.  Wrap that around your head.  Risk?  Yes.  Worth it?  Yes.

tillery.jpg

I will be in the air from 10:15 until 2:30 eastern standard time.  I will probably not be near a computer until closer to 4.  I have a pick in 15 slots and then not another for an additional 14.  I hope it does not slow picks down  

• DMD unpinned this topic