[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2019 NFL Draft Thread

michaelredd9

13 minutes ago, michaelredd9 said:

Oh boy is this great!

Is it? I get that there are 2/3/possibly4 stories to follow ...and then what? I will watch rounds 1-2 then watch something on Netflix or my DVR the rest of the time. 

Anyone paying attention to rounds 3-?

*I"m not a dynasty player (yet) so anyone else? ABC? REALLY? What a waste of funds. Those looking forward to tonight have nfl on speed dial no matter what channel. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, boltnlava said:

Is it? I get that there are 2/3/possibly4 stories to follow ...and then what? I will watch rounds 1-2 then watch something on Netflix or my DVR the rest of the time. 

Anyone paying attention to rounds 3-?

*I"m not a dynasty player (yet) so anyone else? ABC? REALLY? What a waste of funds. Those looking forward to tonight have nfl on speed dial no matter what channel. 

Yeah, I'm a first round kind of guy.   On day 2 and day 3, I'll only pay attention to the Packers' picks.

I wonder if there is a chance that the Cardinals will both bypass Kyler Murray and trade Josh Rosen.  Kyler Murray might fit the Air Raid offense but he has plenty of question marks concerning his personality and attitude.  Being successful at quarterback encompasses a lot more than just physical attributes. 

Will Grier played in an NFL-style Air Raid offense and was very successful.  He has a weak arm but is extremely accurate.  Accuracy is by far the most important quarterback trait.  And he has the type of personality that elite quarterbacks tend to possess.  My guess is that he won't make it to the first pick of the second round.  I could see Belichick drafting him if he is still available at pick 32.  But the Cardinals could easily trade up from the first pick of the second round if they want him.  Or they might pick up a mid or late first round pick if they trade down from the first pick.  They might even have to trade up to pick 12 if they really want him.

20 minutes ago, michaelredd9 said:

I wonder if there is a chance that the Cardinals will both bypass Kyler Murray and trade Josh Rosen.  Kyler Murray might fit the Air Raid offense but he has plenty of question marks concerning his personality and attitude.  Being successful at quarterback encompasses a lot more than just physical attributes. 

Will Grier played in an NFL-style Air Raid offense and was very successful.  He has a weak arm but is extremely accurate.  Accuracy is by far the most important quarterback trait.  And he has the type of personality that elite quarterbacks tend to possess.  My guess is that he won't make it to the first pick of the second round.  I could see Belichick drafting him if he is still available at pick 32.  But the Cardinals could easily trade up from the first pick of the second round if they want him.  Or they might pick up a mid or late first round pick if they trade down from the first pick.  They might even have to trade up to pick 12 if they really want him.

I still like Rosen better than Murray. I'm not a Murray fan. I'd trade that #1 for a haul and rebuild that entire roster.

20 minutes ago, michaelredd9 said:

I can't see the Cards passing on Murray AND trading Rosen.  I think they take Murray as they have NO O Line and Murray can extend plays with his legs.  Rosen was a sitting duck and went three and out over and over again putting the D back on the field WAY too much.  I didn't see enough out of Rosen last year and hope we take Murray.  Rosen needs more than the Cards have or will have for at least 2 or 3 more years.

Despite needs on defense, I think the Packers will draft a tight end and a wide receiver in the first round.  Aaron Rodgers is 35 years old.  I think they'll give him one last influx of talent.  Giving Matt LeFleur a couple of shiny new toys would be a nice welcoming gift as well.

7 minutes ago, michaelredd9 said:

Despite needs on defense, I think the Packers will draft a tight end and a wide receiver in the first round.  Aaron Rodgers is 35 years old.  I think they'll give him one last influx of talent.  Giving Matt LeFleur a couple of shiny new toys would be a nice welcoming gift as well.

I agree, especially the tight end. 

7 minutes ago, Shaft said:

Plastic Man couldn't reach that far. They should've traded down if that's who they wanted. 

The same conundrum applies to fantasy football.  Do you draft the players you love ahead of where they are adp'd or do you wait and risk someone else also secretly being enamored with them?  It is true that they could have at least traded down a few spots and safely landed Colin Farrell.  But sometimes front offices know things and the press misunderestimates.

2 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

:unsure:  Oh well, I can still be half right if the Packers draft a receiver with their 30th pick.  But I'm glad they went defense.  The offense will be great with Rodgers without blue chippers.  Put draft capital into the defense.