[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2019 NFL Draft Thread

michaelredd9

36 minutes ago, michaelredd9 said:

The same conundrum applies to fantasy football.  Do you draft the players you love ahead of where they are adp'd or do you wait and risk someone else also secretly being enamored with them?  It is true that they could have at least traded down a few spots and safely landed Colin Farrell.  But sometimes front offices know things and the press misunderestimates.

Not exactly the same, but I understand your point. Like I said, if that's the case, trade down. There was a serious chance he could've dropped out of the first round. It is what it is. 

8 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

:unsure:  Oh well, I can still be half right if the Packers draft a receiver with their 30th pick.  But I'm glad they went defense.  The offense will be great with Rodgers without blue chippers.  Put draft capital into the defense.

An odd draft for the Packers. I think there was much better talent and value on the board when they made those selections. I like both players but not where they were picked. 

Jawann Taylor was ranked as the #1 Offensive lineman in this draft and expected to go in the top half. He slid far enough for the Vikings to take him but they passed on him for Bradberry. I was hoping they would trade back into the first round and grab Taylor too. Then Taylor slides all the way out of the 1st round. I can’t find anything that explains why, and none of the guys on the broadcast mentioned anything as a reason why he has slid either. Does anyone here know why?

15 hours ago, League_Champion said:

No but they both suck

I lost McShay after he claimed MN Gophers QB Mitch Leidner would be a 1st round draft choice before his senior season started.  I thought it was a joke at first when somebody told me about it.  I am not sure if he was even drafted.  It makes me wonder how good McShay is at his job. 

Edited by purplemonster

On 4/25/2019 at 9:21 PM, michaelredd9 said:

The same conundrum applies to fantasy football.  Do you draft the players you love ahead of where they are adp'd or do you wait and risk someone else also secretly being enamored with them?  It is true that they could have at least traded down a few spots and safely landed Colin Farrell.  But sometimes front offices know things and the press misunderestimates.

yeah

remember the rumor last year that new orleans was set to pull the trigger on mahomes and kc leapfrogged them?

you hear the same kinda stuff about daniel jones...giants fans and people saying "they could have gotten him at 17"....but what if hes there at 15 when washington picks is he still there? what if someone jumps ahead of them between picks 7-16?

great weekend....im a huge draft guy.....i think my pats did pretty well...im happy

4 hours ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

yeah

remember the rumor last year that new orleans was set to pull the trigger on mahomes and kc leapfrogged them?

you hear the same kinda stuff about daniel jones...giants fans and people saying "they could have gotten him at 17"....but what if hes there at 15 when washington picks is he still there? what if someone jumps ahead of them between picks 7-16?

great weekend....im a huge draft guy.....i think my pats did pretty well...im happy

The Pats always do well. They always seem to get those perfect fits rather than fishing for a star. They are a machine. 

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

Good point

Also the ones that may pan out are developmental QB’s and TE’s who don’t tend to make much impact the first year. No huge RB or WR candidates.  Just not much there period for skill positions, at least top end.  Kyler Murray seems like a bit of an exception given he’ll start right away but how much are you expecting?  Prob not that much.  Compare to last year with lots of dynamic QB’s, Barkley, Penny, Michel, Ridley, DJ Moore.  The best prospects in this draft were OL and DL guys.  

Edited by purplemonster

On 4/28/2019 at 11:01 AM, League_Champion said:

I agree. I thought days 1 & 2 were great for them. Day 3 was very dissapointing to me. But I do love those first 3 picks I think they nailed them.

day 3 is going to disappoint most...because the reality is that most people arent going to have a damn clue about any of them and likely have never seen them play lol

On 4/25/2019 at 8:01 PM, Wolverines Fan said:

NFL Network. 

Don't want to watch espn's 25 different talking heads.

If I had watched would have to be ESPN or ABC since NFL Network was dropped from U-Verse a few days before the draft. However during the draft U-Verse put ESPN on the NFLN channel (1630) and after the draft was over NBA TV was on that channel. Not sure what chance there is that NFLN and RedZone come back to U-Verse.

PS  Watching the draft never appealed to me much, in part because I don't watch much college football so don't know the players. Also just not something I find entertaining. I did do it last year, with the Browns having 2 top 5 picks and a co-worker inviting a bunch of us to join his usual group that gets together.