Sign in to follow this  
Dcat

theHuddle 2019 Mock Draft (Discussion thread)

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, jrokh said:

I doubt some guy on Arizona radio has seen the Giants QB list. Sounds like the Cardinals are in denial about Rosens' worth...

It wasn't a local guy - but either way.  Only time will tell.  I'm not opposed to them keeping both.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't have the answers either, just when I see or hear things like a source familiar with the organization's thinking, it sounds  like speculation at best. I would be surprised if they kept both would be too much drama.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, darin3 said:

With the 36th pick the Niners select Rock Ya-Sin, CB Temple

 

Niners really wanted Greedy but Ya-Sin is rocketing up people's draft boards so we're happy enough.  This secondary is garbage, needs a stud on the outside.

 

 

6 minutes ago, darin3 said:

With the 37th pick the Arizona Cardinals take Deebo Samuel, WR South Carolina

 

Samuel is another guy that's shooting up the draft boards.  Christian Kirk is a solid WR but is more adept at inside routes.  Samuel is more of a true #1 WR and can learn under Fitz for a year or two.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Shorttynaz said:

With the 38th pick in the 2019 #TheHuddle NFL Mock Draft, your Sacksonville Jaguars select Jachai Polite, DE, Florida

 

@GREENBEAN - Tampa Bay is up

 

Was between him and Samuel for the Cards.  Cards need edge rusher too but felt WR was the more pressing need especially with a "new look offense"

 

Good pick, he once had a 1st-round grade but has looked kinda off during workouts.  Has talent and measurables so he'll probably come around.  Fits nicely with what JAC does defensively and being from Florida, could be an easier transition.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Slow 24 hrs that started with me last night.  Well it was a very good 1st round!  It will pick up tomorrow and maybe ok on Saturday.  Easter Sunday probably next to dead.  We'll see.

 

Next 10 picks: 

Greenbean
jrokh
Dcat
Greenbean
Big John
Big John
jrokh
Wpob
Dcat
jrokh

 

 

Edited by Dcat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Things that were mild surprises in round 1 (for me): Risner, Harry, Baker (who I picked for the chiefs....  more on that mistake in a moment..) but most of all, one of my favorite targets for mid round 2: Jenkins.  

 

For KC, my gut instinct said WR.  Everyone knows Hill is at risk of a lengthy suspension but its still under investigation..  so easy to ignore the risk. So I went with a corner.  Today I read this in another thread and got a call from Mark Donovan that said I'm close to being fired and not to f up the rest of the draft.

 

Quote

The Kansas City Star reports Tyreek Hill's three-year-old son was "recently removed from the custody of Hill and the boy’s mother."

 

Per the Star, it "isn’t clear when the boy was removed, or who he is staying with now." The Star reports Hill and his fiancee, Crystal Espinal, have been "working through a family court process called a 'child in need of care' case." Two separate investigations into child abuse at Hill's home were opened across nine days in March. The second incident involved the alleged breaking of Hill's son's arm. Hill reported for the start of Chiefs voluntary workouts this week, but this is looking like a situation that will involve a lengthy suspension, outright release or both.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn.  Not sure if there's any coming back from that if it were abuse. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Shorttynaz said:

Damn.  Not sure if there's any coming back from that if it were abuse. 

 

there's no making it.  It sounds bad.  Unless someone else did it. The press knows sh*t.  It's under investigation.  I wonder how much the Chiefs FO knows.  There are a smaller number of cases where the mother was abusive, but it does happen.  

Edited by Dcat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

and I think Josh Rosen for Deebo is great for Arizona and well worth it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Holy crap @jrokh,  Look at all the firepower you are giving Josh Allen!  I like it.  Brown's speed + Allen's arm = Daryl Lamonica to Warren Wells.  Look it up.  The rest of the AFCEast better get some FAST corners.

Edited by Dcat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cardinals darin3 Kyler Murray
Cardinals darin3 Erik McCoy
Cardinals darin3 Deebo Samuel

 

Nice trio. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

AJ Brown a really nice pick at 2.12 for the Packers.  Brown's draft position has been quietly consistent through the weeks... late 1st - 2nd teens.   Although I really think both Valdez-Scantling and Equanimeous have excellent potential in Green Bay.  Adding Brown gives Rodgers a young but talented group to complement Adams.   @Big John, You are a life-long Packers fan.  What's the consensus among Packer fans about those two young WRs?

 

@jrokh OTC for Atlanta

Edited by Dcat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They currently have Allison starting opposite Adams, and he is not going to cut it. MVS and St Brown were struggling with Rodgers last year but may improve, but they need another young receiver to compete.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow Atlanta getting serious about that DL!  Gary in the 1st and now Lawrence in the 2nd.  That's a lot of beef right there.  

 

 

gary.jpg

lawrence.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wanted to go OL there but all the ones I like are gone, and I have a First round grade on Lawrence, so there you go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jrokh said:

Wanted to go OL there but all the ones I like are gone, and I have a First round grade on Lawrence, so there you go.

 

Atlanta need to revamp much of that defense.  Especially with the big decesion on whether or not to let Beasley become an UFA after 2019.  Nice picks.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know the Colts are up soon.  Need to run to the store to get some stuff for the Easter bunny to give the kids.  Will be back in about ~90 minutes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

there are some really good prospects going to be there in round 3. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dcat said:

there are some really good prospects going to be there in round 3. 

Agreed.  I don't follow much of any NCAA FB - so I only learn about these players (most of them) around this time of year.  I have a few 'Big Boards' that I have been referring to - for the most part they're all pretty similar.  I know it's all just a writers opinions, but according to a few of them -  with the exception of D.K. Metcalf, I'm getting value and gobbling up players that probably won't be there on draft day.  At any rate, it's pretty fun.  3 of the teams I'm drafting for I could care less how well they do, but am still drafting needs for these teams and not trying to reach for anyone, either.  It's hard to draft for Indy - the fan in me wants to take certain players, but the fake GM in me knows that we have needs and this is how we fill them.  We really need a WR or two more than anything else, but in the long run, we need quality and depth on D - so for anyone out there reading this, at least for the Colts, I'm sticking with defensive picks (or will I?).  I can only hope these players pan out.  Simmons won't see the field in 2019, but if he's there for real on Thursday night, man - I hope Ballard looks long and hard at that one.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Shorttynaz said:

Agreed.  I don't follow much of any NCAA FB - so I only learn about these players (most of them) around this time of year.  I have a few 'Big Boards' that I have been referring to - for the most part they're all pretty similar.  I know it's all just a writers opinions, but according to a few of them -  with the exception of D.K. Metcalf, I'm getting value and gobbling up players that probably won't be there on draft day.  At any rate, it's pretty fun.  3 of the teams I'm drafting for I could care less how well they do, but am still drafting needs for these teams and not trying to reach for anyone, either.  It's hard to draft for Indy - the fan in me wants to take certain players, but the fake GM in me knows that we have needs and this is how we fill them.  We really need a WR or two more than anything else, but in the long run, we need quality and depth on D - so for anyone out there reading this, at least for the Colts, I'm sticking with defensive picks (or will I?).  I can only hope these players pan out.  Simmons won't see the field in 2019, but if he's there for real on Thursday night, man - I hope Ballard looks long and hard at that one.  

Patiently waiting for @BeeRto critique my Colts picks.  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

where's the old peanut gallery criticizing picks?  I miss that.  This kumbaya stuff gets old fast.  We all know which picks sucked.  B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@jrokh is dropping out after round 2.

 

I've posted looking for a replacement.  If no one steps up, we will divide up the teams among us so we can do round 3.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dcat said:

@jrokh is dropping out after round 2.

 

I've posted looking for a replacement.  If no one steps up, we will divide up the teams among us so we can do round 3.

 

I say whoever wants to draft for him, just make the pick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed.  If someone is available they should just make the pick for any owner who dropped off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.