[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Todd Gurley - 2019 draft ranking

Will be interesting to see where Gurley falls in early drafting...he clearly was hobbled by the end of last season and the Rams drafting of Henderson was a huge flag IMO.  An early 3rd round pick for a RB should see plenty of playing time in most cases.

And arthritis, while treatable, is a degenerative disease and won't just go away.  The more he plays on that knee it's just going to turn to mush eventually...

17 minutes ago, Piranha said:

Not to mention, he doesn't care about your fantasy team

More importantly, Sean McVay and the Rams' coaching staff doesn't.  They will mix in Henderson as much if not more than they did with Anderson last year.  Henderson is a unique talent that will really mix things up in that offense.  

I'm a Gurley owner and am treating him as if he'll be my RB2.

4 hours ago, darin3 said:

More importantly, Sean McVay and the Rams' coaching staff doesn't.  They will mix in Henderson as much if not more than they did with Anderson last year.  Henderson is a unique talent that will really mix things up in that offense.  

I agree. That injury scares me. I'll be passing on Gurley if he falls my way. 

15 hours ago, purplemonster said:

Sounds like a mess.  I guess Jacobs is the one to own probably then huh?  

You mean Henderson?  Jacobs is on the Raiders.

I'd take a stab at Henderson in later rounds.

7 hours ago, darin3 said:

You mean Henderson?  Jacobs is on the Raiders.

I'd take a stab at Henderson in later rounds.

Sorry brain fart. For some reason I thought I was replying to the Oakland Raiders thread whenever I wrote that

Edited by purplemonster

This is a question best answered after the 3rd preseason game, or as late as humanly possible before your draft. I want as much information as possible on Gurley before I make an educated guess on this. And it will still be a guess because the Rams were misters on information about him all of last year.

ETA: "misters" for a$$hats - I love it  :lol:

Edited by stethant

1 hour ago, stethant said:

This is a question best answered after the 3rd preseason game, or as late as humanly possible before your draft. I want as much information as possible on Gurley before I make an educated guess on this. And it will still be a guess because the Rams were misters on information about him all of last year.

ETA: "misters" for a$$hats - I love it  :lol:

I don't think we'll see enough of Gurley during the preseason to make a determination one way or another. I do know that it's a degenerative condition that only gets worse over time. He can still have a couple really good years left, or not. Time will tell.

The lack of a diagnosis and their using stem cells is what concerns me.  You don’t tend to use stem cells until you are in ‘oh sht’ territory.  The diagnosis appears to be ‘his knee is jacked up’.  Given his apparent lack of improvement and them drafting a RB it’s going to be a hard pass for me now. 

Edited by purplemonster

On 5/1/2019 at 1:35 PM, darin3 said:

Yep.  I think he's still a 1400 total yard guy with 10 TD's.  Solid floor but the ceiling is most certainly capped.  But man, what if this is all a smoke screen?  His payout at that kind of ADP is priceless.

On 5/14/2019 at 11:52 AM, flemingd said:

Yep.  I think he's still a 1400 total yard guy with 10 TD's.  Solid floor but the ceiling is most certainly capped.  But man, what if this is all a smoke screen?  His payout at that kind of ADP is priceless.

The last half of last season wasn't a smokescreen - if you're trying to win a Super Bowl the only reason Gurley isn't out there is because he's really hurt.

Since we don't know what was wrong with him (more degenerative problems or something new, like a ligament that will heal), it's really hard to say. Agree that if he heals up man what a steal. We won't know until we know...

19 minutes ago, stethant said:

The last half of last season wasn't a smokescreen - if you're trying to win a Super Bowl the only reason Gurley isn't out there is because he's really hurt.

Since we don't know what was wrong with him (more degenerative problems or something new, like a ligament that will heal), it's really hard to say. Agree that if he heals up man what a steal. We won't know until we know...

Well by "this" I meant the 2019 stuff, the rhetoric, the speculation.  Obviously the Rams weren't smoke-screening the playoff run and Super Bowl.  It's quite possible, though, that now he's feeling better or has found treatment or a new way to cope with it or whatever.  It's the only way you ever have a shot at trading for him, and if you're taking it you're taking it with the hope that he comes out clean.

• 3 weeks later...

Nothing like never seeing Gurley in the preseason to make that first round pick feel mighty risky. I cannot think of a time in the past that someone had a similar kind of risk where it paid off to take the player so early - which you would have to since someone is going to willingly accept the risk given the possible upside. Totally different deal, but Le'Veon Bell owners were pretty sick last year with their picks (including me on a couple of teams).

He has first-round talent - maybe #1 overall value - but I am done with taking anyone with risk in the first round. There are just far too many other options with at worst, a slight step down.