[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

theHuddle 2019 Mock Draft (Discussion thread)

Dcat

Agreed, very reasonable on paper, but the Giants didn't love him last year either as they reportedly liked Darnold and Allen considerably more. My guess if he gets moved is the skins, the dolphins are out on a QB till next draft

5 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Agreed, very reasonable on paper, but the Giants didn't love him last year either as they reportedly liked Darnold and Allen considerably more. My guess if he gets moved is the skins, the dolphins are out on a QB till next draft

Yep... Redskins definitely should be in the mix for Rosen.  I guess the Dolphins closed the door to Rosen when they signed the Beard for a year.  Seems crazy to me unless they have their eye on one of this year's prospects who can sit behind Fitz for a year.

Edited by Dcat

A second round pick for Rosen would be a steal for the Giants.   Let him compete with Manning and either best him outright for the job or take over once the giants start to fall in the rankings.  It also frees up the giants to go elsewhere in the first round. 

• Like 1

It's annoying but I don't believe the Giants look at it that way, He doesn't fit the mold of what they look for in a QB. Reports of Rosen being aloof and moody both at UCLA and zona will scare off the Giants at least for pick 37. For 95 I'm sure they would pull the trigger 

• Like 1

This is the first time I've tried to do this with active player trades and I was thinking about McCoy.  He has 2 years on the contract at about $13 million each.  No dead money.  Tampa is in cap hell. They have less cap space than 31 other NFL teams. Real good job by the front office there... <cough> Jon Idzik <cough> .  They got some big contracts coming up, including Winston if they want him.  They are switching to a Todd Bowles 3-4 scheme (gulp... brace yourselves Bucs fans).  Sending McCoy gives them 13 M in cap room.  I think they move him before or at the draft.  I have no idea what he'd fetch, but a 4-3 team with cap space who could use a really good DT for a year or more maybe with a reasonable extension is bound to come knocking. 

I checked my 5 teams' cap space.  The only healthy one is Oakland who isn't interested at the moment after drafting Bosa.   

If you're trading, you can check cap space here: https://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space/

Edited by Dcat
  • Like 1

• DMD pinned this topic

No way will the Cardinals move Rosen for a 2nd.  They moved up last year to take him in the top half of the first round.  Unless someone sells the farm for Murray, or they get a 1st for Rosen, they will likely draft Murray and just keep them both.  

1 1 1 3000 Arizona Cardinals darin3 Kyler Murray Oklahoma QB  
2 1 2 2600 Oakland Raiders Dcat Nick Bosa Ohio State EDGE from 49ers
3 1 3 2200 New York Jets Jets jrokh Josh Allen Kentucky EDGE  
4 1 4 1800 San Francisco 49ers darin3 Quinnen Williams Alabama DL from Raiders
5 1 5 1700 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Greenbean Devin White LSU LB  
6 1 6 1600 New York Giants Giants Wpob Ed Oliver Houston DL  
7 1 7 1500 Jacksonville Jaguars Shorttynaz Jawaan Taylor Florida OT  
8 1 8 1400 Detroit Lions Big John Montez Sweat Mississippi State EDGE  
9 1 9 1350 Buffalo Bills jrokh TJ Hockenson Iowa TE  
10 1 10 1300 Denver Broncos Dcat Dwayne Haskins Ohio State QB  
11 1 11 1250 Cincinnati Bengals Greenbean       OTC
12 1 12 1200 Green Bay Packers Big John        
13 1 13 1150 Miami Dolphins jrokh        
14 1 14 1100 Atlanta Falcons jrokh        
15 1 15 1050 Washington Redskins Wpob        

12 hours ago, Shorttynaz said:

No way will the Cardinals move Rosen for a 2nd.  They moved up last year to take him in the top half of the first round.  Unless someone sells the farm for Murray, or they get a 1st for Rosen, they will likely draft Murray and just keep them both.  

They're not getting a 1st for Rosen and I saw no benefit of keeping both.  The additional 2nd means we get a starter-level player on a team bereft of talent.

34 minutes ago, darin3 said:

They're not getting a 1st for Rosen and I saw no benefit of keeping both.  The additional 2nd means we get a starter-level player on a team bereft of talent.

That's why you should be the Cardinals GM.  The one they have is only good at eating burritos, drinking and driving, and making ridiculous moves.  Tons of local sports guys (radio guys) have the same mindset I do.  They will draft Murray and then have luxury at the QB position.  The Cardinals are definitely in the driver's seat, but there's only a market if someone is interested.  Regardless if they move Rosen or not, I am convinced that Kyler Murray is Arizona's QB of the future.  Sure, there are teams out there who would love to get Rosen for a 2nd and then mold him into their QB of the future, but the Cardinals moved up in last years draft to get him at #10 overall.  The Cardinals did themselves NO favors by making Rosen the starter last year mid-way through the season behind one of the worst lines in football and no one to throw to. 

The only other rumor I hear the local guys talking about on the radio is that Washington could make a draft day move when they're on the clock at #15 - if Murray, Haskins, and Lock are all off the board, and one of those guys didn't go to Washington in a trade.  From what I hear, it's more than just a rumor.  But like you said, I don't see anyone giving up a 1st for Rosen unless it's a future 1st.  If there's one team in which it makes all the sense in the world, it's the Giants.  But they will likely be one of the teams who takes Haskins/Lock @ #10.  

The logical thing to do would be to take Bosa and have a game changer on the defensive line for the foreseeable future as (IMO) he's definitely the best available player in this years draft.  There was some smoke a few weeks ago in that Gruden and Mayock were dead set on using some of their draft capital to move up and take Murray #1 overall.  That fire went out after rumors that Oakland was going to go after Wilson when Seattle wouldn't budge and give him an extension.  Now that Wilson is locked in for another 4 years in Seattle, Oakland could come back to the Cardinals and ask if they could have this dance.  Who knows..  

33 minutes ago, Shorttynaz said:

That's why you should be the Cardinals GM.  The one they have is only good at eating burritos, drinking and driving, and making ridiculous moves.  Tons of local sports guys (radio guys) have the same mindset I do.  They will draft Murray and then have luxury at the QB position.  The Cardinals are definitely in the driver's seat, but there's only a market if someone is interested.  Regardless if they move Rosen or not, I am convinced that Kyler Murray is Arizona's QB of the future.  Sure, there are teams out there who would love to get Rosen for a 2nd and then mold him into their QB of the future, but the Cardinals moved up in last years draft to get him at #10 overall.  The Cardinals did themselves NO favors by making Rosen the starter last year mid-way through the season behind one of the worst lines in football and no one to throw to. 

The only other rumor I hear the local guys talking about on the radio is that Washington could make a draft day move when they're on the clock at #15 - if Murray, Haskins, and Lock are all off the board, and one of those guys didn't go to Washington in a trade.  From what I hear, it's more than just a rumor.  But like you said, I don't see anyone giving up a 1st for Rosen unless it's a future 1st.  If there's one team in which it makes all the sense in the world, it's the Giants.  But they will likely be one of the teams who takes Haskins/Lock @ #10.  

The logical thing to do would be to take Bosa and have a game changer on the defensive line for the foreseeable future as (IMO) he's definitely the best available player in this years draft.  There was some smoke a few weeks ago in that Gruden and Mayock were dead set on using some of their draft capital to move up and take Murray #1 overall.  That fire went out after rumors that Oakland was going to go after Wilson when Seattle wouldn't budge and give him an extension.  Now that Wilson is locked in for another 4 years in Seattle, Oakland could come back to the Cardinals and ask if they could have this dance.  Who knows..  

Re: bolded.... different regime.  They've handed the keys to Kliff Kingsbury and Murray has been his guy for years.  They didn't bring KK in to just let him try and mold a QB that doesn't fit his system.  Not saying Rosen is a square peg in a round hole, but Murray is KK's guy.  They wouldn't have brought KK in unless they foresaw major changes at QB.  Last year's move-up is a distant memory.  They will get what they can for Rosen.  They're playing coy right now hoping the price stays at a 1st or 2nd.  Doubt anyone bites for a 1st because even with ARI trying to have a poker face they know Rosen is fodder for them.  They'll be lucky to get a 2nd.  But they'd take it in a heartbeat.... in this draft a 2nd is a day-one starter.

The Cardinals are in love with N'Keal Harry - but that's again coming from a few local radio guys who are also ASU homers.  Personally, I don't see him making it to the 2nd round, but I base that of of the local homers hype. 

Agree in part with both, and its funny to note that one guy is saying no way the cards would trade Rosen for anything less than a first, and all the reports from teams is they don't even want to give up a second. I believe Keim the GM was there last year and is still there, and he makes the call not Kingsbury. My sense is the Cards have already offered Rosen to the Giants for 37 and the Giants flat out rejected that proposal. There were earlier reports that one team already offered a second rounder, and using my powers of deduction I think that team is the Chargers which is a late rounder at that. The Cards and specifically Keim must be floored that Rosen is worth so little ATM. I really think its the Redskins or take the crappy offer. Would they really keep Rosen if they draft Murray? I don't see it...

I think they do keep both if the value is not there.  Local reports (Cardinals insiders) are that the Cardinals have reached out to no one.  They have received interest from multiple teams but compensation 'supposedly' has not been discussed.  One of these local insiders reports that the Cardinals are very content having both guys if they can't get what they deem good value.  Supposedly that value is higher than a 2nd round pick. 

36 minutes ago, Shorttynaz said:

I think they do keep both if the value is not there.  Local reports (Cardinals insiders) are that the Cardinals have reached out to no one.  They have received interest from multiple teams but compensation 'supposedly' has not been discussed.  One of these local insiders reports that the Cardinals are very content having both guys if they can't get what they deem good value.  Supposedly that value is higher than a 2nd round pick. 

Poker face.

Keim and Co. wouldn't have hired Kingsbury unless they were on board with letting him get his QB.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, darin3 said:

With the 21st pick, the Seattle Seahawks select Christian Wilkins, DL Clemson

back to @GREENBEAN

Jeremiah has mocked the Hawks taking a different DT but in his mock Wilkins was gone 2 spots before their pick.  I think Wilkins is a stud borne of the "Seattle way" and would fit perfectly alongside what they already have. 

• Like 1

• DMD unpinned this topic