[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

theHuddle 2019 Mock Draft (Discussion thread)

Dcat

You are more than welcome to join in at any time.  We have teams to spare.  

theHuddle 2019 Mock Draft rules:

1. Duration: We will be doing a 2-round mock NFL draft. If we are fortunate to get through both rounds we will continue with round 3 until late afternoon Thursday, April 25th.
  3. Trades: Trades will be allowed, but avoid doing absurd, unrealistic ones.  Post or send a PM of an impending trade and I will change the spreadsheet.  Trades have to be reasonably close (say within + or - 20%) to the traditional draft value chart (Jimmah Johnson chart) or they will be rejected.   Trading future picks is not permitted because those get abused.  Trading active players is allowed, but they must be active players fairly well known to be on the trade block or in the last year of their contracts or have been replaced through free agency  (players such as Gerald McCoy, Darron Lee, Josh Rosen, etc) and the price must be realistic. Do not try to trade anyone that would cause a tremendous 2019 cap hit to your team, making the trade unrealistic.  Check for dead cap on Spotrac or Over-the-Cap sites.  https://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space/ When examining your trade of an active player, I will check for those things.  Send all trades to me or post in order to be finalized and so I can amend the spreadsheet. And please, no trades are permitted among your own teams (So no trading within your own division).
  5. Draft clock: No clock, but let's be responsible and diligent and try to check in and view PMs and the spreadsheet to see when you are OTC. Otherwise it sucks the fun out of it.
  7. Notifications: Be sure to tag the next GM up (i.e. @Dcat) or send a PM.  Please turn on your notifications on so that when you are tagged you get a notification.

Mock Draft Spreadsheet:

Link to spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-UhKjbmeMTpFvr5wOtCo1u5wIGert-BMmmvdGW1ZDyU/edit?usp=sharing

You can not make edits... but you can sort columns and change tabs at will.  I will make edits as needed. Send me a PM if you see one needed.
     Navigate through the spreadsheet via the tabs at the bottom:

Draft tab: this is the main tab that shows you all the picks for all the rounds in one page. You can quickly see who is on-the-clock and how far away you are from your next pick.
    GM Lineup tab: This is what attaches your team and selections to you on the main draft page. Remind me to change these if there are any changes in GMs. 
    All Players tab: List of draft prospects with averaged rankings from multiple sources. The rankings are several weeks old so they are NOT up to date. Also they are entirely subjective so use them at your own risk. Use the rankings with caution. There will be no opportunity to update the rankings and there are frequent changes.
    Available Player Tab: Very helpful tab.This page gives you a quick look at who is still available. If you see a number next to the player, then he has been selected already and we just haven't gotten around to filtering him off the page. 
    Positional rankings tabs: self explanatory. Warning: Rankings are over 2 months old and have changed significantly since then.  These are only for reference and some are flat out crazy.  Rankings are from several popular draft sites. You can sort by source if you like. Again, these may not up-to-date. Besides, its pretty subjective stuff anyway.

Edited by Dcat

I was listening to the mock draft conducted on Movin' the Chains (Serius NFL) a few days ago  with Pat Kirwan and Jim Miller.  

This is when I decided to allow trades here because it makes so much sense.  Tampa sent Gerald McCoy (whom they don't want to pay) and picks 5 & 39 to move up and get Quinnen Williams.  Cards traded back from 5 again a bit and still got Murray at pick 10.   Tampa dumps the contract albetross that McCoy would be and gets the top DL in the draft. It was brilliant.

If I'm the Tampa Bay GM @GREENBEAN  I would like that kind of deal.  I would imagine so would the Cards.  If they can get some nice picks and still get Murray, then that would be the best for them. 

Edited by Dcat

Arizona made the first pick (murray), but was unaware that we are permitting trades now.  Not sure if Arizona wants to trade back from 1, but I'll give you a chance to find a trade partner if you do before the next pick.

Edited by Dcat

7 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Arizona made the first pick (murray), but was unaware that we are permitting trades now.  Not sure if Arizona wants to trade back from 1, but I'll give you a chance to find a trade partner if you do before the next pick.

I think I'll have Arizona stick with this pick.

• Like 1

TRADE Notice:

The Oakland Raiders move up from pick 1.04 to pick 1.02 in order to jump the Jets to get Edge rusher Nick Bosa.

Here are the parameters of the trade:

49ers send 1.02 (chart value 2600) to Raiders

Raiders send 1.04 (1800) and 1.27 (680) to 49ers.

spreadsheet is updated.

With pick 1.02, the Raiders run to the podium to select the best EDGE defender in the draft: Nick Bosa, Ohio State.  So sorry NYJets... you snooze, you lose.

bosa.jpg

Jets are OTC @jrokh

Edited by Dcat

If we traded a pick later in the draft do we wait until that pick to announce it or can we announce it now?

13 minutes ago, Wpob said:

If we traded a pick later in the draft do we wait until that pick to announce it or can we announce it now?

that's up to you and your trade partner.  Announce it when you think it is strategic to do so.

27 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Just waiting for a reply for a trade with dcat. If rejected the Jets are ready to make their selection 

Denver would like to thank the Jets for the trade up offer, but the value right now on the board is mostly DL and EDGE, neither that glaring need for the Broncos to lose draft capital and trade up.  Broncos need lots of things it can get at 10 or lower.  I'm going to pass, but thank you again. 

Im a Jets fan and season ticket holder for 30+ years.  The Jets like Josh Allen a lot but they are desperate to get more picks to fill so much need... they need EDGE (ironical), center (desperately), tackle (near desperately), CB.  They only have 6 picks.  

Edited by Dcat

TRADE

The New York Giants traded their 2nd round pick in the 2019 draft to the Arizona Cardinals for Josh Rosen.  

Just now, darin3 said:

With the fourth pick in the NFL Draft, the 49ers are thrilled to select Quinnen Williams, DL from Alabama.

@GREENBEAN is OTC

The Niners are reportedly between Bosa and Williams, so we'll take the 1.27 as compensation and our decision is made for itself.

2 minutes ago, Wpob said:

TRADE

The New York Giants traded their 2nd round pick in the 2019 draft to the Arizona Cardinals for Josh Rosen.  

Yup yup.  With Murray ready to explode we can take the extra pick for a useless piece to us.

14 minutes ago, Wpob said:

TRADE

Nice.  I'll add it to the spreadsheet!

I'm sure Rosen is going to love the easy going fans in New York :D

rosen.png

Edited by Dcat

3 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Now if you could only make this happen in real life...

it might happen if the Giants think they can stomach Rosen.  The Movin' the Chains show recent mock did the same thing.

Can you tell me if this readable on your smartphones? (I don't think it will be)

1 1 1 3000 Arizona Cardinals darin3 Kyler Murray Oklahoma QB  
2 1 2 2600 Oakland Raiders Dcat Nick Bosa Ohio State EDGE from 49ers
3 1 3 2200 New York Jets Jets jrokh Josh Allen Kentucky EDGE  
4 1 4 1800 San Francisco 49ers darin3 Quinnen Williams Alabama DL from Raiders
5 1 5 1700 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Greenbean       OTC

2 minutes ago, jrokh said:

I don't think the Giants would do it for pick 37, and the cardinals wouldn't for 95 so not likely 

it's certainly not an unreasonable trade.  Maybe they would give them 37, maybe not, but it's far from crazy.  I think Gettleman protests too much that Manning has "years" left.  Either Giants or Dolphins.  'Zona will need to move Rosen out.  I think Dolphins might be more likely and Rosen probably a better fit for South Florida.

• Dcat changed the title to theHuddle 2019 Mock Draft (Discussion thread)
  • DMD pinned this topic
  • DMD unpinned this topic